Pacman Jones

Broken Record

Much too lenient. To be honest, he should have been banned for life when his first police problems hit, while he was at West Virginia.

Just to be fair, Ben Roethlisberger would have been banned as well before this year, as would Ray Lewis in 2000.

Just of our curiosity, what exactly is the threshold for banishment under your standards?
Very simple. One strike, you're out -- any police action against you (an arrest, a conviction), would cause your banishment.

Note, I'm not saying you need to be an NFL player to be banned by the NFL -- if you commit the crime while in college or high school, then you should be banned just the same.

LvZYtbZ.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Much too lenient. To be honest, he should have been banned for life when his first police problems hit, while he was at West Virginia.

Just to be fair, Ben Roethlisberger would have been banned as well before this year, as would Ray Lewis in 2000.

Just of our curiosity, what exactly is the threshold for banishment under your standards?
Very simple. One strike, you're out -- any police action against you (an arrest, a conviction), would cause your banishment.

Note, I'm not saying you need to be an NFL player to be banned by the NFL -- if you commit the crime while in college or high school, then you should be banned just the same.

Fortunately, willmorris' Amerika only exists in South Jersey.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Fortunately, willmorris' Amerika only exists in South Jersey his own mind.

Fixed that for you.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

You do realize that people are occasionally arrested when they are not, in fact, guilty of any crime, right? Should a player in that situation really be banned for life, because that is what you are saying?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

You do realize that people are occasionally arrested when they are not, in fact, guilty of any crime, right? Should a player in that situation really be banned for life, because that is what you are saying?

think.GIF

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The opinions of willmorris do not represent those of the residents of the Delaware Valley.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd love that rule! We'd have the Nashville police arrest Peyton Manning the day he came into town for loitering in the lobby of the team hotel. 45 minutes later, they could just say "my bad!" and let him go. No harm done, except for one career ruined.

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... hack hack cough cough... hahahahahahahahahaha

I'd love that rule! We'd have the Nashville police arrest Peyton Manning the day he came into town for loitering in the lobby of the team hotel. 45 minutes later, they could just say "my bad!" and let him go. No harm done, except for one career ruined.

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... hack hack cough cough... hahahahahahahahahaha

Where is that "Post of the Day" ribbon when you need it?

Oh, well. I'll just go with this in the meantime. :notworthy:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

In other words, playing football at any level should make one super-human and therefore above making mistakes in their personal lives (which have nothing to do with football)...

... yea... whatever...

Here's to hoping your job starts holding you to that same standard, upon which you happen to "fit the description" of a carjacker in New Jersey...

And that is not just football players. If a fan has a criminal record, he/she can forget about attending the games. In fact, lets interrupt the cable feed to their home so they can't even watch on TV. Based on evaluations from their NFL assigned parole officer, good behavior will be rewarded with the ability to listen to the games broadcast on the radio.

:D

And that is not just football players. If a fan has a criminal record, he/she can forget about attending the games. In fact, lets interrupt the cable feed to their home so they can't even watch on TV. Based on evaluations from their NFL assigned parole officer, good behavior will be rewarded with the ability to listen to the games broadcast on the radio.

:D

Unless Marv Albert is the play-by-play man.

You know, willmorris, I'm not a religious man by any stretch, but chances are, with that holier-than-Jebus attitude of yours, you are. Now apparently, in this bible thing people keep telling me I need to read to find Jebus (I guess he's like Waldo), there's a passage about "he who is without sin casting the first stone."

In other words, until you've lived a life where you've turned in every wallet you've ever found without rifling through it for cash first, never lusted after a woman, never done anything wrong ever, shut the :censored: up you pompous windbag.

Besides, if you really want to stop the potential of a pro athlete ever doing anything illegal, you'd abort them in the 2nd trimester, amiritefolks? Oh, I forgot, the holier-than-thous are pro-life. [/sarcasm]

Just shut up.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Where is that "Post of the Day" ribbon when you need it?

Oh, well. I'll just go with this in the meantime. :notworthy:

Update your bookmarks, folks!

postofday.png

In other words, playing football at any level should make one super-human and therefore above making mistakes in their personal lives (which have nothing to do with football)...

... yea... whatever...

Here's to hoping your job starts holding you to that same standard, upon which you happen to "fit the description" of a carjacker in New Jersey...

In a telling sign of the shallowness depth of the aforementioned opinion, Mike Greenberg called the "One Strike and You're Out" idea the sign of the mental capacity of a complete moron.

Just saying...

Just as a follow-up, I heard Peter King on ESPN radio say that the Pacman suspension had nothing to do with the pending investigation of the Vegas incident. They were already investigating him and considering potential punishments.

Since the Vegas incident is still being investigated, the NFL left it out of their deliberations.

What this potentially means is very interesting to me - Since that shooting is considered a separate incident, if Pacman is charged in Vegas, he might be suspended for all or part of 2008 as well.

• 2 months later...

BUMP

Oh the things you can do with the custom jersey maker on the nfl store site...

makeitrain.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived