Colorado Rockies Concept

speedy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quality work, Speedy!

I opened the C up on mine just a tad, too.

Actually, instead of tracing the flag exactly I just eyeballed it, used a couple exact circles and hacked them to pieces.

Great concept though, I could see them using it, for sure!

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Yeah, it's obviously inspired by St. Patty's awesome Avs logo, but imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

I also noticed that this Rockies logo bares a resemblance to the XFL's Chicago Enforcers:

351px-Chicago_Enforcers_Logo.svg.png

Good call, and extra hilarity points for referenceing the XFL :D

thats a good observation

it's not a rip off of anything...

i love it. only problem i see is the pacman problem... and the reason i think that's so common is the similarity between the purple and black. perhaps if the black stayed black, but the mountain turned purple, and the sky grey?

that might help.

either way, it's quite well done. better than anything the team currently uses.

The "C" is just like the one one the State of Colorado Flag -

colorado.gif

which also was used by the original Colorado Rockies Hockey team when they were in Denver in the early 1980s - still, a very like logo.

ColoradoC.gif

ColoradoRockies1976.gif

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

• 2 weeks later...

Big improvement - it looks like a C now instead of Pac Man. The white ball seems to get a little lost in the white background though, so for the BP jersey I'd go with either the purple mountains/black sky or black mountains/purple sky.

stoneraizersig.jpg

It's coming along very nicely.

For visibility purposes, why not go with a silver/gray sky on the BP logo? It would make the ball stand out.

The white ball seems to get a little lost in the white background though, so for the BP jersey I'd go with either the purple mountains/black sky or black mountains/purple sky.

O beautiful for spacious skies,

For amber waves of grain,

For purple mountain majesties

Above the fruited plain!

America! America!

God shed his grace on thee

And crown thy good with brotherhood

From sea to shining sea!

They chose purple for a reason, folks...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Some updates:

RockiesLogos.png

And on the Batting Practice jersey.

RockiesBPJersey.png

I'd go with, especially on the black hat and jersey, a silver 'C' and make the outter trim (not the black) white. The ball would not blend so much into the rest of the 'C', yet the C itself would not be too dark that it would blend into the black hat/jersey. And although you only see a 17, two numerals not really justifiable of an entire numeral set, but I'm kinda liking it and wouldn't mind seeing how the rest of the digits look. Plus, it'd be cool to see some the logos on a purple background. Great Work! :D

And although you only see a 17, two numerals not really justifiable of an entire numeral set, but I'm kinda liking it and wouldn't mind seeing how the rest of the digits look.

If you want to see the whole number set, find the Arizona Cardinals' team picture. At least that's my suspicion... am I right, speedy?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

And although you only see a 17, two numerals not really justifiable of an entire numeral set, but I'm kinda liking it and wouldn't mind seeing how the rest of the digits look.

If you want to see the whole number set, find the Arizona Cardinals' team picture. At least that's my suspicion... am I right, speedy?

Yes sir, with a few more curvatures. Is that even a word? Sounds like one, so I'll go with it.

Some updates:

RockiesLogos.png

Big improvement. Bottom right, anyway. You really need high contrast between the mountain and sky elements, and since the purple represents the mountains anyway.

I could see the bottom right one as the cap logo on black or purple caps. Big improvement over the CR logo, though I'd prefer to see a cap logo that wasn't so baseball-specific. I'm of the mind that teams should have cap logos that can stand alone as symbols of the city without referencing the specific team. But this would still be an improvement over the current caps. This could even be a good jersey logo, both home and away.

20082614447.png

Top left version w/ purple mountains works the best and helps that ball stand out better than the bottom two versions. The tope right version with the black mountains is second. Solid work!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I don't mean to be picky here, but the non perfect lines for a circle were the first thing I saw, it is driving me crazy. Can you redo a circle in Illustrator so it is perfectly smooth? The devil is in the details...

Good concept though. Even though I think Colorado has one of the worst state flags ever and the idea of everyone using it as inspiration is funny to me.

Good concept though. Even though I think Colorado has one of the worst state flags ever and the idea of everyone using it as inspiration is funny to me.

Slightly off topic, but I am intrigued: what would you consider to be a good state flag? The vast majority of states use their state seal (or a modified version thereof) on a single colored background, and they're boring as hell. Aside from Maryland, Colorado and Arizona, there really aren't a lot of flags that you'd notice and say, "That's a kickass state flag!" (I am excluding Texas and California, since those flags were designed as national flags IIRC.)

2007nleastchamps.png

Archived