Spurs Jerseys

RyanMcD29

Ok, there's always another way of blasting a guy like Andrew about his San Antonio "THUGS" quotes....

Phoenix_Sucs_logo-1.png

Win.

But yeah, Andrew that's getting a little bit out of control. I understand you don't like the Spurs, but they won the championship, y'all didn't...Better luck next year, gang. :grin:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The jerseys are wrong. The S, P and R should be a T, H and G, respectively.

I'd like to take this opportunity to swing this "San Antonio Thugs" mock-logo jokery into a more serious conversation about the term "thug" and its racist connotation.

Assuming his use of "thug" was indirectly calling out the black race...isn't THAT racist?

No, clown. The comment was based on another similar thread which quickly got sidetracked into a thug-is-racist debate.

i wish i could find a pic, but does anyone remember the "2nd" home jerseys for the spurs in 2000 that had turquoise numbers and wordmark with grey trim?

i remember i had a bball card of Timmy with em, maybe i'll try to find it and scan 'er

EDIT: i found it:

duncan2000rr1.jpg

I've never seen those, did they ever wear them during a game?

i wish i could find a pic, but does anyone remember the "2nd" home jerseys for the spurs in 2000 that had turquoise numbers and wordmark with grey trim?

i remember i had a bball card of Timmy with em, maybe i'll try to find it and scan 'er

EDIT: i found it:

duncan2000rr1.jpg

I've never seen those, did they ever wear them during a game?

Never happened. Probably a Photoshop job.

What about the silver alternates that they had a few years back?

Those were throwbacks from their ABA days, worn on saturday home games a couple years ago.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I know those. But this was a few years back. They were alternates, not throwbacks.

These WERE throwbacks 'cause I have the dates for when those were worn during the Hardwood Classics during the 2002-2003 season, I believe.

Huh. I could've swore they had alternates.

What ever happened to the mavs silver alternates?

Those were ditched after they got killed by the lakers in the opening gamea few years back. They would later be dubbed the "Hefty Bag" jerseys. They were really bad looking, if i remember correctly.

They were bad looking. I have searched for pictures, nothing really clear comes up. As I remember they were the same style, just MAVERICKS as a wordmark.

You can do a Getty Images search for "Lakers" on "28-Oct-2003" for a full gallery:

2675789xz8.jpg

2675947kk4.jpg

2701302ge5.jpg

2701305xl5.jpg

2717060kz0.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived