Early MLB predictions

WISDUCK

As much as I love the O's they might come in last. Probably not but it is possible. It is also possible the Yanks, Sox, or Jays come in 5th. It is just a prediction. They are not a great team yet. They have many up and coming stars (Markakis, Bedard, Cabrera, Loewen, Ray) but may very well come in last.

AL East

1 BOS

2 NYY

3 TOR

4 BAL

5 TB

AL Central

1 DET

2 MIN*

3 CWS

4 CLE

5 KC

AL West

1 OAK

2 ANA

3 TEX

4 SEA

NL East

1 NYM

2 ATL

3 PHI

4 FLA

5 WAS

NL Central

1 STL

2 CHC*

3 MIL

4 HOU

5 PIT

6 CIN

NL West

1 LA

2 AZ

3 SD

4 COL

5 SF

ALDS

OAK vs. MIN

BOS vs. DET

NLDS

CHC vs. NYM

STL vs. LA

ALCS

MIN vs. DET

NLCS

NYM vs. LA

WS

Detroit Tigers vs. New York Mets in 6 games

saBS.png

Do you people ever look at who actually plays for teams instead of going off of what other people say? Anyone that picks Baltimore to finish last is purely idiotic, and there's no other way to put it. You're just f****ng stupid.

Well seeing how Baltamore lost alot of their key players and they came in 4th spot last year ( i think ). They will probally be in the same spot they where last year or even worse like last.

As for the Blue Jays, i think they will be in the same spot as last year. Probally like maken the wild card. They havent really upgraded just replaced some players. Their pitching roatation isnt really strong so they will probally stuggle in the 4th or 5th spot.

They didnt lose a single key player. Oh wait, I forgot that Chris Britton was the best player on the team last year, my bad. They lost noone, gained a whole new (and talented) bullpen, and finally has an average to above average left fielder. I don't know who the hell you're talking about as a key player the Orioles lost.

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

Do you people ever look at who actually plays for teams instead of going off of what other people say? Anyone that picks Baltimore to finish last is purely idiotic, and there's no other way to put it. You're just f****ng stupid.

Well seeing how Baltamore lost alot of their key players and they came in 4th spot last year ( i think ). They will probally be in the same spot they where last year or even worse like last.

As for the Blue Jays, i think they will be in the same spot as last year. Probally like maken the wild card. They havent really upgraded just replaced some players. Their pitching roatation isnt really strong so they will probally stuggle in the 4th or 5th spot.

They didnt lose a single key player. Oh wait, I forgot that Chris Britton was the best player on the team last year, my bad. They lost noone, gained a whole new (and talented) bullpen, and finally has an average to above average left fielder. I don't know who the hell you're talking about as a key player the Orioles lost.

Rodrigo Lopez???????????????

He was not a key player but was our opening day starter

saBS.png

Orioles players lost (*-late last season)

Chris Britton

Jeff Conine*

Bruce Chen

LaTroy Hawkins

Javy Lopez*

Rodrigo Lopez

David Newhan

Russ Ortiz

Fernando Tatis

Chris Widger

Orioles players added

Danys Baez

Chad Bradford

Paul Bako

Aubrey Huff

Jon Knott

Jay Payton

Jamie Walker

Scott Williamson

Jaret Wright

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

It's nice to see all the love showered on the Twins this year. It gets me excited for the season to start.

But as much as I love the franchise, they've got one big uphill struggle next year when you consider the plight of their rotation.

Losing Radke to retirement and Liriano to injury for a season leaves the Twins with a rotation of Johan Santanta, aging or under-performing veterans (Carlos Silva, Sidney Ponson, Ramon Ortiz), and still unproven youth (Scott Baker, Matt Garza, etc.). God forbid anything happens to Johan this year.

Here's to hoping Gardy and staff can make do and live up to these predictions.

American League

East: Yankees, Blue Jays, Red Sox, Orioles, Rays

Central: Tigers, White Sox, Twins, Indians, Royals

West: Angels, Rangers(WC), Athletics, Mariners

La Liga Nationale

East: Mets, Marlins(WC), Nationals, Braves, Phillies

Central: Cardinals, Reds, Pirates, Astros, Brewers, Cubs

West: Padres, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Giants, Rockies

World Series: Marlins over Angels in 5

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

As a Twins fan, I am blown away at most of you picking them 1st. As Gregjigga said, they lost Liriano for the year (probably the career) and Radke retired. Johan is the man and the bullpen should be well above average, but there is no #2 or even #3 starter unless someone has a big breakout year (Matt Garza, I'm looking in your direction).

Having the MVP and the batting champ in an improved lineup with that bullpen and one superstar starter should bring them to over .500. However, that could still land them in 4th place in the toughest division in baseball.

It's nice to see all the love showered on the Twins this year. It gets me excited for the season to start.

But as much as I love the franchise, they've got one big uphill struggle next year when you consider the plight of their rotation.

Losing Radke to retirement and Liriano to injury for a season leaves the Twins with a rotation of Johan Santanta, aging or under-performing veterans (Carlos Silva, Sidney Ponson, Ramon Ortiz), and still unproven youth (Scott Baker, Matt Garza, etc.). God forbid anything happens to Johan this year.

Here's to hoping Gardy and staff can make do and live up to these predictions.

Missed this before I made my post. Pretty in line with what I was saying. You forgot to mention Boof Bonser. He's the #2, which is not a good thing. I think Silva is done. He'll pitch about 5 games that make you say "maybe he's still got it" and follow each up with a dud. I fully expect nothing but filler starts from Ponson or Ortiz. Garza, I guess, will be the #3 and he's still a couple of years off. I don't think Baker is a major league starter. Their #4 and #5 is going to be a wild ride...

Perhaps they should have offered Gil Meche $12 million per year...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

American League (* = Wild Card Team)

East: Yankees, Jays, Sox, D-Rays, O's

Central: Twins, ChiSox*, Tigers, Tribe, Royals

West: Angels, Rangers, A's, Mariners

La Liga Nationale

East: Mets, Phightins*, Braves, Fish, Nats

Central: Cardinals, Stros, Brew Crew, Cubbies, Pirates, Reds

West: Pads, Dodgers, D-backs, Giants, Rockies

I'll go with Angels(obviously) over Cards(again, obviously)

The Mets will not win the NL East and I will get a warning for making a huge post about it.

At least you got a warning.

If you can't take the criticism with the bad times, then don't gloat with the good times.

I think I only got a (Private) warning when I was fighting in the "OMFG METS WIN EAST" thread.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

The Mets will not win the NL East and I will get a warning for making a huge post about it.

If you can't take the criticism with the bad times, then don't gloat with the good times.

I think I only got a (Private) warning when I was fighting in the "OMFG METS WIN EAST" thread.

Coincidentally, I had a month off for posting a picture of Molina circling the bases after his 9th-inning HR.

There can be a "Mets Magic Number" thread, yet a certain someone takes offense when the same team failed to win the NLCS.

NL East Mets

NL Central Cardinals

NL West Giants

Wild Card Phillies

NLCS Mets over Phillies

AL East Red Sox

AL Central Tigers

AL West Angels

Wild Card Twins

ALCS Tigers over Angels

World Series Mets over Tigers

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Coincidentally, I had a month off for posting a picture of Molina circling the bases after his 9th-inning HR.

There can be a "Mets Magic Number" thread, yet a certain someone takes offense when the same team failed to win the NLCS.

A certain someone? It takes 7 people to vote on what, if any, punishment is handed out. The only certain someone who ever gets to punish people whenever they feel like it is me, and trust me, it never happens, unless you reaaaaaaaally annoy me.

But really... you guys seriously think it's only one post, or one action that gets you a suspension or a warning?

If you're a dick for like 3 months, then in one day you're a real ass, even for you, you're going to get tossed... you're not being tossed for that one day, that day is the icing on the cake, it's what pushes you over the edge between "well do we warn him?" or "yeah, it's time to do something about this guy".

Next time you guys decide to publicly swap punishment pity stories, include all the posts you made leading up to the punishment, not just the last one.

Oh man, I guess I'm going to get banned for this one.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Okay, this might be a bit early, but let's see.

AL East

1. Toronto

2. New York

3. Boston

4. Tampa Bay

5. Baltimore

AL Central

1. Detroit

2. Chicago

3. Cleveland

4. Minnesota

5. Kansas City

AL West

1. Oakland

2. Anaheim

3. Texas

4. Seattle

NL East

1. New York

2. Philadelphia

3. Florida

4. Atlanta

5. Washington

NL Central

1. St. Louis

2. Chicago

3. Pittsburgh

4. Houston

5. Cincinnati

6. Milwaukee

NL West

1. San Diego

2. Los Angeles

3. San Francisco

4. Arizona

5. Colorado

PLAYOFFS

ALDS: (4) Anaheim v. (1) Detroit -- Detroit in 4; (3) Oakland v. (2) Toronto -- Toronto in 4

NLDS: (3) St. Louis v. (1) San Diego -- San Diego in 3; (4) Los Angeles v. (2) New York -- New York in 5

ALCS: (2) Toronto v. (1) Detroit -- Toronto in 7

NLCS: (2) New York v. (1) San Diego -- San Diego in 6

World Series: Toronto v. San Diego -- San Diego takes game 6 at Petco to win the Series.

And it pains me to write these predictions. I think that my Phillies could be one of the most talented teams in the National League. Too bad the ownership decided that it was a great idea to dust off the playbook of the '61-'62 Cubs instead of axing Uncle Charlie when they had the chance.

LvZYtbZ.png

A certain someone? It takes 7 people to vote on what, if any, punishment is handed out. The only certain someone who ever gets to punish people whenever they feel like it is me, and trust me, it never happens, unless you reaaaaaaaally annoy me.

But really... you guys seriously think it's only one post, or one action that gets you a suspension or a warning?

Not to continue bantering about this, but according to your post about punishment, it is feasible that just one person's vote of 10 points can lead to a month's suspension, even if the other six vote zero points. Again, just a coincidence that Molina's HR is what pushed over the edge. I've read/seen much worse postings than that.

Now back to baseball: I'll wait until spring training begins before I make any sort of predictions. I gotta figure out who all's moved where this offseason first....

American League

East:

1. New York

2. Toronto -WC

3. Boston

4. Baltimore

5. Tampa Bay

Central:

1. Minnesota

2. Detroit

3. Cleveland

4. Chicago

5. Kansas City

West:

1. LA Angels

2. Texas

3. Oakland

4. Seattle

National League

East:

1. Philadelphia

2. Florida- WC

3. NY Mets

4. Atlanta

5. Washington

Central:

1. Milwaukee

2. Chicago

3. St louis

4. Houston

5. Cincinnati

6. Pittsburgh

West:

1, San Diego

2. Los Angeles

3. Arizona

4. San Francisco

5. Colorado

Forget about the Marlins as the wild card. Last year, they played over their heads. This year, it will show. Don't be surprised that after another failed attempt at state funding that they trade both Willis and Cabrera. Also, the White Sox will not finish in fourth and I can not see the Brewers winning the Central division

If you're a dick for like 3 months, then in one day you're a real ass, even for you, you're going to get tossed... you're not being tossed for that one day, that day is the icing on the cake, it's what pushes you over the edge between "well do we warn him?" or "yeah, it's time to do something about this guy".

Next time you guys decide to publicly swap punishment pity stories, include all the posts you made leading up to the punishment, not just the last one.

Oh man, I guess I'm going to get banned for this one.

Where do you read pity into my post? I'm content with acting like an ass and getting due punishment. I learn my boundaries that way. (And I'm actually proud of that Mets crap. They acted as childish as I did, which counts as a victory for me)

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Yes, but I sent you a case of Budweiser Select ™ and a case of cigars.

I hope nobody stole them off your doorstep.

OK, I've seen my Brewers picked everywhere from first to last in the Central. While I think this is going to be a good season for the Crew, I don't see them finishing any higher than second unless they can get hot down the stretch and become buyers at the trade deadline. With what they have now, I think they're an 81-86 win team.

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived