Colorado Rapids vs DC United

roxfan00

Has DC United always have all white kits on the road before?

fullj.getty-73799571dp009_d_c_united_v__5_22_51_pm.jpg

fullj.getty-73799571dp007_d_c_united_v__5_22_35_pm.jpg

Also very much liking the Rapids kits more and more.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its funny they wore white shorts because in normal soccer tradition, you are not supposed to match anything with the other team, so if Rapids were wearing white shorts that means DC should have worn black ones.

that being said, anyone have pictures from the other games? specifically Real ? i want to see how the Xango shirts look. thanks.

I know it sounds picky, but i'd enjoy the MLS a lot more if they played during the fall/winter. those pictures look like soccer as opposed to the sun drenched, faded look of summer matches. i also wish united would return to red trim on their change kits.

I know it sounds picky, but i'd enjoy the MLS a lot more if they played during the fall/winter. those pictures look like soccer as opposed to the sun drenched, faded look of summer matches. i also wish united would return to red trim on their change kits.

Winter games in Chicago, Denver, Toronto, New England... no thanks.

By the way, I like the addidas sleeve stripes, but having both teams wear them makes them very boring...plus the fact that their shorts are virtually identical -- didn't like that at all.

its funny they wore white shorts because in normal soccer tradition, you are not supposed to match anything with the other team, so if Rapids were wearing white shorts that means DC should have worn black ones.

I know over in Europe that is the norm. For example yesterday Newcastle had white shorts on to avoid a clash with Sheffield Uniteds black ones.

_42776009_ab6.jpg

logo.png

Has DC United always have all white kits on the road before?

fullj.getty-73799571dp009_d_c_united_v__5_22_51_pm.jpg

fullj.getty-73799571dp007_d_c_united_v__5_22_35_pm.jpg

Also very much liking the Rapids kits more and more.

Why does number 5 on the rapids have a jersey with short sleves while all of his team mates have long sleeves?

In soccer, like most sports around the world, players have a choice for long sleeves or short sleeves. Soccer, Aussie Rules, Rugby used to I think, Cricket (also have a 3/4 sleeve option), theres probally a few more.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

that being said, anyone have pictures from the other games? specifically Real ? i want to see how the Xango shirts look. thanks.

capt.74624a9b4ee2405bbaf0a994516ad678.mls_fc_dallas_real_salt_lake_soccer_rsl105.jpg

capt.9e919bae5f54481695ba91cb46baf2fc.mls_fc_dallas_real_salt_lake_soccer_rsl101.jpg

More pics from the United/Rapids game.

fullj.getty-73799571dp012_d_c_united_v__6_39_39_pm.jpg

fullj.getty-73799571dp014_d_c_united_v__6_58_29_pm.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

capt.74624a9b4ee2405bbaf0a994516ad678.mls_fc_dallas_real_salt_lake_soccer_rsl105.jpg

capt.9e919bae5f54481695ba91cb46baf2fc.mls_fc_dallas_real_salt_lake_soccer_rsl101.jpg

More pics from the United/Rapids game.

fullj.getty-73799571dp012_d_c_united_v__6_39_39_pm.jpg

fullj.getty-73799571dp014_d_c_united_v__6_58_29_pm.jpg

Seems like every MLS team looks big league European this season, which is very nice IMO. I watched the Chivas/Toronto game last night, and really liked the electronic powerbar they had on the sideline. From a pure visual aspect ,it was almost like the game was being palyed somewhere outside of America.

Juventus.png

....grey , dreary skies part of the Arsenal partnership?

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

Archived