Please help get rid of the Sabres new logo!

daschuck77

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JS that is awsome. that is EXACTLY what the sabres should look like. I could even grow to eventually liking the jersey if they could put something like that on there.

if you could make that a real jersey, i would pay you personally for that jersey. i would love to see you distrubute those.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

js, those jerseys look great with your logo on it. Your logo is what the Sabres should have gone with. Just a modernization of their old logo put onto modern uniforms. That is what the Sabres should be wearing now, not a yellow blob that looks nothing like a sabre or buffalo.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

John, I really like those. They are a complete upgrade while keeping all aspects of the classic logo intact. They look great on the new uniform.

That still doesn't mean I'm not tired of people whining about the slug. ^_^

philly.png

Color me unimpressed.

It's better than the slug. Hands down.

I wouldn't bother. He's drunk on Quinn's Kool-Aide.

Quinn's a liar. I don't like him. I personally like the Sabres' golden buffalo logo as it is, and js's designs do nothing for me. They come across as soft and bland. But that's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

Color me unimpressed.

Quinn's a liar. I don't like him. I personally like the Sabres' golden buffalo logo as it is, and js's designs do nothing for me. They come across as soft and bland. But that's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

I'm not saying you're a kool aid drinker or anything...We both are entitled to our opinions and I certainly respect yours. I see the yellow logo as a disproportionate, legless awarkwardly inverted "thing" that has drawn considerable and unwanted associations from the majority of the public. When you bounce that against the goals and philosphy logo and brand identity designs, it's a failure.

I'm depressed to see on eBay for sale a "Buffalo Sabres Slug Wall Clock (Silver)".

It's embarassing how this logo is borderline iconic.

Hey guys .. thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate all of it.

I thought it'd be interesting to look at these as before / afters too ... please keep in mind that all these photos are the property of Mike Lynaugh, not mine, so please do not spread these around anywhere.

hybrid_ryan_b.jpg

hybrid_ryan.jpg

-

hybrid_goose_b.jpg

hybrid_goose.jpg

I also wanted to point out that I'm not opposed to keeping the current secondary .. but it needs some cleaning up I think. I'm not a fan of the sword illustration they have always used for the secondary ... it looks a bit like Fisher Price's "My First Sabre", rather than a swift strong blade that is as effective on offense as it is on defense.

I also wanted to point out that I'm not opposed to keeping the current secondary .. but it needs some cleaning up I think. I'm not a fan of the sword illustration they have always used for the secondary ... it looks a bit like Fisher Price's "My First Sabre", rather than a swift strong blade that is as effective on offense as it is on defense.

You've really outdone yourself. Again.

Great decision to drop the navy in favor of a blue that's actually....BLUE! Amazing how you make those uniforms respectable with just a few changes. I'd still rather have the traditional horizontal striping but your logos and colors are top notch.

The only way I could see anyone liking the current crap better is if they have already invested a lot of money in it.

Great decision to drop the navy in favor of a blue that's actually....BLUE! Amazing how you make those uniforms respectable with just a few changes. I'd still rather have the traditional horizontal striping but your logos and colors are top notch.

The only way I could see anyone liking the current crap better is if they have already invested a lot of money in it.

But I guess one of the issues with the vintage is apparently they could not find consistencies in the color of the royal blue fabric stock and that required the Sabres to darken the vintage the same color as the current jersey for it's return in 2008-2009...but that comment was from Larry Quinn and I cannot take that comment face value.

Great work John.

But I guess one of the issues with the vintage is apparently they could not find consistencies in the color of the royal blue fabric stock and that required the Sabres to darken the vintage the same color as the current jersey for it's return in 2008-2009...but that comment was from Larry Quinn and I cannot take that comment face value.

Great work John.

1. I also remember Larry Quinn saying that. So naturally you have to doubt every word coming out of his mouth.

2. It's the 21st century. You really think that with everything mankind has already accomplished, we are still unable to make royal blue fabrics match??? It's FABRIC!

3. The royal blue matched alright in the 70's and 80's as far as I'm concerned.

4. Aren't other sports teams currently using royal blue with success? Has Larry Quinn ever seen a sporting event with a royal blue team?

Color me unimpressed.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but I figured if you could berate and attempt to belittle me simply because of my opinion, then I could respond in kind.

Not to sound like an ass, because everyone's opinion counts here....You don't like the new logo. We get it. You don't have to spam every message board on the internet with your problems. It's a gold buffalo. Not anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

How many people in Buffalo are even going to buy the slug version of the Edge jersey (which isn't supposed to change a whole lot from last year's look) when a large number of them just shelled out a substantial amount on the new look last year? Also, there will be no vintage third available at all. I imagine sales not being as robust this season. So long #1 jersey in the NHL...

It was either a cash grab by the Sabres releasing the uniforms a year before a league wide mandatory change or just plain foolishness.

How many people in Buffalo are even going to buy the slug version of the Edge jersey (which isn't supposed to change a whole lot from last year's look) when a large number of them just shelled out a substantial amount on the new look last year? Also, there will be no vintage third available at all. I imagine sales not being as robust this season. So long #1 jersey in the NHL...

It was either a cash grab by the Sabres releasing the uniforms a year before a league wide mandatory change or just plain foolishness.

I'm going to say foolishness, after all these are the same people who couldn't manage to sign either Drury or Briere!

But, back to JS's designs. Those look great. They are what the Sabres uni's should've been, although I prefer the current shoulder patch. I wouldn't mind seeing the buffalo be a bit bigger, though.

Archived