Court in New Orleans

UCFGuy28

Based on the image you provided, I'd say the whole court looks like a very pale blue, which I don't think is in the NO Hornets' scheme.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Based on the image you provided, I'd say the whole court looks like a very pale blue, which I don't think is in the NO Hornets' scheme.

Not a big fan of the light blue color court either. It could be improved.

They are using the Tulane court in the New Orleans Arena.

Nope. That's the Hornets' court, with the Hornet logo covered by the NCAA circle at center court, and with Tulane logos added to the floor to give props to the host school. Don't forget the Habitat for Humanity logos put on the opposite side of the 3 point arc from the NCAA wordmark.

Interesting that both Hornet home floors are utilized for First/Second round games in New Orleans and OK City, respectively.

Host schools will often add their logo to a floor that isn't their own (Wazzu in Spokane, Pacific in Sacramento, Canisius AND Niagra), when they don't go the extra mile and have their home floor installed in a facility other than their home arena. This year, that distniction belongs to Ohio State in Columbus; their floor was laid down not in Value City Arena/Schottenstein Center, but at Nationwide Arena, where the Blue Jackets play. Previous tournaments have seen Cleveland State install their floor inside then-Gund Arena, and George Mason installing their floor across state lines in the former Capital Centre arena in Landover, MD.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

They are using the Tulane court in the New Orleans Arena.

Nope. That's the Hornets' court, with the Hornet logo covered by the NCAA circle at center court, and with Tulane logos added to the floor to give props to the host school. Don't forget the Habitat for Humanity logos put on the opposite side of the 3 point arc from the NCAA wordmark.

Interesting that both Hornet home floors are utilized for First/Second round games in New Orleans and OK City, respectively.

Host schools will often add their logo to a floor that isn't their own (Wazzu in Spokane, Pacific in Sacramento, Canisius AND Niagra), when they don't go the extra mile and have their home floor installed in a facility other than their home arena. This year, that distniction belongs to Ohio State in Columbus; their floor was laid down not in Value City Arena/Schottenstein Center, but at Nationwide Arena, where the Blue Jackets play. Previous tournaments have seen Cleveland State install their floor inside then-Gund Arena, and George Mason installing their floor across state lines in the former Capital Centre arena in Landover, MD.

I think when it comes to Cleveland State, that was not the Gund Arena used, look back at the actual venues and you'll see that I think they played in the Wolstein Center, on Cleveland State's campus, and not Gund Arena/The Q.

As for teams that did not transport their courts to host venues, it could be a possibility that those courts are not portable and must remain in place?

As someone who was involved with the 2006 Women's Final Four, the logos on the court are those of the "Host" institution(s), and are technically the only form of "advertising" the NCAA allows on the court or near the court. That's why you'll often see the plastic blue "NCAA" sticker on center court during the tournament.

When the Fleet Center in Boston had the 1999 NCAA's, they wanted to keep the legendary Celtics leprechaun logo at center court on the old parquet, but the NCAA nixed it. Therefore that ugly blue NCAA logo was affixed as the Fleet doesn't have an "alternate" piece of flooring for the jump ball circle.

Each NCAA regional has a "host" school or schools - who were responsible for the bid and are responsible for the logistics, etc.

Pacific may be the host in Sacramento, Canisius and Niagara are the hosts in Buffalo.

Northeastern and Harvard were the hosts of the Women's Final Four in 2006 and therefore had their logos on the court.

they are.

and the NCAA wordmark boards they used for Arco were horribly miscolored. Definitely clashed.

there's going to have to be a huge NCAA sticker for the Rose Garden when they host either next year or the year after. I wonder if its Oregon or OSU hosting that game...maybe both? hmm. hopefully they just use the "PORTLAND" endzones too.

harperdc.gif

they are.

and the NCAA wordmark boards they used for Arco were horribly miscolored. Definitely clashed.

there's going to have to be a huge NCAA sticker for the Rose Garden when they host either next year or the year after. I wonder if its Oregon or OSU hosting that game...maybe both? hmm. hopefully they just use the "PORTLAND" endzones too.

Might be Portland State or U. of Portland hosting those rounds.

EDIT: Wikipedia has it listed as U of Oregon as the host.

they are.

Might be Portland State or U. of Portland hosting those rounds.

EDIT: Wikipedia has it listed as U of Oregon as the host.

Portland hosts the 1st and 2nd rounds in 2009. Last year, the NCAA used their own floor in Oakland at the regional finals. I believe they also used their own floor in the regional at Minneapolis.

there's no way PSU or UP would host instead of Oregon. Sports-wise, they're minor in the grand scheme of things (Big Sky and WCC, respectively) and it's not like Spokane is right next to Pullman (where WSU is) either: it's 100 miles away, just as Eugene (where UO is) is 100 miles from Portland.

harperdc.gif

Archived