NFL Championship Round Preview

NJTank

"This week the luck ends for the Patriots as they are exposed as the frauds they are as Peyton Manning has a huge game and..."

Tank, I hate the Patriots too, but 3 Super Bowl's isn't luck.

I disagree on the AFC and I wish you were wrong on the NFC.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

"This week the luck ends for the Patriots as they are exposed as the frauds they are as Peyton Manning has a huge game and..."

I think hes calling there win over San Diego luck not their past 3 Super Bowl wins.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I hope, hope, hope you are right on the colts.

But you are not.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think hes calling there win over San Diego luck not their past 3 Super Bowl wins.

In another post (which got graveyarded), he talked about how ever since the "Tuck Rule" fiasco, the Patriots have been winning on luck. I assumed he was talking in the same vein as before.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

the Saints' run ends in the snow. Memo to Reggie Bush: no pushing in the backfield. Any attempt to push your QB into the endzone WILL be televised just like your first one. And you WILL be caught this time.

Man...the prospect of seeing Thomas Jones destroy the Saints defense is way too good not to think about.

Bear Down.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Not sure if it changes my opinions I think if Tommie Harris played Id pick the Bears, but the defense is banged up and Rex Grossman is terrible.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Rex Grossman is terrible

False. Someone's watching too much ESPN. Rex had one of the better performances at quarterback last weekend, if not the best.

Dome teams don't win outdoors in late January. Let's hope the trend keeps up. Bear Down, indeed.

First of all, didn't they call for a "blizzard" last Sunday at Chicago? How did that pan out? I am 100% certain that their 70% chance of snow is probably about 10% right.

Secondly, as much as I WANT the Colts/Saints to advance, if I had money to put where my keyboard is, I would take Bears/Patriots.

History shows that only 1 home team wins in this round generally, and the Saints lack of experience in post-season, coupled with being a dome team playing in cold weather, will hurt them, thus the Bears at home win.

Therefore, by default, the Colts must lose since they are the other home team, plus the Patriots are still in Manning's head, and I believe that will show up tomorrow, actually today, now that it's after midnight.

If we get Saints/Colts, it would be I believe the first time that TWO domed teams faced off in the Super Bowl. And I dare say it would have to be renamed the PEYTON Bowl (Sean Peyton vs Peyton Manning). I'm half asleep and cranky as you can probably tell, so I'm not 100% sure if Sean Peyton's name is spelled right or not, but just thought it was an interesting twist.

Going back to sleep now....

Bill

As per weather.com right now

Forecast for...well today...

Snow, High 31

90% chance precipitation

Should snow on and off all day.

Expect 1-2 inches.

Have fun Sainties.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm calling "Shananagins" on Tank's AFC prediction.

It's not that he picked the Colts over the Pats but rather because of how he did. At this point I have no doubt he'd pick anyone over the Pats. He is already well known in these parts for his rather unhealthy hatred for the team and notably Tom Brady. Even in this latest effort his bias shines through like a supernova. It brings into question the validity of any argument he might try to make. This would be like a weather man saying it's going to be sunny day despite the reports possible thunderstorms coming simply because he hates rain. Not exactly a scientific argument.

You want the Colts to win? Fine, perhaps they will. But wanting a team to win has little to do with whether or not they actually will. And belittling an opponents' past accomplishments because you have a personal grudge against them isn't a valid argument for why they should lose, either. Is he really a neutral party just trying to make an educated guess OR someone who already wants to see a certain result and does his best to twist the argument to fit his predetermined conclusion?

Come to think of it, the NFC prediction isn't exactly taint-free either. <_<

Don't feel too bad about it though- I have no doubt many "professionals" are guilty of making predictions with the same type of bias at times.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Archived