All-Stars Game

Mr.Barragan

Well unless the NL makes a comeback Ichiro is looking at being the MVP
We'll see about that. Whatever the NL does, it has to be better than that butchered performance of "God Bless America". Oh well, it should be better next year.

LvZYtbZ.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add to it the absolutely boneheaded move of trusting a 24-year old to pitch this game. Note that he gave up a pair of hits and had to be absolutely bailed out by Griffey to avoid giving up a run. Tony, you have better options on your pitching staff than that, like Roy Oswalt or Brandon Webb.

I think you take this game a little bit too seriously...

I understand it technically "counts"... but still.

IUe6Hvh.png

DA MEAT HOOK IS ON BASE!!!!

Even after a Soriano homer and walks to Hardy, Lee, and Hudson, To little, to late, The AL continues their reign over the NL with a 5-4 win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 straight years with out a loss.

saBS.png

What? Utley is having a great year...

Can we get maybe a 2 sentence response. Maybe a 3? You're just running up your post count in every thread you post in. Provide some stats to say that he's having a great year, not a one sentence reponse.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Let me be the first to say Tony La Russa should go slam his head in a door 9 or 16 times.

Game on the line... Orlando Hudson and Aaron Rowand or Albert Pujols?

You idiot Tony. What the hell were you thinking?

Absolutely ridiculous.

I'm so ticked.

Two straight years the NL Managers make boneheaded mistakes in the 9th to assure a loss.

Maybe Pujols is nursing something and he didn't want him to play in the All-Star Game when he needs him in the regular season?

If so he hurt it last night or had no business participating last night.

It'd have to be an injury to where he couldn't swing a bat without hurting it, or there's not an excuse out there I'll accept from TLR.

"I've been thinking that since this year ASG is in San Fransisco this year that they should move the game from 5PM to 6pm cause after seeing the Home Runs Derby end at daytime that it's weird to see the All Stars game end before nightime."

As it turns out, that "8 PM" start time we're always promised always turns into about 9. I think the game started at around 8:55 here on the east coast...because we had to be reminded 35325346754723735 times that Baseball and Chevy--they go together...or something stupid like that...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Questions:

1. Does anyone think that the All Star Game should only have 16 players per team? That way the game would be serious.
  2. Does anyone think ballots should only show player stats, and not player names?
  3. Should it be a best-of-3 series?

That inside-the-park homer by Ichiro was just bizarre. Griffey looked like he had it played perfectly off the wall, but it hit a crook and bounced away from him.

Chalk up another beauty for that ballpark (I already lost track of what it's now named). It's one of the prettiest ballparks in the country, especially McCovey Cove and the splash homers. But now we know all sorts of weird bounces can take place there, too.

It's great how in baseball how a ballpark affects the game. How many other sports have that?

to me, it looked like the banner hanging up on the wall messed with the bounce and not the actual wall. if the banner hadn't been there, icharo would have got a double at best. i dont know why the thing was there, maybe to cover the out of town scoreboard?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived