Who has the absolute, WORST NBA COURT

LEWJ

I actually like when a design or logo is incorporated on a larger scale IF and only if it looks good and not gawdy (spelling?).

I remember the Colorado Buffaloes had a really nicely done large logo thing across their court. I know that they are college but I'm just using them as an example. It was subtle but classy and it went across the whole court. I've tried to find a pic unsuccessfully.

I just wish more NBA teams would consider stuff like that. Subtle and Classy rarely describes anything in the NBA anymore.

I just wish more NBA teams would consider stuff like that. Subtle and Classy rarely describes anything in the NBA anymore.

I don't agree with that at all. The Jazz switched from those absurd mountain jerseys to something very plain. The Magic went pajamas to boring uniforms. The Grizzlies and Pistons used to be teal, and now they are much more presentable. There have been similar movements with courts -- i.e., the Rockets from 10 years ago to today, etc.

If anything, the NBA has become too subtle. The different wood stains are just flavors of the month. They'll be replaced by something different soon enough.

And as far as two-tone is considered, this guys knows a little something about that:

2tone_disk.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Favorites:

Bulls- One of the first teams to put logos inside the 3 pt arc, now nearly every team does it. Classic look hasn't been changed since they moved to the United Center. However, I do prefer the Chicago Stadium court even more (red out of bounds instead of black; no basketball behind the logo at center court).

Timberwolves- The tree along the baseline is unique.

Sonics- Not a huge fan of two tones, but like how their's looks. Like the color scheme.

vigcoliseum6.jpg

The Hornets one is toned down too, they used to have a hornets nest thing as I mentioned earlier.

The honeycomb pattern was inside the 3-second area. The small picture size of the old Charlotte Coliseum court prevents the pattern from being seen. At least my recollections of late 90's Charlotte basketball seem to recall that.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

vigcoliseum6.jpg

The Hornets one is toned down too, they used to have a hornets nest thing as I mentioned earlier.

The honeycomb pattern was inside the 3-second area. The small picture size of the old Charlotte Coliseum court prevents the pattern from being seen. At least my recollections of late 90's Charlotte basketball seem to recall that.

Maybe you're right about the small size. But I'm pretty sure they got rid of the honeycomb and just went a normal floor afterwards.

I don't agree with that at all. The Jazz switched from those absurd mountain jerseys to something very plain. The Magic went pajamas to boring uniforms. The Grizzlies and Pistons used to be teal, and now they are much more presentable. There have been similar movements with courts -- i.e., the Rockets from 10 years ago to today, etc.

If anything, the NBA has become too subtle. The different wood stains are just flavors of the month. They'll be replaced by something different soon enough.

And as far as two-tone is considered, this guys knows a little something about that:

2tone_disk.jpg

There is a HUGE difference between "subtle and classy" and BORING and SIMPLISTIC which is what I think some of the teams you mentioned are guilty of. The only exception in my opinion is Detroit, I also agree that their look is better now than before.

Bulls and the Timberwolves have the worst. Ditch the tree design around the court and do we need that many Bull logos? Also ditch the ball design behind the bull at center court and change out of bounds area from black to red..

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Best: Jazz, Knicks, Rockets, Clippers (although the new Staples Center lighting is horrible)

Worst: Bobcats, Suns, Cavs

I am a fan of the Cavs, but they ruined a once-great floor. I blame Phoenix for starting the whole fad with their "desert" look.

Bulls and the Timberwolves have the worst. Ditch the tree design around the court and do we need that many Bull logos? Also ditch the ball design behind the bull at center court and change out of bounds area from black to red..

I think the ball at center court is a little lame, but the worst in the league? Are you that bitter about 1993? I do think the baseline wordmarks should be in the typeface from the main logo, and lose the basketball behind the bull, but come on. It's not that bad. The Cavaliers look much worse.

Ah, basketball in the 1990s. We have 500 gallons of paint in storage, and by God, we are going to use it.

Yeah. Much better than the current: "We are all going to stain different areas differnet colors, and if that isn't bad enough, we won't paint the lane because we want it to look like a high school gym. But wait... just to look even more ridiculous, we will paint the edges of the lane while leaving the inside blank."

I think the ball at center court is a little lame, but the worst in the league? Are you that bitter about 1993? I do think the baseline wordmarks should be in the typeface from the main logo, and lose the basketball behind the bull, but come on. It's not that bad. The Cavaliers look much worse.

I agree with everything you said. I think I should go lie down.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived