The official "what you got for christmas" thread

sc49erfan15

- electric razor kit. very nice. My mom got it b/c she hates the beard I've got going.

i know too well about moms against growing beards :D mine also hates my afro

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

- electric razor kit.  very nice.  My mom got it b/c she hates the beard I've got going.

I got the hint with a couple of packages of razors in my stocking... she's happy cause i shaved the "afro"-eque hair I had two days ago.

I received:

- Let It Be... Naked, Beatles album

- George Harrison biography

- Peter Gabriel, 2003 Tour DVD

- $50 Gift Certificate for Best Buy

- $70 cash

- 3 shirts, 2 pants, belt, and socks

- stopwatch

- 1998 Starting lineup hockey action figures (Roy, and LeClair with '93 Cup)

- 1992 World Series Troll Doll

- Piano Songbook for National Anthems (i'm learning)

- A new phone, with call display

- Adidas Cologne

From the lady I got...

- baseball player bobblehead with "#1 Blue Jays Fan" engraved on it

- a small ceramic maple leafs teddy bear

- framed artwork of two little kids lacing up skates

- pajamas

- a "casual" suitcase

I'm happy with what I received :)

Happy Holidays to all.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

New Office Chair for my computer desk

Reebok gray-sport top

Red polo shirt

Maroon polo shirt

$10.00  cash

The Life in Pictures of JFK

D-Day 6th of June-By Stephen E. Ambrose

Sound track CD- "Band of Brothers"

Candy - Candy - peanuts

A big  X-mas kiss from my wife - woo woo! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Wow... some cool stuff, although a certain present of mine rivals anything I've seen here...

I got...

*Clinton Portis home jersey (I hafta go exchange it for a smaller one... 2XL is a little large on my 5'7" frame)

*Wireless 5-button Optical Wheelmouse

*Flash MX 2004 Educ. Version

*NBA Live 2004 (PC obviously)

*Thousand Foot Krutch's latest disc Phenomenon

*12 Stones' self-titled CD, which is not available in Canada.

*A 2 night trip to Toronto with my dad for Reading Week with two Platinum zone tickets to a Raptors-Spurs game (my first NBA game ever). For my dad, it pays to have loads of Aeroplan miles, and to have corporate connections in Toronto with season tickets. :P woohoo!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Here are some additions to my previous post:

Soul Calibur II for Gamecube

Big Mutha Truckers for PS2

The Osbournes 2nd season on DVD

South Park 2nd season on DVD

Jon Gruden's book

Matrix Reloaded DVD, but I already had so my mom took me to Blockbuster to exchange it for another DVD. I got "A Mighty Wind"

Ok, now to try for a third time.  First I manage to lose the post while trying to post in lynx. Then detroithockey goes unreachable for a few minutes--at least I copied/pasted the post before trying to post it the second time.

I didn't do much for the holiday; would have gone home to see my family in St. Louis, but I couldn't get today off.  Working today sucks, meh.

Anyway, only presents I got were from my boss.  He gave us the choice a few different gifts; I went for a DVD burner, though he still needs to actually buy the hardware.  He also gave us some cool thinkgeek.com stuff.  So, I now also have a t-shirt which says:

There are 10 types of people in the world--those who understand binary, and those who don't.

And also a bumper sticker, which now adorns my cube:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1.

The three of us that worked here chipped in to buy him a 2004 NHL Western Conference All-Star jersey.  I was the one who went to get it, and don't believe for a second I wasn't tempted to buy myself one, or one of the many other jerseys hanging in the stores I went to.  We also got a couple of bottles of wine for his partner.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

*A 2 night trip to Toronto with my dad for Reading Week with two Platinum zone tickets to a Raptors-Spurs game (my first NBA game ever). For my dad, it pays to have loads of Aeroplan miles, and to have corporate connections in Toronto with season tickets. :P woohoo!

Platinum seats for a Raptors game? Damn! The ACC is nice place! Hey, the game's on Feb 18! That's one day after my birthday :D

Hope you're staying in a nice place! Ever been to TO?

I saw, I came, I left.

Platinum seats for a Raptors game? Damn! The ACC is nice place! Hey, the game's on Feb 18! That's one day after my birthday :D

Hope you're staying in a nice place! Ever been to TO?

I have, a couple of times. I've seen the Blue Jays play twice (cool stories in themselves... the first game I saw Roger Clemens pitch a sterling 1 run game and saw Jose Canseco hit a homer, the second game I saw Carlos Delgado smack a majestic shot of Windows Restaurant), but I've never seen an NBA game.

My dad goes there all the time on business, so he knows his way around the travel end of things, so I'm not worried.

Happy Boxing Day! Enjoy the sale-hunting!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

For this holiday season i recieved

-Naked Gun Trilogy

-MST3000 Beginning of the End

-a few girt certificates to various stores

-money!!

-a few shirts i picked out

-2 pairs of jeans

-Grand Theft Auto Vice City for PS2

-a new stereo with speakers

-a new blender with smoothie spout

-a book about baseball ballparks

-a nice scarf from the Gap

-other nice things that have slipped my mind heh right now

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

A Sony digital camcorder was the big item this year, but DVD's ruled the day.

- The first 5 seasons of M*A*S*H

- The 4th season of The Sopranos (have the first 3)

- Season 1 of The West Wing (got addicted to this show this year)

- 10 various movies, including one of my faves - The Shawshank Redemption, which my wife calls "that prison movie."  Never mind the fact she's never actually SEEN it...

With a baby on the way in March though, my stuff took a back seat to all the stuff bought for her, from car seats to cribs to ACK!  Girlie stuff!

nav-logo.png

- electric razor kit. very nice. My mom got it b/c she hates the beard I've got going.

I got the hint with a couple of packages of razors in my stocking... she's happy cause i shaved the "afro"-eque hair I had two days ago.

I'm in this group as well, my mom got me blades and my step-mom got me an electric razor.

Other than that, I made out pretty well.

- $350 cash towards the laptop I'm buying

- $160 in Best Buy gift cards

- a few GameCube games

- the complete first season of ER on DVD

- a couple DVDs

- the "Cubicle Hell" page-a-day calendar

- a bunch of tools

- some board games

- the 2003 US Mint proof set

The best part of Christmas Day was the gift I got for my step-sister and her husband. He's from Buffalo and is a huge Sabres fan but the Army's had him stationed in Georgia for a few years now so he hasn't been able to get to a game at all. They spend Christmas with my family and then were heading to Buffalo for New Years with his so I got them tickets to see the Sabres and Ducks next Saturday. It was well recieved.

My cousin has a way of showing everyone up on Christmas, though.  Last year, halfway through the day we get a phone call from my aunt, "Kristin and James got engaged!"  Awww.  They got married last spring.  This year, another call, "Kristin's pregnant!"  Don't know what she's going to do next year.

OK, with the official conclusion of Hannukah and also the last of all the family get togethers we've had concluded the final take is as follows:

X Box

NHL 2004

NCAA FB 2004

Madden 2004

Best Buy gift card

Circuit City gift card

Lord & Taylor gift card

$$$

The new Sammy Davis Jr. biography

The "A Christmas Story" Collection of Jean Shepherd stories

and, finally, believe it or not . . .

An official Red Ryder carbine action range model air rifle.  My dad bought it for me as a joke.

OK, with the official conclusion of Hannukah and also the last of all the family get togethers we've had concluded the final take is as follows:

X Box

NHL 2004

NCAA FB 2004

Madden 2004

Best Buy gift card

Circuit City gift card

Lord & Taylor gift card

$$$

The new Sammy Davis Jr. biography

The "A Christmas Story" Collection of Jean Shepherd stories

and, finally, believe it or not . . .

An official Red Ryder carbine action range model air rifle. My dad bought it for me as a joke.

Red Rider air rifle?! You'll shoot your eye out, kid! :D

Seriously, though, that's a nice haul. NCAA Football '04 (I'm assuming that's EA) is a really good football game. It plays the same as Madden, so there shouldn't be a major learning curve if you're familiar with the Madden series' gameplay.

Now that you've got the Box, you need to pick up Halo. Great game. The multiplayer's worth it by itself. Should get you ready for Halo 2 when it comes out in the spring.

I'll be posting my goodie bag later this afternoon for the curious.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived