Joe namath interview

CrookedThumb

It's been already well documented that most of the Jets alumni that were there for the greatest jets of the last 40 years celebration, were might drunk.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

That was freaking hysterical.  I was wathcing and thinking to myself 'Oh my God!  Is this really happening???'  Great moment.  Some idiots though are talking about punishing the Jets.  Why?  Who cares?  He was wasted and had a funny moment on tv, and besides it didn't seem like Susie Kolber was all that upset about it anyway.

Geez, who wouldn't want to kiss Suzy Kolber?

That was exactly my thought. This is a guy who has spent more than his share of time with playmates, and he's making a pass at Suzy Kolber?  IMO, good journalist, fine reporter, just not what I would consider "eye candy". Or maybe he was just so drunk that he thought it WAS Monday Night Football, and she was Lisa Guerrero. But you'd have to be really drunk, like too drunk to fish, to confuse those two.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

The showed part of teh video on PTI Monday it was just as funny Namath was checking out Kolbers ass, and had that Im drunk and loving it smile.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Not that I am saying they should make a big deal about it, but I havent heard too much about this incident at all. If this guy wasent a NEW YORK jet, he's getting ripped lift and right. Kind of like how they defend Shockey every time he says things the NFL FINES Matt Millen for.

He shuld not be ripped he was drunk so he is being laughed at, he has no improtant official job with the Jets so it dont matter what he did, and he later appologised any way.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

What I find so puzzling about this whole situation is why this interview took place at all.  Did Suzy just walk up to Namath and start the interview or was he approached first by a production assistant and asked whether they could interview him?  From the degree of intoxication that he displayed, one whiff of his breath would have betrayed his state -- either that or five seconds of listening to him talk.  I think this is just bad production work - there should have been a way to diplomatically abort the interview before it even began, unless of course the whole purpose of it was to derive some sort of entertainment from a drunken 60 year old former playboy qb (I was a huge Namath fan as a kid so this isn't a shot, just a sad but accurate representation of what I saw) and not realizing the potential bind it would put their reporter in.

Archived