Super Bowl 50th Anniversary game

TBGKon

Just on a whim, I got the idea to consider where Super Bowl 50th Anniversary game will be played in 2016. Many options are out there, here are my speculative options:

1. Los Angeles/Southern California - a return to the site of the original Super Bowl. Only drawback right now is that there isn't a current Super Bowl caliber stadium there

2. Dallas/Arlington - Why not have the Super Bowl in Jerry Jones' shrine to football, it may even be Dallas' first Super Bowl

I know this is an odd thread right now, but I was brainstorming while at work all day today.

Super Bowl XL has to be in Southern California they need a stadium and in 9 years should have one unless they are incompetent

NJ Tank, remember the 50th Super Bowl will be "Super Bowl L". L is the roman numerial for 50. I do not even understand your response. Talk about "run on sentence", please wait another 60 secones before you hit reply.

A 50th Annversary is the Golden Anniversary, so why not just a styalized gold "L"? The did that at the 50 for Super Bowl XXV. they did it for others, but I think it did not look as good or proper.

As for areas, that do not mean anything. It could be in San Diego as it appears as if the City of Oceanside has given the Charges as stadium offer as early as this past Friday. I heard it as I was driving from the Central Valley to the coast. Oceanside residents still have to vote on it though.

Super Bowl XLV (45, I think) is scheduled to be in Arlington or even 46 if the facility is not completed. I am not sure that it wil be back that soon.

[silly-mode]

It should be at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, because (1) Lambeau starts with an L, and (2) it could be an homage to Vince Lombardi (hey, there's another L) and his famous quote, "What the 'L' is going on out here?"

[/silly-mode]

CCSLC signature.png

I had always thought that they should hold it at the LA Coliseum even if there is a team there or not because that's where the first one was held and it's where it should be held regardless. And i agree with dfwabel that it should be a stylized golden L. that would look pretty good if done right

Why doesn't the Titans try to host one?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Open air stadium and slightly in the cold weather zone, I'd assume. I've always wondered why St. Louis hasn't applied for a Super Bowl.

I think the Edward Jones Dome is too small (not enough seating). That or St. Louis doesn't have enough hotel space.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think the Edward Jones Dome is too small (not enough seating). That or St. Louis doesn't have enough hotel space.

According to Wikipedia, these are the stipulations for a Super Bowl applicant city:

* Average high temperature of at least 50 degrees Fahrenheit in February, unless the game is being played in an indoor arena

* Stadium with 65,000 seats or more

* Space for 10 photo trailers and 40 television trucks

* 600,000 square feet of exhibit space for fan events

* Large, high-end hotel for teams and NFL

* 50,000 square feet of space for news media ("Radio Row")

* Enough "quality" hotel rooms within a one-hour drive for 35% of the stadium's capacity

* Separate practice facilities for each team.

Based on these factors, Edward Jones Dome has the capacity (66,000). As for hotels, the would need hotels for 23,100 fans within an hour of town. I would assume they fit this category, but I don't know. The also most likely have exhibit space next door in the America's Center

According to Wikipedia, these are the stipulations for a Super Bowl applicant city:

* Average high temperature of at least 50 degrees Fahrenheit in February, unless the game is being played in an indoor arena

* Stadium with 65,000 seats or more

* Space for 10 photo trailers and 40 television trucks

* 600,000 square feet of exhibit space for fan events

* Large, high-end hotel for teams and NFL

* 50,000 square feet of space for news media ("Radio Row")

* Enough "quality" hotel rooms within a one-hour drive for 35% of the stadium's capacity

* Separate practice facilities for each team.

Based on these factors, Edward Jones Dome has the capacity (66,000). As for hotels, the would need hotels for 23,100 fans within an hour of town. I would assume they fit this category, but I don't know. The also most likely have exhibit space next door in the America's Center

That's also one reason why the Vikings want a retractable roof on their new stadium, so Minnesota can host another Super Bowl. Maybe they'll end up being the lucky host of "L". (Let's just hope it turns out to be a bit more entertaining than the one at the Metrodome.)

CCSLC signature.png

If Jacksonville can host it...

But the NFL decided that was a horrible mistake retroactively.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived