NY Giants Concept

eRay

It is wide spread knowledge that the Giants uniforms dont really match eachother(as in home/away/alt.) I personally dont think this is too bad, but I know a lot of people that do. I set out to fix this problem while working on the overall look of the team. I went somewhere most people wouldnt ever go with a Giants concept: a gray helmet. True, this is famously the color of their division rival(sort of) the Dallas Cowboys, but I dont think its much of a problem, if it is just let me know of course. My thinking behind the helmet color was; they use gray pants, and with some jerseys, white and red, the blue helmet kind of looks out of place. If their helmet is gray and their pants are gray, neither will ever look out of place. With the jersey I added 3 stripes, as many do with Giants concepts, and kept the stripes the same from home to away, as well as from helmet to jersey to pants. I stayed with one set of pants, instead of the 2 they use now, for simplicity's sake. Anything I missed, you will probably pick it up. One question: Should the alternate be red, gray, or non-existant? C&C.

Picture1-1.png

P.S. I know the model doesn't look like Kiwanuka, but just pretend, because this isn't a Kiwanuka skin color concept, it is a jersey concept.

I don't like the silver helmet and I never have been fond of the logo being used now. Keep the helmet blue, or make it white. Also try to create a new logo. The unis look fine though.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Could work, as long as the helmet is gray, not metallic silver. I also am not a fan of the "ny", maybe something with capital(ol?) letters would work better (think 70s disco-era NY.)

Also, the jerseys are an improvement, but need gray. Maybe gray numbers on the home (with either red trim or red/white trim) and gray trim (or gray/blue trim) on the road. Honestly, it would look better with blue numbers and gray/red trim on the road.

Also, make the sleeve striping consistent - red-gray-blue-gray-red. That would tie the helmet, jerseys, and pants together.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Only thing I'd do is use the Blue helmet with gray facemask (either logo on the helmet would work) and IMO, blue numbers would look better on the road uni. Great job..

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I don't like the silver helmet and I never have been fond of the logo being used now. Keep the helmet blue, or make it white. Also try to create a new logo. The unis look fine though.

I agree on the no silver. Stay with blue or if you want a change then go white. I like the logo, but a new one could be okay.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I agree with budbowl in that this is a good start. I think the jerseys are a big improvement and that there is no need for an alternate jersey with the classiness of these two. I do, to echo so many others, that the gray helmet doesn't work with the G-Men, and I think you should change it to blue.

Overall a solid job, and without the gray helmet, even better. A-

Honestly I don't like them and I see a lot that could change for the better.

-If you must use the "ny" then make the helmets blue or white*.

-White pants (with blue socks) at home, blue pants (with white socks) on the road.

-Numbers on the sleeves

-Change the numbers on the road jersey to blue.

-Outline both the home and road jerseys' numbers with red.

*But I would ditch the idea completely and go for a white helmet with the GIANTS wording.

nyg1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifyankees4-sm.gifknicks-sm.gif

mysigdj9.png

I like these a lot. I dont think the Giants should ever change the color of their helmets, but that doesn't matter when it comes to concepts. I agree that the helmets should be a flat grey. It would be the only one of its kind. One change I'd make to the helmet logo, though. Slightly seperate the red outline from the blue, matching the helmet stripes and I think it will all come together. Great vision!

Thanks for all the input, due to your comments, I have an update ready.

Changes:

-Back to the blue helmet, at least tried.

-Blue numbers on the white jersey.

-Made the striping consistent on helmet, jerseys, and pants by going Red,Gray,Blue,Gray,Red. (thanks to BringBackTheVet). I think this made up for losing the gray helmet, because it keeps the gray incorporated, and makes all elements more cohesive.

-Added numbers to the shoulders.

I didn't want to go to white and blue pants, because I love the gray on both home and away for the Giants.

I didn't want a new logo, because honestly I like the 'ny'.

I like how the Giants don't outline their numbers, and I think keeping that element is key in making a good Giants concept. Most other teams have outlines, and this sets them apart and keeps them looking traditional.

Thats enough talk, here it is, more C&C welcome.

Giants2.png

Honestly, I like these better than what they currently have. The grey pants the Giants use is something of a trademark and a grey helmet to match would make it better. I don't think there should be much of a worry about looking like the Cowboys, the Giants' grey is dark enough.

As for the alternate gotta go with the read. Partly because that's what they already have. Mostly becuase a grey monochrome wouldn't be happenin'.

Great work.

Edit: The above was for the first submission.

A definite improvement with the consistent striping on the pants, sleeves, and helmet, while maintaining their overall look. If you're still tackling the alternate question, red is still the way to go.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

thanks guys, epiphanic, i dont really feel like a red alt is a good idea. first off, it would look wierd with the current striping pattern, secondly, the giants are known as big blue, as some have pointed out, so maybe we should keep them in blue, or white(with lots of blue). i think if i were to make an alt it would be gray, and like you said, that wont be happening. I will try it out on my compouter, but only post it if it looks good. thanks for the comments, any more?

Thanks for all the input, due to your comments, I have an update ready.

Changes:

-Back to the blue helmet, at least tried.

-Blue numbers on the white jersey.

-Made the striping consistent on helmet, jerseys, and pants by going Red,Gray,Blue,Gray,Red. (thanks to BringBackTheVet). I think this made up for losing the gray helmet, because it keeps the gray incorporated, and makes all elements more cohesive.

-Added numbers to the shoulders.

I didn't want to go to white and blue pants, because I love the gray on both home and away for the Giants.

I didn't want a new logo, because honestly I like the 'ny'.

I like how the Giants don't outline their numbers, and I think keeping that element is key in making a good Giants concept. Most other teams have outlines, and this sets them apart and keeps them looking traditional.

Thats enough talk, here it is, more C&C welcome.

Giants2.png

Nice -- this concept looks better with the blue helmet than it does with a silver helmet!

Personally, I'd add a red outline to the numbers on both the home and away jerseys, but it's still nice.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Striping does look better with the gray. I liked the gray helmet, but the blue is nice too.

Given what you said you won't bend on (the numbers, etc.) the only change I can think to make would be to make the NY on the helmet gray. It would match the logo to the stripes, and be consistant with the rest of the uni (white only on the home jersey numbers and away jersey.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived