NBA Reserves Announced

Saint Zephyr III

The NBA announced the Conference Reserves for the 2007 All-Star Game in Las Vegas. Yet there's a huge omission from them: Carmelo Anthony, the leading scorer in the NBA, was once again omitted namely because of the Madison Square Garden incident. Anthony had hoped that the coaches would be able to look over the 15-game suspension; sadly, it wasn't enough.

Here's the list for them, including the Starters and Injured Status.

Western Conference

Starters -

G - Kobe Bryant, Lakers

G - Tracy McGrady, Rockets

F - Tim Duncan, Spurs

F - Kevin Garnett, Timberwolves

C - Yao Ming, Rockets (Injured)

Reserves -

G - Allen Iverson, Nuggets

G - Steve Nash, Suns

G - Tony Parker, Spurs

F - Dirk Nowitzki, Mavericks

F - Amare Stoudemire, Suns

F - Shawn Marion, Suns

F - Carlos Boozer, Jazz (Injured)

Eastern Conference

Starters -

G - Gilbert Arenas, Wizards

G - Dwayne Wade, Heat

F - LeBron James, Cavaliers

F - Chris Bosh, Raptors

C - Shaquille O'Neal, Heat

Reserves -

G - Vince Carter, Nets

G - Jason Kidd, Nets

G - Richard Hamilton, Pistons

G - Chauncey Billups, Pistons

F - Jermaine O'Neal, Pacers

F - Dwight Howard, Magic

F - Caron Butler, Wizards

Now, it's still possible that because of the injuries to Yao Ming and Carlos Boozer, Western Conference snubs could be able to squeeze in. Other than Carmelo Anthony, other All-Star caliber players such as Josh Howard of the Mavericks, Ray Allen of the Supersonics, Zach Randolph of the Trailblazers, Elton Brand of the Clippers, even Chris Paul of the Hornets could slipped in. The insuring decision for Yao's and Boozer's will come from David Stern in a few days. The commish has said that he won't take into acocunt Carmelo's suspension in seeking a new reserve.

GR30a5H.png

Melo is the league's leading scorer at 30.8 per game.

When was the last time the scoring leader was not named to the ASG? Tank? Anyone?

Top 15 scorers not named as All-Stars:

1. Carmelo Anthony, DEN (30.8)

6. Michael Redd, MIL (27.7)

9. Paul Pierce , BOS (26.6)

11. Joe Johnson, ATL (25.3)

14. Zach Randolph , POR (23.7)

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Can All-Star snubs, for any sport, please become a non-story?

<Arguably deserving player> was snubbed for Saturday's <NBA / NHL / MLB / NFL / Pro Curling> All-Star game by the <players / coaches / fans> despite his <leading the league in scoring / being an underappreciated piece of a great team / putting up great numbers on a horrible team / not getting arrested in the past month and a half>. This is an example of how unfair the selection process is, since <arguably less deserving player / player who has been coasting off his accomplishments of a decade ago> will be playing. What an outrage! The <NBA / NHL / MLB / NFL / World Curling Association> should really do something about this.

No matter how the selections happen, somebody's going to be pissed off. Give it a rest. If Melo got selected, somebody would be bitching that he's missed a third of the season so far.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Greg Anthony made a good point on Shootaround...I think Melo would be an all star if he missed 15 games because of injury and not because of suspension. Doesnt matter, my boy and Josh Howard will be in eventually replacing Yao and Boozer(which is definitly a tough break for Carlos)

Carmelo should be there, 15-game suspension or not. Shaq's there, and how much has he played?

...and All-Star snubs are good stories. Sure beats up-to-the-second updates on Terrell Owens, Peyton Manning's pinky, or (in Canada) Bob McKenzie's cardiovascular health trade deadline scoops.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

If he did not throw that punch he would be there who ever selected this team had that in there head, and maybe just maybe it will make somebody think twice next time.

Besides Carlos Boozer and Yao Ming have to be replaced, I wont be shocked if Melo still goes.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

being that he most likely gets a bonus making the all star game, i dont feel bad for him. nor should he be named to the team because he was suspended for 15 games. i think any player that gets dissaplined for any reason for a long extended period time should be awarded with the privilage of being on an all star team.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

That is freakin ridiculous, IMO. Melo missed 15 games and he STILL led the league in ppg. The only reason he's not in is because of the fight, and that's a damn shame.

To be fair missing 15 games won't effect points per game. If he still led the league in total points then it would be a different story.

1zqy8ok.gif

That is freakin ridiculous, IMO. Melo missed 15 games and he STILL led the league in ppg.

But don't forget that average should go down a little now that he and Iverson are together. At least in theory it should.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I guess I shouldnt even be posting in this thread, because I don't really have any interest in Pro basketball, but the NBA really seems to be playing up the "international" invasion of foreign players. Why not do like the NHL, and make the game into some sort of North America vs the world game. Maybe even split it into 4 teams, and have like a final four type setting. I've always enjoyed watching olympic basketball. I know it would be 50 times more likely I'd watch that and root for the NA team then to watch the game as it is. I feel that I have something to root for, then a bunch of guys(none of which represent my team) playing for a conference.

Do you think with 4 teams, that would pretty much cover the snubs?

Just my .02

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

I guess I shouldnt even be posting in this thread, because I don't really have any interest in Pro basketball, but the NBA really seems to be playing up the "international" invasion of foreign players. Why not do like the NHL, and make the game into some sort of North America vs the world game. Maybe even split it into 4 teams, and have like a final four type setting. I've always enjoyed watching olympic basketball. I know it would be 50 times more likely I'd watch that and root for the NA team then to watch the game as it is. I feel that I have something to root for, then a bunch of guys(none of which represent my team) playing for a conference.

Do you think with 4 teams, that would pretty much cover the snubs?

Just my .02

Because there's only three non-North American's playing in the All-Star game. Yao Ming, Tony Parker, and Dirk. And while foreign players are becoming a large part of the NBA, they don't really make up a large percentage of the NBA's stars.

As for the game itself, I don't put too much stock into the NBA All-Star game. Yao Ming and Shaq made the team... that really says all you need to know.

I'm glad that a Nugget made it in, but with the games that 'Melo and AI missed, it should be Marcus Camby... who may just be the most underrated player in the game. Like I said earlier, 'Melo has only himself to blame, but he should be there. He's already paid (too much, even) for his mistake and there's really no doubt that he's one of the top players in the game. Whatever, so long as the fan voting remains the way it is, this games a joke. I'd rather have my boys resting.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived