Tampa Bay Lightning Concept

speedy

So i was just experimenting with different striping patterns last night while trying to re-do the Lightning, and while i came up with this i though it to be too "out there" for an everyday jersey, so it's just an alternate jersey for now. not sure how the sleeve stripes will look in real action, but i figured i'd give it a shot.

tb.png

C&C please

I don't know that it works as a third jersey, because it is too similiar to their away jerseys, but I like it as a primary. I don't like the slant on the numbers and faceplate, but other than that it's a pretty unique and badass sweater. Glad you took the crappy wordmarks off of the crest.

I think it's pretty sharp, with the team's nickname what it is, they are one team that can utilize stripes that aren't hard/straight. The bottom on the uniform with the dual colour overlap gives the impression of a stormy sea. I love the balance between the black, blue and grey, no one colour dominates the design, they work together much more effectively than many designs I've seen like this

Very nice. I love the blue version, it reminds me of their '96-'99 alternate jerseys, aka the greatest Tampa Bay Lightning jerseys ever.

The logo seems unbalanced though, you may want to try it with the Florida/lightning bolt logo.

I think these are really cool. As zer0dotcom noted, the bottom of the uniform gives the impression of the stormy sea. The blue would look great as an alternate, and if you clean up some of your stripes, this set would look even better.

I could definitely see, and enjoy, the Lightning wearing these jerseys. A-

YES YES YES!!! FINALLY someone with something we can work with..........

I LOVE the blue and the fact that you used the correct logo for the primary. Also love the font choice.

dont like the black logo on the black alt and i like the "idea" of the striping, i think the execution of it was a bit over the top. thank you for keeping the bolt on the pants, but it's very gawdy at that size...maybe bring it down a notch or 2?

SigReflect.png

Kudos on using the bolt without the crappy wordmark.

The one thing that bugs me about this set is the striping on the pants. The shadowed stripe look doesn't appear anywhere esle but the logo itself.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I like the blue and black "wave" stripes, but the silver is just too much a copy of the Sharks template and that just totally sets me off since it's been copied and recolored on this board 1000 times over. It also seems to really crowd the logo on the front. Perhaps if it started at the collar, moved down to the armpits and then curved upwards and tapered out there instead of continuing down the sides of the jersey.

Yours is the best use of it though, how it works with the other two colored areas and flows together. I just have personal issues with the extreme overuse of that element to overcome.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

*clap**clap**clap*

The blue alt should be the home jersey.

It may just me looking too far into things but, the gray stripes that come down the sides kinda look like bridge pylons with some stormy water crashing underneath. Witch is freaking awesome! For those who don't know Tampa and St. Pete are connected by four major bridges, and a nod or even an unintentional nod to those is really cool.

MonitorLightningCCSLC.pngMonitorUSFCCSLC.pngMonitorBuccaneersCCSLC.pngMonitorRaysCCSLC.pngMonitorCarlEdwardsCCSLC.png

Two muffins are in an oven when one says to the other, "Man, it's hot in here." The other says, "Holy crap, a talking muffin!!"

• 2 weeks later...

Actually they are very good - I like them alot! Great job!

KCScout76

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived