2007 NBA Draft Thread

nyk

Everything dealing with the NBA Draft goes here

*Who Would you take #1? Greg Oden or Kevin Durant

*Who would you like your favorite team to draft?

*Where will the Florida players end up?

*Who will go #3 to Atlanta?

*Where would you like your favorite college or foreign player to go?

*What possible trade are you hearing?

Less than 48 hours till The Portland Trail Blazers are offically on the clock and the NBA Draft begins

So Lets Start Talking....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything dealing with the NBA Draft goes here

*Who Would you take #1? Greg Oden or Kevin Garnett

Less than 48 hours till The Portland Trail Blazers are offically on the clock and the NBA Draft begins

So Lets Start Talking....

1) Greg Oden, although Garnett is tempting. Oden just has way too much upside. If you meant Durant, than I'd still take Oden.

2) If the Wizards could land Nick Young I'd be thrilled, I think Derrick Byars is more realistic though. Jason Smith is also a possibility.

3) Horford goes to Atlanta, Brewer goes to Milwaukee, and Noah will go to Phoenix after Sacramento trades down from the #10 spot.

4) At the end of the day, I think it will be Horford. I really wouldn't be shocked if they went with Conley though.

5) With my favorite college player, Roy Hibbert, staying put I guess my second favorite is Derrick Byars so I guess I'd like to see him in a Wizards uniform.

6) I've heard Zach Randolph going to Chicago for the #9 and P.J. Brown which I understand for Chicago but I don't really get for Portland unless they're really high on Julian Wright or something. I've also heard Denver might ship Camby to Washington for cap help which I'd love but I'm pretty sure other teams could offer a more attractive package. As far as anything involving KG, the Suns, or Kobe I'm pretty sure everyone has more or less heard the same thing.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

*Who Would you take #1? Personally, I'd rather be picking #2. I'd probably be pressured into getting Oden if I was number one.

*Who would you like your favorite team to draft? My team has no draft picks. At all.

*Who will go #3 to Atlanta? Al Horford

*Where would you like your favorite college or foreign player to go? Top ten. It should go Horford, Brewer, Noah between the three but I think Noah goes before Brewer.

*What possible trade are you hearing? Other than the Garnett trade talks, none really.

IUe6Hvh.png

*Who Would you take #1? Greg Oden

*Who would you like your favorite team to draft? I want the Bulls to take the Chinese player, but he'll probably be gone by then.

*Who will go #3 to Atlanta? Probably Horford, but I think they would be better with Conley.

*Where would you like your favorite college or foreign player to go? Nobody from Illinois will probably be drafted, so I don't really care about anyone personally.

*What possible trade are you hearing? None other than KG.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

-Kevin Durant. I think he will have a better career

-hmm..tough call, of course the Sonics wont have a choice. Either way theyre well off. I think Oden will have better first years, but Durant will have a better career.

I think Durant has the better potential.

Being a Sonics fan, we win with either of the two. Although it would NOT surprise me if they picked some foreign center.

I don't really care.

See answer to above question.

I'm a big fan of Nick Fazekas, but that's because he was on my fantasy team (shameless plug for NCFA basketball). I'd love to see him anywhere in the NBA.

Luke Ridnour to Atlanta for the #11 pick. Would be interesting if they pull it off...who's projected to go at #11?

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Word on the street is that there's probably gonna be a huge 3-way deal going down...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApPf...o&type=lgns

Basically, here are the terms:

Minnesota gets: ATL #3 & #11 picks, Zaza Pachulia, & Anthony Johnson

Phoenix gets: Kevin Garnett

Atlanta gets: Amare' Stoudamire

Now, I'm thinking that the Hawks should do this to save themselves from ANOTHER ownership feud (apparently some of Atlanta Spirit wants YI JIANLAN?! WTF?!), then take a PG in the second round (preferably Acie Law) and the Hawks will be set. Joe Johnson + Amare = Some wins in Atlanta finally. I can understand some people saying "Why trade both picks." and to me, I figure "Hey, they're the youngest team in the NBA already, why get younger?" But, according to the terms, I think everyone comes out of this happy, if it actually goes down.

Why would Phoenix trade Amare for Garnett? Amare is younger and better, and his game is less similar to the Matrix. What's the upside?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Why would Phoenix trade Amare for Garnett? Amare is younger and better, and his game is less similar to the Matrix. What's the upside?

Apparently, Phoenix is the only team in the NBA that believes that they didn't get hosed out of the WC Title, and, more than likely, the NBA title last year. So I guess they're trying to win it now "for real" and KG is the final piece of the puzzle.

I'm perplexed too, but I don't care. If Amare gets traded to the Hawks, I am getting a jersey immediately.

Amare injured his knee two years ago, and that type of injury can come back. I think that Garnett the better player of the two. Garnett scores more than Amare does and he led the league in rebounding last year. Shawn Marion actually had more rebounds than Stoudemire did. Even though Garnett is older, not too old and he is a better player than Stoudemire is.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

And now the real draft begins...unless the Sonics pull a fast one and pick someone else. Remember now, with the way things have been going in sports recently, there is no such thing as a slam dunk guarantee (no pun intended.).

If the Sonics don't take Durant, there will be hell to pay.

The kid has the chance to possibly save the franchise from a fate worst then death: Moving the team freaking Oklahoma City. Trust me, both the Sonic and Blazers are going to look good after tonight's draft.

If the Sonics don't take Durant, there will be hell to pay.

The kid has the chance to possibly save the franchise from a fate worst then death: Moving the team freaking Oklahoma City. Trust me, both the Sonic and Blazers are going to look good after tonight's draft.

Yes, and they've looked so good after Senne, Jelabo, and the other first-round duds they've picked. Honestly, it would not surprise me in the least if they picked someone totally off the radar to further piss off Seattle fans.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Don't worry Seattle fans the SuperSonics are going to pick Durant if Portland takes Oden. I do hope they stay in Seattle . I'm sorry.....but Oklahoma City!.............I don't think so. That's as bad as having NBA teams in Memphis and New Orleans.

by the way Joakim Noah is wearing a bow tie. nice.

Oden will wear #52. They already have pics of him on nba.com in the trail blazers uniforms.. ( you think they post them up after the draft lol ).

*updated*

Ray Allen is on his way the Boston....

4kv29i.jpg

Archived