The evolution of an artichoke....

Tribein05

Nah, '72 is the best logo. It's brilliant to take a run-of-the-mill anthropomorphic mascot logo and make it without human facial features. It's actually a giant artichoke with arms and legs. Creepy and beautiful and totally filled with school spirit and also completely subversive of everything it stands for. Plus it avoids the cannibalism issues implicit anytime you put mouths on anthropomorphic food. ("In Soviet Russia, artichoke eats you!")

The other logos in the series are just boring anthropomorphic mascot logos. The '72 original is a work of genius.

Also, the current one scans nicely, but on closer look it's got way too much complexity going on with colors and shading. Looks more like a walking ball of green flame than an artichoke. This is a case where something simpler, more like The Onion's little onion logo, would be in order.

20082614447.png

As a fan and student of arch-rival Mesa Community College (Go Thunderbirds!), I have nothing to say on this matter.

well just think in Football GCC is all that matters 2005 National Champs. As far as the Artichokes, I think Artie looks good now, but i'd say lets give him a flag to hold in one of them arms. I think alot of the schools in the Maricopa and Arizona have great names that are both unique and traditional, the Bears of Phoenix, the Diablos of Glendale, the Thunderbirds of Mesa and the Artichokes of Scottsdale

The '72 original is a work of genius.

Except for the fact that the '72 artichoke appears to be standing in a puddle of it's own urine. :P

Dude, vegetables don't pee. Duh. :P

I'll grant that the logo, as a whole, has some flaws. I mean, what is up with that thought-bubble trail that apparently leads to a pickle? But just considering the anthropomorphic artichoke portion of the various logos, the '72 one is the only one that isn't totally generic.

20082614447.png

I remember voting for the new logo a while ago. The one I voted for was similar to the 2000 logo. It appears that the new artichoke's shoes are untied. Also, why would an artichoke wear spikes?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived