New Maryland basketball uniforms?

aykay

Is that system of dress style? Just the back and shoulders, look alot like 'Cuse, OSU, Arizona, and the like.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Is that system of dress style? Just the back and shoulders, look alot like 'Cuse, OSU, Arizona, and the like.

They definitely have that look.

I'm reserving judgment on these until I see an actual uniform. I suspect the gold will be the same as the early 80s uniforms, rather than the mustardy color depicted here. I sure hope so, because I don't like this color.

I also want to see how bold the piping looks on the real thing. If it is a little more subtle, it may be okay. Otherwise, I'm not digging it.

I loved the early 80s gold uniforms and have always wanted Maryland to use them again. I just think it could have been done better (based on what we're seeing, anyway).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I loved the early 80s gold uniforms and have always wanted Maryland to use them again. I just think it could have been done better (based on what we're seeing, anyway).

Leopard, growing up in Silver Spring during the 80s I also LOVED the gold uniforms. I just wish they could have made a gold one in their current set. MD's current jerseys are hands down one of the best in the NCAA, but these just seem a little "eh."

As I always understood it (and I almost attended Maryland... 'til I came to my senses :P [i keed.]), Maryland prefers to split their 4 official school colors. UM allows red and white to predominate their athletic gear and reserves black and gold for academic functions. (The alma mater also refers to the black and gold.) Black has crept into the uniforms as a base color because black sells. The gold would be different, and I know they did it in the past, but it's really the color they use least, and mainly for trim. And the piping is set too far toward the middle of the back of the jersey; the numbers would look scrunched, and fitting names like "STRAWBERRY" or "CANER-MEDLEY" across the shoulder space would be a tough fit. I'll believe it when I see it.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

the piping is set too far toward the middle of the back of the jersey; the numbers would look scrunched, and fitting names like "STRAWBERRY" or "CANER-MEDLEY" across the shoulder space would be a tough fit. I'll believe it when I see it.

exactly what i was thinking. although the names of former players were used, your point still stands. even a short name would be hard to fit on that jersey. i really do like the look or the piping though, just spread it out in the back or use it just on the shorts.

Some see Uma Thurman, I see this:

checker-sm.jpg

Unless the nameplate is going to be incredibly small, condensed, or allowed to be placed on top of the piping, perhaps Gary Williams is contemplating going nameless with these yellow alts.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

KU wore yellow jerseys for one or two games in the early 90s - yuck.

Maryland can get away with it - oh, sorry guys I gotta go....

TAXI ....

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

• LMU locked this topic

Archived