NFL Recolorings

AHcreative

Well the title is pretty self-explanitory. I got this idea about a year ago, and I started with my beloved Rams, and then decided to move on to do the rest. I completed Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, and of course St. Louis, but then I got a new computer and had to restart.

So the recolorings are simply the teams logo with the colors of every other team in the NFL. I plan to do the whole league in order. I've completed Arizona and Atlant so far, I'll start on Baltimore either later tonight or tomorrow.

So without furthur ado, here are the Cardinals and the Falcons:

ArizonaRecoloring.pngAtlantaRecoloring.png

I know the team names are hard to see, but they're in alphabetical order by city, co they shouldn't be hard to figure out.

Dude, I hate to rain on your parade, but I am going to ask you to reconsider continuing this project.

For one, the overwhelming majority of people here dislike recoloration projects. You've been around here long enough to know that.

For two, I can already deduce, for example, what the New Orleans Saints' fleur-de-lis will look like in Giants colors. And Vikings colors. And so on, and so forth, for every possible permutation of this project. Taking 32 logos and coloring them 32 different ways becomes insufferably boring. Anyone with even marginal imagination can imagine how every team will look in every other team's colors.

For three, every time you bump this thread by editing or adding to it, you're pushing someone else's original work down and off the first page, where it'll hardly get looked at. You're doing a disservice to the many talented designers and novices who put their work here in this forum seeking honest and constructuve criticism.

So please... stop. Thank you.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

What's wrong with this guy doing this mini-project? Will it harm you in any way? No. If you don't care for it, simply don;t open the thread.

Continue on Ramsfan, continue on.

It's not a question of personal harm, chief. That's like saying it won't kill him to stop this thread - so leave the playground arguments to the 10-year olds. Go back, re-read the reasons I listed. It's all there for you. Whether or not I open the thread is irrelevant; every time this gets reopened, it's at the expense of someone who actually took the time to create something original instead of merely recoloring another artist's work ad nauseam until every possible combination had been exhausted.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

What's wrong with this guy doing this mini-project? Will it harm you in any way? No. If you don't care for it, simply don;t open the thread.

It's not a question of personal harm, chief. That's like saying it won't kill him to stop this thread - so leave the playground arguments to the 10-year olds. Go back, re-read the reasons I listed. It's all there for you. Whether or not I open the thread is irrelevant; every time this gets reopened, it's at the expense of someone who actually took the time to create something original instead of merely recoloring another artist's work ad nauseam until every possible combination had been exhausted.

My friend, I did read your post. You are very well entitled to your opinion...however, that's a project this guy wants to do. I'm sorry, but I guarantee every single thread on the top page isn;t a totally unique idea, so don't act like it is, man.

My friend, I did read your post. You are very well entitled to your opinion...however, that's a project this guy wants to do. I'm sorry, but I guarantee every single thread on the top page isn;t a totally unique idea, so don't act like it is, man.

He's pointing out the FACT that people who put up their original work and ideas get less comments and criticism than do people who just take a logo and change one thing, or just change the colors. Recoloring takes NO SKILL whatsoever, which is why, IMO, it should not be allowed on this board.

He's pointing out the FACT that people who put up their original work and ideas get less comments and criticism than do people who just take a logo and change one thing, or just change the colors. Recoloring takes NO SKILL whatsoever, which is why, IMO, it should not be allowed on this board.

Vitamin_D and Nick, I understand where you are coming from, but Pantone just recently started a recolorization thread and it has already spanned to 8 pages, people seem to like it very much, and Pantone has been here longer than both of you guys.

So until I get as much crap as Patsox, I will continue this project.

I have completed Baltimore, and it was kinda hard for teams such as the New York Jets and the Colts since they only use two colors, so i decided to incorporate black in the recolorings.

Plus the fact that the Ravens have that ridiculously large and unnecessary extra outline made this one tough, but here they are anyways:

BaltimoreRecoloring.png

Vitamin_D and Nick, I understand where you are coming from, but Pantone just recently started a recolorization thread and it has already spanned to 8 pages, people seem to like it very much, and Pantone has been here longer than both of you guys.

HAHA! I haven't laughed so hard all day! :lol:

Anwyay, I say keep on keepin' on!

Can't this be merged with the other recoloring thread? I think that would make everybody happy.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

hey, how come Kansas City does not have yellow in it? that is their secondary color.

Yeah, I know, but its not in their logo, or even on their helmets at all. I'll probably start using it.

And Mod's is there anyway to merge this with the other recoloring thread, or do I have to put my stuff on there by myself?

QUOTE(Nick 1733 @ Monday, July 2nd, 2007 - 22:07:27) *

QUOTE(bigreid07 @ Monday, July 2nd, 2007 - 20:59:54) *

QUOTE(VitaminD @ Monday, July 2nd, 2007 - 21:43:40) *

QUOTE(bigreid07 @ Monday, July 2nd, 2007 - 22:38:19) *

I have completed Baltimore, and it was kinda hard for teams such as the New York Jets and the Colts since they only use two colors, so i decided to incorporate black in the recolorings.

Plus the fact that the Ravens have that ridiculously large and unnecessary extra outline made this one tough, but here they are anyways:

IPB Image

--------------------

IPB Image

IPB Image

Everybody start giving him as much crap as you give me so that this thread ends soon.

Everybody start giving him as much crap as you give me so that this thread ends soon.

I'm not sure you realize how long that would take, Patsox. As for the recolorings, I think if they are merged with the other thread you should keep posting these. It is interesting though that when PANTONE makes a thread for recolorings it's fine, but whenever a newer member does it everyone jumps on them.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Tuesday, July 3rd, 2007 - 01:07:05)

I'm not sure you realize how long that would take, Patsox. As for the recolorings, I think if they are merged with the other thread you should keep posting these. It is interesting though that when PANTONE makes a thread for recolorings it's fine, but whenever a newer member does it everyone jumps on them.

It has nothing to do with PANTONE. It has to do with the fact that this subject does not warrant its own thread when there is already a general recolorings thread. <_<

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Tuesday, July 3rd, 2007 - 00:07:05)

My point exactly Billy, thank you.

Just for the record, I have nothing against Pantone though.

Hey, look, we're all adults here. We can all take a joke, and we know when something is in good fun. At least, I hope we can.

At any rate, I thought the recolorization to be unique and quite amusing! All the variations on the Cardinals logo made me think of Darwin's finches for some reason. :D

galaxy.png

Archived