Dallas Stars Concept... (added pants/socks/etc)

ColeJ

SCROLL TO BOTTOM FOR UPDATED CONCEPT.

colestarsconceptfeb07.gif

i removed all the black, even though reports are that the stars will be using black primarily next season... that's why it's a concept, because it's not actually in use, and never will be :)

i put dallas on both home and road, contrary to reports, because i like for home/roads to match each other... and before you say "but the home should say stars, and the road should say dallas," i don't care. tell the mavericks that. the city of dallas does junk it's own way.

if anyone is actually reading this text, instead of just looking at the image, here's some more neato information about what vision for this uniform:

these would be worn with green pants home and road, and green/white helmets, depending on home/road. i just didn't feel like drawing those up, since they'd be fairly basic, and easy to imagine yourself.

anyway, please leave comments. it makes it worth the effort, when i see feedback.

Very nice. The team name arched on the front w/#s would be (and probably will be) unique to the NHL, and the traditional striping accents it very well. Points for using the Texas/star logo as well.

I really like the green one. The colors work good and it is a unique design for the league. The only problem I have with the white jersey is that the gold trim on the outside of the numbers is kinda hard to read.

Who cares about how hard the gold is to read... then again has anyone said that about Pittsburgh? Actually the gold would be easier to read than say... silver. Over all nice, clean, simply classic design.

the more i see it the more i like the idea of basketball fronts on hockey jerseys. it just looks nice. it isnt for every team, but for one or 2 it could be a good change. this concept is very very solid, and could be left as is, but i think the addition of a little black could go a long way. maybe just outlining the stripes or letters or something, just a little black added, no colors subtracted.

but i think the addition of a little black could go a long way. maybe just outlining the stripes or letters or something, just a little black added, no colors subtracted.

That's what they said when the Detroit Lions, Duke and Saskatchewan started using it :P

Yes, the designs look very collegiate and I don't think it'll fly in a non-traditional hockey market like the Metroplex. However, the green jersey would make a very nice alternate. It's a traditional design done right: it looks interesting and unique without straying too far from the norm. Great work.

QPR%20Sig.png

Yes, the designs look very collegiate and I don't think it'll fly in a non-traditional hockey market like the Metroplex. However, the green jersey would make a very nice alternate. It's a traditional design done right: it looks interesting and unique without straying too far from the norm. Great work.

its interesting that you should say that, because most of the studies the stars have done in terms of new uniforms, say that stars fans want VERY traditional uniforms.

that's why the mooterus failed. they wanted something black, simple stripes, with a draw string.

I like the general look, but I disagree with the front of the home kit. Yeah, I read your spiel but you have completely discarded the primary logo. This will not do. As much as I like VAL, there is far too much here for my tastes. Either replace the secondary on the shoulders with the primary or put the primary on the green. My $0.02.

i posted this on DMHN, too, and people mentioned that i discarded the primary...

and i don't think i have. they'd still use it as the primary logo, and quite possibly have it on the helmets and pants.

it would be no different than the new york rangers, who don't have their primary logo on any of their uniforms.

i've just never liked the way our logo looks on a shoulder... from either iowa, or all-star jerseys... it just never looks right to me. on the chest, it looks great. but on shoulders, something just doesn't look right to me.

either way, i'm still working on this one, to see if i can find a perfect mix.

Archived