Patriots Concept

patsox

Here it is. I dropped silver, gave them something a tad more original and even more modern than what they have. I think it has more flow to it than their current uniforms and I hope you like it. Questions, concerns, C+C all welcome and appreciated.

--Brian

USAConcept.png

I see two shads of blue on the helmet -- one on the shell, one on the logo's cap. Not a fan of the stars being hidden by the underarms.

This... eh, at best. Which I guess means that this is the best concept you've done to date.

philly.png

i can understand everything considering it is a sloppy concept..but the one thing im really having trouble with is the facemask

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Tell me what's so sloppy and I'll do my best to fix it.

anytime you do anything with paint its going to look alot sloppier

Except for the people that take their time, and avoid making it a 5-15 minute job.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The numbers are different sizes, and take a long look at the helmet. Take more time man, this would look decent if you took more time, but I agree from above, too flashy and they look like Pro Bowl jerseys.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Once again, don't lump all of us MS Paint users in with Patsox. Those of us who take our time and are willing to improve our skills within our program of choice can put out some pretty decent stuff.

Here's my fantasy WFA team's uniform I did in MS Paint:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/IC79.../WFAunisHL6.png

Now I know it isn't going to win Concept of the Year, but it's a perfect contrast to the sloppy rush-job we see here.

So again, to everyone, please don't lump all MS Paint users in with Patsox#1. It's an insult to those of us who work hard to improve our skills.

I see 10 sloppy things:

PatsoxsPatsConcept.png

1. There are white/grey areas surrounding the edge of the helmet.

2. You didn't even finnish the right half of the helmet.

3. The red pant stripe disappears for no reason.

4. This stipe I circled is way thinner than the one on the other leg.

5. Again, the stripe gets thinner.

6&7. This is what really ticks me off. Even though it's a small 'mistkake' visually. It's a huge one mentally. I mean come on man, it takes you one click of the mouse to fill in each of these spots. There is really no excuse for this.

8. The shoulder stripe looks like you were on a caffine high when you drew it, it's all splotchy and doesn't match the other one.

9. There are two white dips in the collar stripe.

10. The black outline on the sleeve disappeared.

There may be others, but these are the major ones I realized.

Once again, don't lump all of us MS Paint users in with Patsox.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/IC79.../WFAunisHL6.png

So again, to everyone, please don't lump all MS Paint users in with Patsox#1. It's an insult to those of us who work hard to improve our skills.

Now a normal person would say, "Wow, you did that in paint!?! :shocked: "

He took his time, and it pays off.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

It's not a big deal to me that his work is sloppy. Unless it's really sloppy, and we've all seen worse. Sure, a beautifully rendered concept is much nicer. But I get the basic gist of what his concept is.

Sometimes actually, I feel like people that have amazingly drawn concepts get a lot of positive feedback, even though IMO the concept itself isn't a good uniform or whatever. I usually choose not to say anything in those cases out of respect for the work that went into it.

Anyway, all that being said, taking your concept for what you intended it to look like, art skills aside...

- I like the blue helmet. Silver was a marketing/fad color. Or as Bill Parcells said back in 1993, "hot".

- I'm not a fan of the jersey panel stripes, and these are particularly wide. On the homes, the jersey panel color doesn't match the pants stripe, and on the away unis, those big red stripes all the way up and down looks tacky. I think the Patriots deserve a classier uniform. These remind me of the current Bills, and that is not a good thing.

- As others pointed out, the stars on the sleeves will be hidden on the uniform with that placement. Try them facing out. Lose the Falcons striping. Why not flip the colors around to match the logo: white star on a blue background, with 1 or 2 red stripes (UCLA style maybe?). That happens to match our national flag color pattern, too.

- Lose the watermark, it's muddying up what you're doing.

Guest darkpiranha

So I'm confused now. When someone posts their hand-drawn sketch it's okay, and everyone starts taking that sketch and producing it in illustrator for him (without him having to lift a finger), but when someone else (someone who apparently people on this site already have a pre-existing contempt for) posts a not-as-polished concept done with Paint, they get completely ripped apart.

You guys need to make up your minds. Either it's okay to post in-progress/rough designs/hand-drawn sketches, or everything HAS to be in its pristine, no-mistakes, hours-spent-on-it form.

You know, if I get an idea for something, I'd like to be able to quickly throw my idea together and post it for feedback. But I'd be far less likely to if it means I'm going to be ripped apart for not spending as much time on it as some people think I should have.

OR... is this all about the fact that all of you hate patsox for some reason (I have no idea of his history, so forgive me if he has a history of being a flamer or for posting the types of overly nitpicky comments everyone else in this thread is posting)

So I'm confused now. When someone posts their hand-drawn sketch it's okay, and everyone starts taking that sketch and producing it in illustrator for him (without him having to lift a finger), but when someone else (someone who apparently people on this site already have a pre-existing contempt for) posts a not-as-polished concept done with Paint, they get completely ripped apart.

You guys need to make up your minds. Either it's okay to post in-progress/rough designs/hand-drawn sketches, or everything HAS to be in its pristine, no-mistakes, hours-spent-on-it form.

You know, if I get an idea for something, I'd like to be able to quickly throw my idea together and post it for feedback. But I'd be far less likely to if it means I'm going to be ripped apart for not spending as much time on it as some people think I should have.

OR... is this all about the fact that all of you hate patsox for some reason (I have no idea of his history, so forgive me if he has a history of being a flamer or for posting the types of overly nitpicky comments everyone else in this thread is posting)

Listen, a sketch (especially many of them posted on here) can take hours. It's a lot of time and effort and most great logo designs start with a sketch. What we have here is someone using a computer program to make an uninspired and obviously sloppy design. Sketches are not sloppy, they're in an early stage of design.

The pre-existing contempt you are referring to is patsox's undeniable ability to get 50+ posts telling him to clean up his work while he makes no effort to do so. The last logo I posted received TWO posts. Two. This thread already has 18 without my post. I would also like to point out that there are plenty of other designers posting in the concepts forum who have more potential and therefore deserve more help on there work. We've tried to help patsox (See his U.S. Presidents project) but it won't take.

Not trying to sound rude or directing anything at you, it's just what I think.

Archived