Conference Championship Apparel

Audiodrama

I'm not a hat guy at all, but if the Bills were in it this year, I would probably buy it. It's a pretty nice hat...if only my team were on it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Hi I'm Troy McLure, you may remember this rant from such threads as the one that shows the Saints' gear...

I still hate how it says "AFC Conference Champions".

THATS REDUNDANT...JEEZ

Between that and last year being the "40th Anniversary" when really it is this year, the NFL marketing has really started to piss me off...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Found this stuff on Eastbay.com...they have it for all four remaining teams, but I'll showcase New England's ;)

Hat:

05882191_z.jpg

T-Shirt:

15882192_z.jpg

That'll look quite nice on some kid in Somalia. :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Found this stuff on Eastbay.com...they have it for all four remaining teams, but I'll showcase New England's ;)

Hat:

05882191_z.jpg

T-Shirt:

15882192_z.jpg

That'll look quite nice on some kid in Somalia. :P

I'll have to disagree. I think that and the Bears' gear will look good on some kid in Somalia.

I'm picking Colts-Saints in the Super Bowl.

Why would anyone but these shirts or tees? If you win the Super Bowl, then you buy THAT tee! If you lose, where would you wear this Conference Champions gear? To the supermarket, dollar store (most likely to be seen here), gym, or Wal Mart/Target? Sporting News Radio's Todd Wright is correct about these. It is NFL marketing praying on the naive. There is a sucker born every minute, but modern technology has compresses it to every 48 seconds.

An aside: Tank, who decides(ed) when "The Sports Calendar" runs? Just curious? What starts in February and ends in January? Shouldn it begin and be named within the year when the season starts (skiing, NFL, national soccer titles, NCAA hoops)? January seems arbitrary especially since the Super Bowl will now be played February because of sweeps and they now start the Sunday following Labor Day.

Why would anyone but these shirts or tees? If you win the Super Bowl, then you buy THAT tee! If you lose, where would you wear this Conference Champions gear? To the supermarket, dollar store (most likely to be seen here), gym, or Wal Mart/Target? Sporting News Radio's Todd Wright is correct about these. It is NFL marketing praying on the naive. There is a sucker born every minute, but modern technology has compresses it to every 48 seconds.

An aside: Tank, who decides(ed) when "The Sports Calendar" runs? Just curious? What starts in February and ends in January? Shouldn it begin and be named within the year when the season starts (skiing, NFL, national soccer titles, NCAA hoops)? January seems arbitrary especially since the Super Bowl will now be played February because of sweeps and they now start the Sunday following Labor Day.

I, for one, buy stuff like that. Usually I make the call at the end of the season. If nothing else it provides good memorabilia.

Maybe I'll put it another way. There is only one fanbase that can rag on you, because your team is better than every other one except that one. ^_^

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's 2006 Champions because it was the 2006 season. The 2007 season starts in September of 2007...so the 2007 champion is crowned in the 2008 Super Bowl...just like the 2006 season champion will be crowned in 2007.

And yeah, I've always been under the assumption that the Super Bowl ends the "Sports Calendar" myself...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• LMU locked this topic

Archived