Michigan Signs With Adidas

Michigan Dave

As for Tennessee, I'm of an age when they wore orange jerseys and white pants home and away, without any clashes whatsoever (as did UCLA with the light blue). I'd like to see the Vols bring that back (albeit, knowing it won't ever happen...)

Yeah, the NCAA won't allow that, even if both teams agreed. Alabama and UT petitioned the NCAA a couple of years back to each wear their colored jersey for a game, with the idea of making it a yearly thing on the Third Saturday in October, but were rejected.

That is a complete cop-out because IIRC did we South Carolina and Vanderbilt played each other w/ both teams wearing colored jerseys last season?

(edit:the evidence to prove it)

HCUSC24.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are those yellows counted as away alternates? I could see that being a possibility, in which case then you could get a 'color' vs. dark game. That's a pretty light gold to use as a home jersey, too - wouldn't it almost clash worse with white?

harperdc.gif

are those yellows counted as away alternates? I could see that being a possibility, in which case then you could get a 'color' vs. dark game. That's a pretty light gold to use as a home jersey, too - wouldn't it almost clash worse with white?

From my days in college, I seem to remember the NCAA rules stating that a team must have a "light" and "dark" set but not necessarily a white one. We wore gold (of the yellow variety) at home and navy on the road.

This is great for the good ol' Maize and Blue. We get away from Nike and sign with Adidas. Great for you Michigan only we can change the whites back to traditional and not Nike Template crap

you get no right to complain about "Nike template crap" when, for Michigan, it amounts to this:

Hart.jpg

blink and you miss the tiny yellow piping!

but when it comes to Oregon....

pc216553r.jpg

consider yourselves lucky :P;)

:wacko: I close my eyes but can't stop seeing bright yellow!!!!! UGH!

• 5 months later...
Adidas' College Football jerseys suck! Nike's are way better. I'm sure if this is correct but it seems like over 50% of the College Football teams have Nike.

I guess its a matter of preference. I, for one, am pumped that Michigan is going with Addidas. Addidas seems to keep more traditional designs.

Adidas' College Football jerseys suck! Nike's are way better. I'm sure if this is correct but it seems like over 50% of the College Football teams have Nike.

About 50% of the schools do, and they're all exactly the same jerseys. Except Oregon, which is even worse.

Since when is the majority having it been a sign of quality?

I'm soooo excited about the move. Should get something nice and un-templated now. Yesterday after the EXCELLENT Capital One Bowl, I was very excited to hang up my Nike white jersey for the last time. (My Nike blue jersey stays in rotation because, one, Adidas won't change the blues, and, two, its got the Michigan/Ohio State 100th Game patch on it. We won that one, remember? It was so long ago. Oh well. Rich Rod will win us one now. Maybe not this year, but hopefully next year.)

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

...Oh well. Rich Rod will win us one now. Maybe not this year, but hopefully next year.)

LOL..I hope so (said with no malice toward our OSU counterparts on the board).

Even though I am a UM alum, I am rooting for OSU to beat LSU. Gotta stay true to the Big Ten!

I've still got the older road jersey (with the block "M" on the sleeves) that I wear from time to time.

I bet Addidas will keep the home blue as simple as it is now and will give the road whites a much-needed, no-piping makeover. Hopefully, Michigan Dave, or someone else will give us some info.

In similiar news, Nike also lost USF. Immediately after the game USF switched to UnderArmor, and the players were wearing UnderArmor branded sweats on the way out of the stadium.

I just think it's crazy they give them more money than Notre Dame. Notre Dame! THE football school!

Notre Dame is Baton Rouge now? Weird.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm soooo excited about the move. Should get something nice and un-templated now. Yesterday after the EXCELLENT Capital One Bowl, I was very excited to hang up my Nike white jersey for the last time. (My Nike blue jersey stays in rotation because, one, Adidas won't change the blues, and, two, its got the Michigan/Ohio State 100th Game patch on it. We won that one, remember? It was so long ago. Oh well. Rich Rod will win us one now. Maybe not this year, but hopefully next year.)

Umm... as opposed to the Oregon-esk crap they have been using? Or maybe because the basketball team has the crazy shoulder stripes or the form-fitting tank tops... oh wait, they don't have that either.... and doesn't the hockey team use the Nike Swift gear... crap....

Nike did a fabulous job with Michigan. I for one hate this move, being a huge Michigan & Nike fan (Nike soccer gear). Not a single major sports teams ever looked silly in Nike's gear (though on the field they sure have been overmatched a few times, especially on the basketball court...)

Here's to you Nike.... job well done... and Adidas, don't screw this up!

I actually really liked the newest version of michigans white jerseys. They made them to match the homes better. Whatever adidas does, I hope they keep the numbers on the sleeves of the white like the most recent nike version. As long as adidas keeps the home jersey and pants the same, without huge changes to the away jersey, I will be happy. Nothing really needs changing.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I actually really liked the newest version of michigans white jerseys. They made them to match the homes better. Whatever adidas does, I hope they keep the numbers on the sleeves of the white like the most recent nike version. As long as adidas keeps the home jersey and pants the same, without huge changes to the away jersey, I will be happy. Nothing really needs changing.

I suspect that is what will happen - adidas will essentially provide the same uniform Michigan has now with the Nike piping removed from the white jersey since they won't be using the Nike "bib" template any more.

On the other hand, don't forget that new coach Rich Rodriguez presided over WVU changing from very traditional uniforms under Don Nehlan to first the Broncos/Cal Berkley template and now their current "modified Bronco" template and all-yellow look.

I suspect that is what will happen - adidas will essentially provide the same uniform Michigan has now with the Nike piping removed from the white jersey since they won't be using the Nike "bib" template any more.

On the other hand, don't forget that new coach Rich Rodriguez presided over WVU changing from very traditional uniforms under Don Nehlan to first the Broncos/Cal Berkley template and now their current "modified Bronco" template and all-yellow look.

I also think the changes will be subtle (i.e. remove piping). I doubt anything drastic will happen. RichRod wouldn't want to piss the fanbase off by drastically overhauling. Remember, we are a fanbase that hates drastic change to our traditions.

I just think it's crazy they give them more money than Notre Dame. Notre Dame! THE 3-9 school!

Fixed.

Sorry, bro, but unless Notre Dame happens to be your way of saying Ohio State or LSU, you're :censored: outta luck here. I mean, Michigan was bad this year, but Notre Dame set new standards for awfulness this season.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived