D'backs Logo

McCall

I agree with everyone above, great idea and execution. My only thought is that it looks more like croc with a long neck then a snake. Make the curve to the head more round and less angle-ly and you're set. Great job.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a great concept!

The only thing that I might suggest to make it look more "snake like" (to me it looks fine, but I see how people could think it's a Croc) would be that on the left "leg" of the A, where the black part of the bottom of the snake is, instead of it flarring out to the right, maybe tuck it in towards the left...I'm not sure if what I'm saying is clear but basically, because there's a little tiny part of the snake which sort of jets out to the right, it gives the impression that it's part of the chest of a croc, leading into a leg.

If it was more rounded and went inwards instead of outwards, it may look more "snakeish". I hope what I'm saying is understandable, if you need more clarification, or if someone else wants to try to articulate what I'm trying to say, go for it!

All in all though, it's an awesome logo, great job!

It's a great concept!

The only thing that I might suggest to make it look more "snake like" (to me it looks fine, but I see how people could think it's a Croc) would be that on the left "leg" of the A, where the black part of the bottom of the snake is, instead of it flarring out to the right, maybe tuck it in towards the left...I'm not sure if what I'm saying is clear but basically, because there's a little tiny part of the snake which sort of jets out to the right, it gives the impression that it's part of the chest of a croc, leading into a leg.

If it was more rounded and went inwards instead of outwards, it may look more "snakeish". I hope what I'm saying is understandable, if you need more clarification, or if someone else wants to try to articulate what I'm trying to say, go for it!

All in all though, it's an awesome logo, great job!

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree with you. The flare to the right instead of making another diamond is part of what I really like about this logo, it adds a bit more style to it.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Takes care of the mis-used old A from the turquoise, purple and copper days. If they updated, I think they should have scrapped the old A. When they wear that black alternate, I think it'll be their worst look. Great job on new logo.

Joining the choir of praise, this really is outstanding. This is easily as good as anything they've ever had, and the colors really work nicely on this. Give yourself a hand, this is a great look. Bravo.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Great concept - you have a very good eye and a wonderful talent!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Wow. What can I say that hasn't already been said? That is amazing work. It easily fits into their new scheme and you can bet I'd buy some merchandise with that on it. Awesome job and I look forward to more designs from you if you decide to do some more.

Wow. What can I say that hasn't already been said? That is amazing work. It easily fits into their new scheme and you can bet I'd buy some merchandise with that on it. Awesome job and I look forward to more designs from you if you decide to do some more.

Well, if I ever get Illustrator again, I will...until then, it's the old pencil and notebook paper treatment, also known as "Broke As $H!*." :P

Well you could download a free trial. Don't wanna encourage this, but at least until you get some extra cash use a crack version....

Actually the version I used to have (Illustrator 10) was put on there by a guy I used to work with. He fixed my computer for free, put Illustrator, Photoshop, and ImageReady all on there for free. He said they were from a friend who had originally downloaded demo versions. How he got them from demos is unknown to me nor do I wanna know. All I know is I had Illustrator. Now my computer doesn't work (it's still on there, but in order to fix it, it would be wiped off I guess) and so I don't have it anymore. I bought my brother's old computer off of him, but I don't have anything on it yet.

this is great. Its an awesome idea for something done in the middle of the night.I think it looks awesome the way it is but it would also be nice to see it on diffrent A's

That logo is sensational

I'm so disappointed with their new look, but that logo, should be shipped to Arizona's team headquarters at Chase Field immediatley. Those colors utilize that look. That is one of the more creative, yet simple logos.

I would love to know what you could do when it's not 2 am!

Great job guys, froma huge D'Backs fan.

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

Archived