Minnesota Timberwolves Jerseys

Badge Man

Why? It's a great set, especially because of the tree trim.

Mainly because they dumped a clean set/logo that was one of my favorites for their current style. You like the tree trim? Me, that's probably the biggest reason I can't stand 'em, aside from the cartoony font.

hate the trees. it was great when they were introduced. it doesnt work anymore. its kinda tacky. i'm fine with the script though

i honestly think the original look the twolves had is better than the lynx and christmas tree look they have now.

The problem is, this was one of those "Change the uniforms because the old set became synonymous with horrible basketball" deals. Oh yeah, and they also became synonymous with "Worst in the league and picking 4th overall in the draft" :D (Yes, I know they picked 3rd the year they were league-worst, but that was the way it went; if it was a 3-player draft they'd pick 4th, if it was a 5-player draft they'd pick 6th)

sportsbanner-single.jpg

I thought the entire identity package looked awful from day one... they probably needed a re-design, but they could have, and should, do better than what they have. I think it's up and down awful... and because it's the NBA, they don't even crack the top 10 in terms of worst logo/uniform sets

i honestly think the original look the twolves had is better than the lynx and christmas tree look they have now.

The problem is, this was one of those "Change the uniforms because the old set became synonymous with horrible basketball" deals. Oh yeah, and they also became synonymous with "Worst in the league and picking 4th overall in the draft" :D (Yes, I know they picked 3rd the year they were league-worst, but that was the way it went; if it was a 3-player draft they'd pick 4th, if it was a 5-player draft they'd pick 6th)

I can't ignore this. The lottery screwed the wolves consistantly. Before they made the playoffs, the picked worse than their record indicated all but once (I think one year they picked 3rd, they had the 3rd worst record). They dropped three spots at least once.

As for the uniforms. I loved the original look, but when I see the logo and unforms, I think they would be fairly outdated by now.

Nevertheless, I dislike the new look and am frankly suprised anyone likes it. I like the Blue and Green. It would be fairly unique in sports today. I am disappointed at the movement away from green--it should outline the numbers in place of black.

The font tries to hard and the trees just don't do it for me.

And the black alt stinks. It's just the same jersey as the blue one, only less attractive.

Actually I think the logo is servicable but the uniform needs an overhaul. Start with the Blue/Green base and maybe include silver, but not black.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I just can't agree that the original look was any good. It was awful.

The font could be better for the numbers, I agree, but I think the rest of the package is fantastic, and really fits the name well.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

And they'd end up with junk like Christian Laettner, JR Rider, Pooh Richardson, et al.

Anyway, how can you not love this logo?

Simple, powerful, excellent fonts (especially the cursive state name, LOVE THAT!). No ridiculously pointed font, trees, or half-shaded cartoon wolf.

timberwolves_logo_old.gif

I dare say one of the best NBA logos of all time, if not one of the best sports logos overall.

Archived