Is anybody going to wear throwbacks in the NFL on Thanksgiving?

BRM_PTX

Thank God the Lions aren't wearing the black alts. That is the worst jersey in the NFL IMO< just because it craps on tradition (ok, crappy tradition, but still).

The only tradition Detroit has is having crappy football teams every year and boring-a** teams that the country is subjected to every single year on Thanksgiving. I think the Cardinals are the only current NFL team with a more lame NFL history.

Barry Sanders is the only thing that has been worth watching in a Lion uniform in the last 30 years.

The black uniform looks fine as an alternate. Of course until that moron Millen is fired (it has to be after this year, doesn't it?), it won't matter if the Lions wear purple polka-dots. They will still stink.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

01.jpg

*cough* lazy *cough*

Real mature buddy, the forums wont let you post 6 pics, so I figured since we all know what KC and Denver look like, people could make their own assumption.

It was, for the most part, a joke. :rolleyes:

a sense of humor is not welcome on these boards bucco :P

Seriously, nobody can take a joke anymore. Its pretty sad.

One more year of suffering like this and the Buccaneers might just have earned back those creamsicle unis. A few more years and they can wear them full time. The scarlet and pewter has definitely been stained.

If Glazer really won't break out the orange uniforms because of their losing tradition, then do you think he'll order an other redesign after a few more losing seasons in the current set?

To quote a fan off one of the cowboys boards in regards to the jerseys they are wearing today:

The title pretty much says it all . Didn't losing the 1994 championship game in these ugly uniforms teach that idiot Jones anything ? The losing record when wearing these ugly rags says it all ! Seems like marketing ugly jerseys means more to the :censored: who owns this team than winning ! I expect silver and blue excellence , nothing less on a team that can pick their uniforms in a :censored:ing home game fer christ's sake ! The early 60s team lost more games than they won in these Halloween costumes and the losing tradition continued when they brought the mother :censored:ers back in the 90s ! Win or lose today those ugly uniforms gotta go !

another one

I can't stand those jersey's. I wish they would only use them as a road jersey because anything other than the white jersey's at home is just criminal.
:D

got some more that are equally as funny:

Agreed. Amen. Ditto. Those throwback unis should be taken out to the dumpster and never allowed back into the dressing room. I hate those ugly things.
You can't throw history away, but you shouldn't repeat it either. Just today, as I was watching the first quarter after a generous double helping of turkey and trimmings, a piece of peanut butter pie, a piece of coconut pie, and several adult beverages, I made the comment that those uniforms are ugly as hell and they should get rid of them. They really are ugly, and make the team look very low end. I'ts like something you would buy in the clearance tent at a walmart. Can we start a fan petition and ask Jerry to please ditch the ugly rags?
I couldn't agree more. Our regular uniform is one of the classiest and most recognizable in all of sports. Wearing those butt-ugly throwbacks things is like taking the pinstripes off of the Yankees.
Well, thankfully Jed only rolls those out twice a year. Once on Thanksgiving, which I can live with as long as we wear whites at home, and whoever let's Dallas wear white on the road. THOSE are the signature uniforms of the best team in NFL History.

Can anybody say, "first to sixth, seventh and eighth Lombardi trophies?!" :D

for the record there was one post in support of the throwbacks.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I know I'm not in the NFL, but I did break out my Eric Rhett orangecicle jersey yesterday for my Turkey Bowl. I think I might be one of the few if not the only person with an Eric Rhett Bucs jersey in SoCal. *LOL*

I find it funny that one of the Cowboys fans said the throwbacks make them look low end, yet with the throwbacks the colours match.

Also, fans of a team that use these lose their right to call anything "low end."

Archived