DOlphin Colored Logo

CAVALIER

I think the colors were less Miami Dolphins and more city of Miami. The colors were clearly an effort Miami Vice/South Beach/the 80's... i thought it was a beautiful mixture of colors on a poorly executed logo.

I agree that is was a poorley executed logo, but I thought iw a pretty striking resemblence to Dolphon Colors especially the sideline "wrap"

Saints2.pnglsu21bcs1.png

saintsflagbd4.jpg

Does anyone know what the significance of the pylon was/is? We've been discussing this on one of the Cardinals' forums, and I honestly don't know why the "I" in the logo is supposed to represent a pylon:

SuperBowl41_PRM_2006_SOL.gif

Here's the cover of the Super Bowl Style Guide:

SuperBowl41_StyleGuideCover.jpg

I hope this doesn't come across as sarcastic, but why not? Maybe he sat there and looked at the design and thought about using a football element in the logo that no one had ever used before. This is also only the second time that a football has been used in the Super Bowl logo, 1991 was the first.

What I've heard (maybe on here, IDK) was that the theme was "One Goal". Pylons mark the goal on the field. Pylons can also look like an I, which is 1, and there ya go.

Lame? Yeah. But that's probably why..

Close enough. It was One Game, One Dream. Here's another pic from that guide:

OneGameOneDream.jpg

Yeah, I don't get it.... Hey Pantone what do you think about the Cardinals uniforms after two years? Hope my Saints get a decent change...

I'm still on the fence a little bit. Part of me loves the fact that they FINALLY added Black back into the color scheme, but part of me wishes they hadn't gone with so many "trendy" elements (e.g., piping, swooshey pant striping, side panels). I've have been wanting changes for so long, my perspective might be a little distorted.

I LOVE the new logo however. In my mind, it was the perfect modernization.

Still HATE the Gray facemasks.

Interesting. Was this game originally scheduled for Boise?

Well, if it was it certainly would've capped off a good year for blue horses...

If you don't count Barbaro.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Does anyone know what the significance of the pylon was/is? We've been discussing this on one of the Cardinals' forums, and I honestly don't know why the "I" in the logo is supposed to represent a pylon:

I do not know, but I did however come up with an idea for a Super Bowl LI logo that uses an uprights motif that does slightly resemble the XLI logo. If may have just been decided to use the pylon because it is such an underused aspect of football.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

you guys are wrong. that is a VERY good super bowl logo, its grown on me

much better than the arizona one coming up. ick!

I don't know...they're not THAT similar:

MiamiDolphins_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

vs the latest Super Bowl logo (ignore all of the "additional colors" - they're just used in some of the additional artwork for the Super Bowl):

SuperBowl_PLC_2006_SOL.jpg

I think to an extent theyre similar. That extent is that they both have the same white.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I hope you don't mind me taking this a little further off-topic:

Yeah, I don't get it.... Hey Pantone what do you think about the Cardinals uniforms after two years? Hope my Saints get a decent change...

I'm still on the fence a little bit. Part of me loves the fact that they FINALLY added Black back into the color scheme, but part of me wishes they hadn't gone with so many "trendy" elements (e.g., piping, swooshey pant striping, side panels). I've have been wanting changes for so long, my perspective might be a little distorted.

I LOVE the new logo however. In my mind, it was the perfect modernization.

Still HATE the Gray facemasks.

Good to hear from a Cards fan - you pretty much summed up how I feel about the uniforms, and I agree that the modernized logo is fantatsic - I think they leapfrogged into the Top 10 with that one.

Archived