Blue Jays Hybrid Logo Concept

Braden

Well... I was talking with Neon Matrix last week, and he mentioned that it would be cool to see how the old Blue Jays "T-Bird" looked on the new "T" alternate logo of the Jays.

So myself, having vectors of both, I decided to give it a try. Neon thought it was so good, that I should post it.

And here it is:

newtbird_big.gif

What do you think?

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too shabby, Braden. But I wonder what it would look like if the bird was on the other side of the T. The way it is, the bird is covering up one of the more distinct elements of the new T, that curl on the left side. Plus, if the bird were flipped, the upward swoop of the jay's head might line up nicely with the upward swoop of the T on that side, and there might also be a stronger connection with the old T-bird logo.

But, either way, nice work.

Not too shabby, Braden. But I wonder what it would look like if the bird was on the other side of the T. The way it is, the bird is covering up one of the more distinct elements of the new T, that curl on the left side. Plus, if the bird were flipped, the upward swoop of the jay's head might line up nicely with the upward swoop of the T on that side, and there might also be a stronger connection with the old T-bird logo.

But, either way, nice work.

I thought about it on the other side originally but I decide if it was on the left it would allow for it to be used as part of a script, such as the J on the home jerseys. Imagine that being the T for 'Toronto' on an alt road jersey... such as one that is graphite. I do realise its very heavy on the left but that would allow it to be part of a jersey crest. I'm sure if it was to be a cap logo the bird may have to be on the right of the T to even out the weight... but I guess its up to Braden if he wants to make that version of it.

Also, I don't think red would work, especially since we're trying to work with the existing Jays colours and logos.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I thought about it on the other side originally but I decide if it was on the left it would allow for it to be used as part of a script, such as the J on the home jerseys. Imagine that being the T for 'Toronto' on an alt road jersey... such as one that is graphite. I do realise its very heavy on the left but that would allow it to be part of a jersey crest. I'm sure if it was to be a cap logo the bird may have to be on the right of the T to even out the weight... but I guess its up to Braden if he wants to make that version of it.

OK, yeah, I can see that. That would be pretty cool. I guess that since the original T-bird logo wasn't used as part of a script, I didn't really think of it that way.

Thank you for making my dream, a reality!! Looks great with the script... on graphite none the less! You definatly did a much better job than I could have ever hoped of doing.

So... still up for making these into shirts before we go to a Jays game? :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Thank you for making my dream, a reality!! Looks great with the script... on graphite none the less! You definatly did a much better job than I could have ever hoped of doing.

So... still up for making these into shirts before we go to a Jays game? :P

I want to be at that game.

Archived