York Revolution unveils uniforms

TBGKon

Revolution home and alternate uniforms unveiled

york-Home-and-Alternate-Uni.jpg

With just over 48 hours until the first-ever York Revolution game in Bridgeport, CT, the club unveiled their home and alternate uniforms on Wednesday, while the road uniforms will be introduced during Thursday's workout and media day at York College.

The home white jerseys feature "Revolution," written in continental navy cursive, which is slightly slanted across the chest. The jerseys are trimmed in continental navy, sergeant's red and silver, and include a number below the front left chest and on the back. White pants, trimmed in silver, will be worn with the home jerseys. A continental navy cap, featuring an eagle head holding a baseball, which is peaking out of a Capital "Y," will be worn at home. The home jerseys will feature each player's last name on the back, the only Atlantic League uniform that does so.

The alternate jersey will be worn during most Sunday home games, neutral site games in Camden and various other games throughout the inaugural season. The sergeant's red jersey, with white on the sides, has the "Revolution" word mark written straight across the chest in white lettering, which is outlined in continental navy and silver. A red cap, featuring the same eagle head and "Y," will be primarily worn with the alternate jerseys.

The road jerseys, which will be unveiled during Thursday's workout and media day, are grey, with continental navy on the sides, and feature "York" written across the chest, in continental navy block lettering, which is outlined in brass. Navy and brass stars are on either side of "York." The jersey's and grey pants are trimmed in brass. The navy cap will be primarily worn on the road.

All three jerseys will have the Atlantic League Tenth Anniversary patch on one sleeve, with the Revolution primary logo on the other. Players will wear sergeant's red or continental navy socks and belts with all three uniforms, which were produced by Rawlings. The hats were manufactured by New Era.

York will wear their home white uniforms for the first time ever during the inaugural game at Sovereign Bank Stadium on June 15. The alternate, red jerseys will be worn during the 11 neutral site games in Camden, while the grey uniforms will be worn strictly during road games.

The Revolution will also wear special jerseys during at least seven home games in 2007, which will be auctioned off for charity. During six "War of the Roses" games against Lancaster, the Revolution will wear vintage 1955 York White Roses jerseys. For the August 2 game, York will wear special purple jerseys as part of Big Brothers and Big Sisters Night at the ballpark.

Not too shabby if I might say so myself.

Very nice and clean. I like the block font on the alts.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know why they're playing so many neutral site games in Camden at the beginning of the year? I can understand the ones against the Road Warriors, but against Long Island?

philly.png

Very nice and clean. I like the block font on the alts.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know why they're playing so many neutral site games in Camden at the beginning of the year? I can understand the ones against the Road Warriors, but against Long Island?

I think I had read somewhere that their ballpark is not yet completed.

I'm all about the white home jersey - really, really nice, a classy and classic look. But I don't get the red alt at all. Save that kind of stuff for BP and the Japanese leagues.

That number font reminds me of the scoreboards in Contestant's Row on The Price is right.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm all about the white home jersey - really, really nice, a classy and classic look. But I don't get the red alt at all. Save that kind of stuff for BP and the Japanese leagues.

That number font reminds me of the scoreboards in Contestant's Row on The Price is right.

Agreed. It is especially odd to see such a sharp contrast in styles between the primary home and the alt. The primary is simple and looks classic, while the alt is ultramodern and features a pretty futuristic wordmark and number font. I'm not sure why they felt the need to have such different looks.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Revolution home and alternate uniforms unveiled

york-Home-and-Alternate-Uni.jpg

With just over 48 hours until the first-ever York Revolution game in Bridgeport, CT, the club unveiled their home and alternate uniforms on Wednesday, while the road uniforms will be introduced during Thursday's workout and media day at York College.

The home white jerseys feature "Revolution," written in continental navy cursive, which is slightly slanted across the chest. The jerseys are trimmed in continental navy, sergeant's red and silver, and include a number below the front left chest and on the back. White pants, trimmed in silver, will be worn with the home jerseys. A continental navy cap, featuring an eagle head holding a baseball, which is peaking out of a Capital "Y," will be worn at home. The home jerseys will feature each player's last name on the back, the only Atlantic League uniform that does so.

The alternate jersey will be worn during most Sunday home games, neutral site games in Camden and various other games throughout the inaugural season. The sergeant's red jersey, with white on the sides, has the "Revolution" word mark written straight across the chest in white lettering, which is outlined in continental navy and silver. A red cap, featuring the same eagle head and "Y," will be primarily worn with the alternate jerseys.

The road jerseys, which will be unveiled during Thursday's workout and media day, are grey, with continental navy on the sides, and feature "York" written across the chest, in continental navy block lettering, which is outlined in brass. Navy and brass stars are on either side of "York." The jersey's and grey pants are trimmed in brass. The navy cap will be primarily worn on the road.

All three jerseys will have the Atlantic League Tenth Anniversary patch on one sleeve, with the Revolution primary logo on the other. Players will wear sergeant's red or continental navy socks and belts with all three uniforms, which were produced by Rawlings. The hats were manufactured by New Era.

York will wear their home white uniforms for the first time ever during the inaugural game at Sovereign Bank Stadium on June 15. The alternate, red jerseys will be worn during the 11 neutral site games in Camden, while the grey uniforms will be worn strictly during road games.

The Revolution will also wear special jerseys during at least seven home games in 2007, which will be auctioned off for charity. During six "War of the Roses" games against Lancaster, the Revolution will wear vintage 1955 York White Roses jerseys. For the August 2 game, York will wear special purple jerseys as part of Big Brothers and Big Sisters Night at the ballpark.

Not too shabby if I might say so myself.

Is it just me but the red alternate reminds me of the Denver Broncos jerseys??? I like the white version more.

Hopefully the road jersey will be more like the home, 'cause that one is beautiful. I don't like the red alt though. The white armpit sections remind me of something one would see in Japanese ball, and the numbers remind me of the Dutch World Cup mishap.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

I like the wordmark on the alternate jersey, and not much else about it. If you were to bring that wordmark to the home jersey, that would be just about perfect.

Don't like the number font or the white sidewalls on the alternate jersey. Also, is it a combination of knit and mesh?

Like the fact that the homes use block numbers.

Overall grade C.

Isn't it odd that the Revolution have red jerseys? The redcoats were the guys trying to kill the rebels.

Unless they were the "Revolucion", in which red might be a somewhat appropriate colour.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Isn't it odd that the Revolution have red jerseys? The redcoats were the guys trying to kill the rebels.

Unless they were the "Revolucion", in which red might be a somewhat appropriate colour.

We've gone over this with the Patriots.

Personally, I don't see it. The Founders obviously didn't have a problem with the red, or they wouldn't have put it so prominently on our flag.

Besides, the British Navy wore blue as well, and it's not like they weren't trying to "kill the rebels"....

We've gone over this with the Patriots.

Personally, I don't see it. The Founders obviously didn't have a problem with the red, or they wouldn't have put it so prominently on our flag.

Besides, the British Navy wore blue as well, and it's not like they weren't trying to "kill the rebels"....

It's different for the Patriots, because their name could be construed to mean either side (and, at the time of the Revolution, would probably have been more associated with Loyalism than anything).

These guys are unmistakeably referring to the Revolution era, and while the name does not indicate support for either side (merely drawing on the actual event), there is only one side that actually wanted that event to take place, right?

The only reason the Founders put red on the flag is because back then, they didn't know you could put other colours on a flag. See: France, Russia, England... :)

And the British Navy? The deciding battles for the American Revolution were fought primarily on land, and the prominence of the "redcoat" moniker representing British forces cannot be ignored.

I still say put "Revolución" on the away jersey and call it a day.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

i like the white jersey. the red jersey would have been better with all red...no white stripes as mentioned.

what i don't like is their hats. i think the logo is pretty sorry looking on their hats.

my hometown team, the lancaster barnstormers will be getting alternate hats in the next month or so. gonna be red as well. they didn't want to spend the money on going with New Era, so they went with Zephyr flex fits. still better than Twins IMO.

My Korean baseball website [MyKBO.net]

those are nice, i cant wait till the So MD Blue Crabs get their stuff together, the land for the new ballpark is clearing out nicely. hopefully next year theyll play some ball. i wanna see what they come up with for unis.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived