Sox jersey on eBay

Chazberg

I wouldn't necessarily say "Fake," but I would say "Unfortunate run-in with the Clorox."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't know what the deal is with the MLB logo, but the AL centennial patch is sewn on backwards.

No it's not. It seems like it is gold and white with red accents. I don't know if the Sox ever wore a patch with that particular configuration, i wouldn't call it fake yet until more research is done...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I don't know what the deal is with the MLB logo, but the AL centennial patch is sewn on backwards.

No it's not. It seems like it is gold and white with red accents. I don't know if the Sox ever wore a patch with that particular configuration, i wouldn't call it fake yet until more research is done...

Pretty sure it's backwards - you can see the type is reversed.

I disagree. The "100 Seasons" on the top seems not to be reversed.

Anyway, if you go to the seller's other auctions, you'll see a couple of nice things, but a lot of phony things.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Anyway, if you go to the seller's other auctions, you'll see a couple of nice things, but a lot of phony things.

I disagree with your disagreement! If you look at the close-up on the right, where the two patches are side by side, it looks reversed.

There is, however, the unfortunate issue with all the pink accents. Did they actually do this for a "brest cancer game" or something? Anyway, this is certainly weird. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

EDIT: nevermind, I disagree with my previous disagreement of your disagreement. I was looking at it upside down. Whoops!

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I disagree with your disagreement! If you look at the close-up on the right, where the two patches are side by side, it looks reversed.

There is, however, the unfortunate issue with all the pink accents. Did they actually do this for a "brest cancer game" or something? Anyway, this is certainly weird. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

EDIT: nevermind, I disagree with my previous disagreement of your disagreement. I was looking at it upside down. Whoops!

I agree with your disagreement of your previous disagrement of my disagreement.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I wouldn't necessarily say "Fake," but I would say "Unfortunate run-in with the Clorox."

I agree. I used to use bleach when i washed my white jerseys, and that happened to the patches. Strange the Comiskey Park one didn't have the same fate though, unless it was replaced.

Then again the 100th year patch would be on either a Rawlings or a Russel jersey. And the same seller has a Coffey Whaler's jersey? And has fashion jerseys listed as "authentic."

No benefit of the doubt - add this one to the scavenger hunt!

In this actual time, no Majestic jersey exists yet.

And the AL Centennial patch was gold, blue and red. Always.

The MLB back logo started to appear around 2002 or 2003.

PS: I never saw anything in backwards.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if that patch is to celebrate the opening of New Comiskey, now US Cellular Field, it wouldn't overlap with the American League's Centennial because the Cell opened in 1991 and the AL's 100th anniversary was in 2001.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

In this actual time, no Majestic jersey exists yet.

And the AL Centennial patch was gold, blue and red. Always.

The MLB back logo started to appear around 2002 or 2003.

Magestic outfitted the Sox since 2000 and the MLB logo appeared starting in 2000

I agree. I used to use bleach when i washed my white jerseys, and that happened to the patches. Strange the Comiskey Park one didn't have the same fate though, unless it was replaced.

Then again the 100th year patch would be on either a Rawlings or a Russel jersey. And the same seller has a Coffey Whaler's jersey? And has fashion jerseys listed as "authentic."

No benefit of the doubt - add this one to the scavenger hunt!

Authentic?

r6coffey.JPG

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if that patch is to celebrate the opening of New Comiskey, now US Cellular Field, it wouldn't overlap with the American League's Centennial because the Cell opened in 1991 and the AL's 100th anniversary was in 2001.

close, but no cigar. the Comiskey logo was essentially an alternate patch, seemed like they had it on their sleeve from the day they moved into new Comiskey til they sold the naming rights. And until the name was changed, the faux vest always had that logo. (at the time, the "vests" were faux like the Angels vests. a couple years ago they changed to real vests) the alt blacks and road grays never used the stadium logo.

CWS_757.gif

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Yeah, I have a black Konerko jersey I bought in 2001 that has the AL 100/charter member patch, and it's made by Majestic with the MLB logo patch. I believe 2000 was the first year they started that, as someone else said. In 2001 the jerseys all had the MLB patch until 9/11, then they switched to the American flag patch for the rest of the year.

And like Discrim said, they wore the Comiskey patch on the home white jerseys 'til they sold the name.

I'm starting to think it really is a bleach issue, because everything else on the jersey wouldn't be effected since it's all black white and gray. Tha AL and MLB patches are the only ones that have color.

You're right -- it's upside down, not backwards. It kind of reminded me of what the back of some patches look like, with reversed colors and all. It's so weird that I couldn't orient myself properly.

Now if I could only figure out why those white vans with the sirens say "ECNALUBMA" on their hoods. What the heck is an ecnalubma, and why are they always in such a hurry?

20082614447.png

• LMU locked this topic

Archived