Manchester United concept

Dave Ship

I had this uniform concept in my mind for a long time but never had time to finish'em. Now it's time to show off the world how I would like to see the Red Devils wear the next season.

I mainly worked out on the front view. I used very thin shapes such as cuts to define the shoulders and abdominal of the jersey, linked by a seams of the same color. Also, my intention was to well integrate the lines between jersey and shorts like a one whole piece. The seams are very detailed to give at the look an aggressive and proud style.

The socks reclaim of the main design.

Moved up the Nike logo on the shorts and added one of'em at the back to give more visibility to the brand.

The logo has got a double version of the background, depending on which kit it's putted on. I removed that horrible shape which contain the original logo, though.

I tried to work on the AIG logo but seems the best solution is still with that weird box.

I kept the color scheme of their current Premier League away kit because it really works well to me.

I decided to use the black on the Champion's League kit because when i think about Man. Utd. in the past seasons, the black always came to my mind. I can't figured Eric "The King" Cantona with a different color. Black is aggressive, intimidate the other players, it reminds to me the age of knights and so on.

manutdlv0.jpg

I would change all of the white and red trim on the home shirt and shorts to gold so that all the shorts are interchangeable. Same for the socks.

Regardless, this is a very nice concept. Well done!

Perfect for Man U. Very clean and sharp concept overall...love the stripe detail. Top notch!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

nothing against your concept because i enjoy all your well executed designs but more of a question on most soccer uniforms i see, why is the corporate logo ie AIG more front and center than the team logo which is minimalized to a point you can't see it? if i wasn't told this was manchester united because i don't know a single thing about MU or any thing related to soccer, i would have thought this was a AIG corporate crossover. again nothing against your concept which executed quite nicely, i'm not going to criticize the concept which in my opinion looks flawless.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

not much to say because i dont know soccer kits that well, but one question. Is the mark on the toe of the socks really neccesary? who really sees that part of the sock. not complaining, because this looks good to my untrained eye, just curious about that detail.

Here we go with some replies:

davidson: you're right. Updated. Thanks!

Coast2CoastAM2006: you should make this question to history. I've no idea why soccer look develop in this way. Maybe because that's the most earning opportunity just later the TV's contracts. Ask this to the first club who decide to make a sponsorship about 40 years ago. I was going to ask you all the same thing about American sports. Why don't they have sponsor logos on their kits?

eRay: honestly there's not a real meaning. Just looks better with that mark, however you can't see that in action. I know other brands do that so it's not completely insane, though.

UPDATE

manutd2ua1.jpg

I love the Red's concept man, except one thing: I am one of those who thinks it would look better if they just went with the bird and not the whole badge, but that's just me. Everything else looks fantastic though!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived