Custom McFarlane

buckeyenut

Hi guys, my name is Jesse. I have been coming to this board for 2 years now and I love it. Anyways I make custom McFarlane figures. For example, I will take a NFL figure and paint it into a college player. I mostly do football customs, but I have done Hockey, Baseball and Basketball. I have done well over 200 customs. I can do any uniform requested. I have done CFL, Throwback unis, High Schools, Fantasy teams and made up teams, as well as all pro and college teams.

I make sure I get all the details right, down to the warning stickers on football helmets to the jersey brand logo. I thought some of you guys might enjoy looking at some of them. I also think it would be neat to make some of the amazing concepts you guys come up with into customs. I think it would be cool to see a logo or uniform you made on a custom action figure. They are about 6" tall. Any ways let me know what you guys think. Here is some of the customs I have made lately.

bsu002ys2.jpg

bsu005ar8.jpg

bsu015sq8.jpg

1000283ho6.jpg

1000190tj7.jpg

1000335qv9.jpg

columbusdestroyersrf6.png

osuzd9.png

I have always wanted to try making one of these. I know it would be hard but the end product is very cool. The examples you showed are very well done and look great.

How long does it take you to make one?

How much does it cost to get the supplies and everything?

You should try making a Gordie Howe on the Houston Aeros or any other WHA player on any team for that matter. You don't have to make it of course. I just threw it out as a suggestion

Keep up the good work!

Also do you have a photo gallery with all of your custom figures or a website?

I can make one in about 4 to 5 days. I work on them a few hours after work in the evenings. You have to let the paint dry and spray the decals with a clear coat and let that dry. If you only are making one or two figures for yourself it wouldn't be that much. You just need the base figure, primer, paints and some brushes. It just takes lots of practice to get good at painting really small straight lines haha.

osuzd9.png

GREAT JOB

Love the James Laurinaitis figure. great job!

What player was the Laurinaitis one originally?

Love 'em

The Laurinaitis one is on my background now.

I'd also love to see an Eddie George Ohio State one. I don't think I've ever seen one before.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I love the blue turf with the Ian Johnson one! Classic! Ever thought of doing requests and custom orders? I bet you could get a lot of interest!

Edit: Yes I know the legality issues behind this, but here's a quote from Todd McFarlane: In the September 2004 issue of Beckett Hockey, Todd says ?I think that it?s cool and interesting that our fans are using our figures as a base for their own creativity.? He goes on to talk specifically about selling customs ?In general, I have no problem unless someone is trying to pass a custom off as some sort of official McFarlane action figure.?

The only issues another customizer encountered was from Ohio State University, under the assumption he mass produced his custom figures. Once he assured them he didn't they had no problem with it.

The Laurinaitis figure was originally a Brian Urlacher. Buckeyes are my favorite to do. I have done, Troy Smith, Archie Griffin, Andy Katzenmoyer, Shawn Springs, Orlando Pace. I haven't done an Eddie yet, I will have to get on that one.

Awsome. I'd really love to see those.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I sell alot on ebay, under the name 82stanley. I have got as much as $100.00 for some of the ones I put on there. But the avrage is about $60.00. But depending on what you guys want and how many I wouldn't mind doing them for $45.00 and that inclueds shipping. Keep in mind that the base figures cost me $10.00 and I have shipping cost. But I don't mind giving you guys a deal :)

osuzd9.png

what would we need to do if we wanted one made from smaller schools or colleges? (i mean besides the cash, and what payment methods do you accept?)

I would just need a picture of what the uniforms look like and any logos if you have them. If you don't have them thats fine I can find them or make them. I accept pay-pal, check, money order. Whatever works for you.

osuzd9.png

what would we need to do if we wanted one made from smaller schools or colleges? (i mean besides the cash, and what payment methods do you accept?)

I would just need a picture of what the uniforms look like and any logos if you have them. If you don't have them thats fine I can find them or make them. I accept pay-pal, check, money order. Whatever works for you.

First of all I like to tell you that you are the s**t, bro. Second, what kind of paint do you use. Man I see your stuff on E-Bay all the time, and you are one talented mofo..if I can say that.

Archived