Le Quebecois is back...

Le Québécois

Apu's last name should be arched so that it doesn't go on to the sleeves. With many international hockey teams, they have sponsorships on either the lower back or upper chest - perfect spot for a Kwik-E-Mart badge.

The idea is great but I use MSPaint and I don`t know how I could arch the name with that program. Feel free to do it if you want.

Love the Bahamas, great use of colours and design.

Thanx

Any chance you can do Libya? I think I asked before you must have missed it. (doh)

Maybe you asked but between you and me, the flag is not that exciting. I'll see what I can do...

Not sure if you've done Brazil yet, but if you haven't please do.

Ok, I will...

Macedonia (FYROM) has some interesting possibilities.

It`s already done...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jamaica. You know you want to.

Ooooooooh you bet I want to...

here's a special edition of "The National Hockey Team We'll never see"...

(thanx to Anson Carter for the hair inspiration)

jamaica.png

Makes sense that Ricky Williams is an honorary citizen of Jamaica seeing as how his purchase of "produce" has made them millions of dollars :P

But I didn't know he would turn to hockey...guess the next paycheck's gotta come from somewhere...

P.S. Not insulting hockey or Jamaica. I love both.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Somebody asked me to do it and here it is...

(bow)

quebec1.png

Probably the first "new" countery that could be "formed" and dominate in hockey since Russia.

The quotes were used since technically Russia existed as part of the USSR.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

• 3 years later...

spain.png

Gee, I was going to a bit showing LQ's concepts next to the actual uniforms, however most of the countries that I was going to do, even though they are IIHF members, haven't fielded a team in the last little while. The only one that was left was this...

IIHF - Spain

LQ came pretty close, except they use white as "home" and black as "away". And that since Spain is in Div. 1, we might actually get to see them at World's at some point...

Of all his other concepts, India is probably closest to seeing the light of day, 1 indoor rink, 8 outdoor rinks, 325 players is probably enough to form a national team I believe...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Argentina has a team

yeah, back in 2007 when I did this concpet, we had a discussion about different countries that had a national ice hockey program. But like I said back then, no matter what, Canada would crush them ;-)

Yeah... I just realized that. My bad!

nyjets.pngHabs_button.jpg

UConn Huskies 2011 NCAA Men's Basketball Champions

Argentina has a team

yeah, back in 2007 when I did this concpet, we had a discussion about different countries that had a national ice hockey program. But like I said back then, no matter what, Canada would crush them ;-)

Yeah... I just realized that. My bad!

no problemo my friend

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

I just now came across this thread, and I love everything you've done. The concepts are fun, creative and very well done. I'm also a geographer so I love the geographic nature of it.

Thank you, when I started this thread back then, I thought and still think that it's different from what we're use to see here. And like you, I'm a big fan of international geography and history... As a matter of fact, you'll find that most of the concepts' name on the back anre the names of the actual leader of the country (back then and today as for Cameroon) according to wikipedia...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Archived