Mike Vanderjagt cut by Cowboys

BJ Sands

The shank against Pittsburgh absolutely destroyed him. The misses in the preseason, the two misses against the Colts, it just goes on. He never got his confidence back. And you could almost see it on his face when he missed a Steelers that he knew he'd never be the same.

On the other hand, there's still some teams that could probably use a kicker that makes 72% of his kicks and 4% of the critical ones, somewhere...maybe.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

well, at least they didn't sign the 'idiot' Gramatica :)

Well actually they did :D

.... well, the idiot Gramatica I was referring to was Bill, you know, the one that tore his knee? But, then you already know that, right? :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Is anyone else just seriously stunned by how much Vanderjagt has dropped in the past 2-3 years? I mean, seriously...when he had his perfect season, people were talking Hall of Fame.

...and now, he just got cut. How often does that happen to the most accurate field goal kicker in NFL history? It's just a strange turn of events.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Is anyone else just seriously stunned by how much Vanderjagt has dropped in the past 2-3 years? I mean, seriously...when he had his perfect season, people were talking Hall of Fame.

...and now, he just got cut. How often does that happen to the most accurate field goal kicker in NFL history? It's just a strange turn of events.

This kind of thing does not happen alot, but I am suprised it does not happen more often. It makes some intuitive sense. Kicking field goals, I would think, would be like golfing or being a closer in that the pressure can get to you and that confidence is the key. There were a couple of golfer who "forgot how to golf" (Ian somebody was one) and just stunk. You would think more kickers who miss a couple of critical kicks would just lose all confidence. If it can happen to Chuck Knoblauch, why not a kicker?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This kind of thing does not happen alot, but I am suprised it does not happen more often. It makes some intuitive sense. Kicking field goals, I would think, would be like golfing or being a closer in that the pressure can get to you and that confidence is the key. There were a couple of golfer who "forgot how to golf" (Ian somebody was one) and just stunk. You would think more kickers who miss a couple of critical kicks would just lose all confidence. If it can happen to Chuck Knoblauch, why not a kicker?

We saw the same thing happen to Derrick Turnbow in Milwaukee this past season, he was lights out in 2005, and around the All-Star Break, he forgot how to pitch. Sad to see this happen, even to an idiot kicker.

QPR%20Sig.png

yes he was very accurate. Anyone can kick the ball between the uprights but can you hit the right upright or come with inches with constancy....amazing

Archived