Penguins Get Arena Deal Done

Ez Street

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh for chrissakes, they should have just let Balsillie move the damn team to Ontario.

That guy who resigned on his own company? LOL.. don't need another hockey team in Canada.

especially one 20 miles from toronto and buffalo. that's 5065736 km for you Canadians.

Oh for chrissakes, they should have just let Balsillie move the damn team to Ontario.

That guy who resigned on his own company? LOL.. don't need another hockey team in Canada.

Wasn't there a report recently that 2/3rds of NHL revenue is generated by the Canadian teams? I think that might make the idea of another team in Canada more appealing.

As a Vancouver fan, if the Pens move, I'd love to see them come to Seattle, since that would give us a nice local, nearby rivalry.

Heres a little something someone wrote at the pens board

He wore his black and gold with pride;

He cheered, he jeered, but today he died;

This heart that is broken will surely never mend;

The NHL to any fan of Pittsburgh, lays forever dead.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Wasn't there a report recently that 2/3rds of NHL revenue is generated by the Canadian teams? I think that might make the idea of another team in Canada more appealing.

As a Vancouver fan, if the Pens move, I'd love to see them come to Seattle, since that would give us a nice local, nearby rivalry.

That would be predicated upon the Sonics getting their new arena and said arena being hockey-compatible.

Although Original6's post may be the first time I've ever seen a Canadian poster reject the concept of additional Canadian teams in the NHL.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That would be predicated upon the Sonics getting their new arena and said arena being hockey-compatible.

Although Original6's post may be the first time I've ever seen a Canadian poster reject the concept of additional Canadian teams in the NHL.

Original6 isn't exactly the zestiest dorito in the bag, if you know what i mean

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

There's no corporate support in Winnipeg. Hell, there's barely any corporate support in Vancouver, there's no way Winnipeg will be able to foot the bill.

Boxes for minor-league hockey and the odd concert in MTS Centre run $40k a year. Double that (assumption) for the NHL, and you've got a lot of the existing sponsors pulling out.

*By corporate support, I mean not only local business, but the fact that most head offices in Canada are in Toronto; once they're done shooting their load with the Leafs, how much cash is left to trickle down to smaller centres like Ottawa or Winnipeg? Not a lot. If Vancouver has trouble getting the eastern-based corporations to pony up for the Canucks, it'll be damn near impossible for a 700,000-person frozen town to get any.

For those Winnipeggers eager to tell me about CanWest Global and GreatWest Life, don't bother. I know they're there, and I know they do what they can. That's two corporations in Winnipeg. What about the rest?

I know, I know. I'm a former Winnipegger, and I'd like to see it happen, I just don't think it will. Not when the league tells the media that the cap could rise by as much as $6-7M next season.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So I wonder what'll become of that mansion Marc-Andre Fleury just bought in Pittsburgh if the implied does occur...

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

He will sell it and buy one in Kansas City, and besides they have allot of crazy women there and I'm sure he will get himself one.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

So I wonder what'll become of that mansion Marc-Andre Fleury just bought in Pittsburgh if the implied does occur...

He will sell it and buy one in Kansas City, and besides they have allot of crazy women there and I'm sure he will get himself one.

I never, ever thought I'd live to see the day a Wilbert Harrison reference was injected into the CCSLC. And if it were done, I'dve expected it from Yale or EZ.

Nicely played, Tank. Nicely played.

nav-logo.png

I never, ever thought I'd live to see the day a Wilbert Harrison reference was injected into the CCSLC. And if it were done, I'dve expected it from Yale or EZ.

Nicely played, Tank. Nicely played.

Sorry, I was busy. I was standing on the corner, of 12th Street and Vine.

Now, may I scream like James Brown?

LOL @ zestiest dorito reference...

And i'd rather see one more Canadian team than another in American's vast wasteland of tenuous fan support.

And i'd rather see one more Canadian team than another in American's vast wasteland of tenuous fan support.

show some curtosey, idiot.

Come on Pittsburgh Penguins. We're all pullin' for you. Except EZ Street.

show some curtosey, idiot.

Come on Pittsburgh Penguins. We're all pullin' for you. Except EZ Street.

And me. F Pittsburgh. I heard it's totally gay.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If this does happen the NHL's biggest future star (Crosby) could be playing in Kansas City. Way to go Bettman. The NHL just keeps getting worse.

There is really nothing Bettman can do since the Pens lease is up in June, if he try's to block it the Penguins and the KC Arena people will sue and most likely win.

If this does happen the NHL's biggest future star (Crosby) could be playing in Kansas City. Way to go Bettman. The NHL just keeps getting worse.

I don't see a problem with that. For one thing Pittsburgh's not exactly a huge market like New York or LA to begin with. Also, I don't think Gretzky playing in Edmonton hurt the league in any way.

There is really nothing Bettman can do since the Pens lease is up in June, if he try's to block it the Penguins and the KC Arena people will sue and most likely win.

Legally the NHL can block any franchise from moving. It would be useless though if Bettman tried to block the Penguins' move now. They can't stay in the Igloo and they can't get a deal done with the state. If Bettman still tries to block the move he'll fail, but it won't be because the people of KC sue.

Why? Is he too good for the heathen barbarians of the midwest to watch play on a regular basis? Will the Kansas City fans not appreciate him or something? Is the Western Conference not worthy of his presence?

(Although if you don't like the current schedule format, this is going to be the best way to change it).

EDIT-I should add that the Central Division is not scheduled to play the Atlantic Division at all under the current format next season. So yeah, in the event of a move, Crosby will not be seen in the New York market unless the Devils, Isles, or Rangers meet them in the finals.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived