Myrtle Beach Pelicans Unveil New Look (merged)

Brian in Boston

It's a significant upgrade from the old identity package. Aside from the "MB" away cap logo and the pinlines within the wordmarks, I don't have a problem with it at all.

At first I thought that the primary mark might be just a bit busy. However, as impulsive106 pointed out, the designers really captured the feel of a retro tourism brochure... which fits the market perfectly. The pelican is a thing of absolute beauty.

Bottom line? I'd go so far as to say that it is some of my favorite work that Plan B has ever done.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before any critiquing, I just realized...its a pelican. Theres really nothing special to work with there to make an intimidating logo.

Montgomery Biscuits anyone? haha.

With that being said, i think they did an admirable job. Not a huge fan of the new colors tho.

You still cant beat the unis the Pelicans wore a few years ago with the Mets style stripes running down the shoulders and pants. Those were beautiful.

You can (almost) see it here.

848.jpeg.300.jpeg

67_1_b.jpg

c3_1.jpg

That's like the Cardinals' "Stan Musial Era" piping, not the Mets' "Racing Stripes" that actually a bunch of teams wore in the 70's and 80's.

given the other work that i've seen from plan b, this is a disappointment...the pelican looks too much like an illustration, not enough like a "logo"

the all you can eat seafood restaraunt comparison was the first thing i thought of, too

better than the old, but could have been MUCH better, in my opinion

jldesigns404eo.png

• 2 months later...

the old one was alot better in my opinion.

and yes this has been brought up before.(dont jump on the guy people. sometime the search option doesnt help much)

New Authentic caps

1424.jpeg.300.jpeg

alternate hat(should be the primary hat)

1425.jpeg.300.jpeg

BP cap

1437.jpeg.300.jpeg

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Significant upgrade, and the basic design work is fantastic.

Love the wordmarks in particular -- they look like retro throwbacks to something like the 1950s, but they're actually very modern and better than actual 1950s scripts in the same vein.

My only complaint is that, as usual, they put the wrong cap on each uniform. If your shirt says "Pelicans", that's the time to wear the MB cap. If your shirt says "Myrtle Beach", that's the time to wear the pelican cap. But at least they do their civic duty by providing local fans with an MB cap at all, instead of just wearing mascot caps all the time like way too many MiLB teams.

20082614447.png

Archived