Purple Rain in Miami?

Saint Zephyr III

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think another voice of reason is needed here. Prince = Greatness. He's the heir to James Brown and if the great Miles Davis liked him (and Davis RAVED about Prince), that's beyond good enough for me.

Haters on Prince are haters on good taste.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

"game...blouses"

_Dave_Chappelle_As_Prince.jpg

okay, so I *might* watch halftime. wonder who they're going to bring on stage to join him?

Would you like some pancakes?

Why don't you purify yourself in the waters of lake minitonka....lol Dave Chapelle is Hilarious!!!

Who cares...Prince sucked 10 years ago, 5 years ago, and now.

You're dumb. Retire from listening to music.

No, you're dumb! [/juvenile retort]

I don't give a rat's ass about some dude in purple. I don't give a damn if someone (everyone) likes him..Everyone liked Britney Spears and NSYNC too if I remember correctly.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I think there's a big difference between Britney Spears and Prince. That's like comparing apples to asparagus, or comparing a cute but trashy pop singer to a musical genius.

The only "Purple Rain" in Miami that I'm concerned about is the Ravens defense raining blows upon the hapless NFC representative.

That being said, I'd love to see him do "Darling Nicky (sp?)", but I think the network and the NFL might frown upon that.

Finally, comparing Prince to Britney Spears and N'Sync is like comparing Sir Laurence Olivier to Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Yeah, no big deal, I mean that was only the song that turned Tipper Gore into a raving lunatic, thus creating the PMRC.

Pretty good Zappa album came out of the PMRC deal, though.

Once again, I'm somewhat baffled. I'm not complaining per se, but I still don't get where the NFL or whoever comes up with this stuff. Prince just isn't 'football' enough for the Superbowl. I mean, it's football, the manliest of the manly, and they get Prince. Previously, we got U2 and friggin Green Day. Nothing says hard-nosed football like U2(last I checked, Ireland plays a different type of football) and a group of guys in makeup and girl pants. Formerly, we've had Aerosmith, N*Sync, Britney Spears, Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake, and the Rolling Stones at halftime. None of them, maybe except the Stones, really fit the bill for football in my book.

That said, I'm pleased to hear that it's Prince, probably the greatest musician alive(regardless if you like his muis, he plays 12 instruments..that's why i consider him at the top). Perhaps he'll play "Let's Go Crazy"

Once again, I'm somewhat baffled. I'm not complaining per se, but I still don't get where the NFL or whoever comes up with this stuff. Prince just isn't 'football' enough for the Superbowl. I mean, it's football, the manliest of the manly, and they get Prince. Previously, we got U2 and friggin Green Day. Nothing says hard-nosed football like U2(last I checked, Ireland plays a different type of football) and a group of guys in makeup and girl pants. Formerly, we've had Aerosmith, N*Sync, Britney Spears, Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake, and the Rolling Stones at halftime. None of them, maybe except the Stones, really fit the bill for football in my book.

That said, I'm pleased to hear that it's Prince, probably the greatest musician alive(regardless if you like his muis, he plays 12 instruments..that's why i consider him at the top). Perhaps he'll play "Let's Go Crazy"

Halftime isn't for the football fans, it is for the masses who are watching for the spectacle. Therefore, it doesn't matter if the acts are "football" enough. The only thing that matters is whether they can hold the casual viewers.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I object to Green Day, big time, but there's nothing wrong with U2. I mean, how do you not love U2? Besides, that was a big deal, a huge Monday night game for a huge occasion. Nothing wrong with a mass-appeal band. My gripe was that Green Day was there and that their setlist didn't focus on Rattle and Hum songs that were born from their love for that region of America: "When Love Comes To Town" and "Desire" would've been perfect for the evening, as well as "Beautiful Day" to stay fairly current for the Big Feel-Good Moment At The End.

Nothing says hard-nosed football like U2(last I checked, Ireland plays a different type of football) and a group of guys in makeup and girl pants....Formerly, we've had Aerosmith, N*Sync, Britney Spears, Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake, and the Rolling Stones at halftime. None of them, maybe except the Stones, really fit the bill for football in my book.

Last I checked, England also plays a different kind of football.

nyg1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifyankees4-sm.gifknicks-sm.gif

mysigdj9.png

IMO, the U2 halftime show from Super Bowl XXXVI was the best half-time show ever. Still gives me chills everytime I watch it or listen to it. I was never so mesmerized by a live television event in my life (before the Ducks 2003 Playoff run).

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived