Nashville: What could have been

degroat

This isn't technically a concept... I just fixed the things about their new jerseys to change them from 'awful' to 'okay'. I think it still needs to go a step further... their shoulder patch is a terrible logo and it needs some horizontal stripes on the bottom.

nashville1.png

nashville2.png

nashville3.png

This definitely improves it ... and does more than take it from 'awful' to 'ok', in my opinion.

I wish I had the power to stand in front of all of RBK .. and tell them, repeat after me ... STRIPING NOT PIPING.

Its just getting silly, I mean why is every design standard being tossed aside for trendy silliness in professional sports. Some of these new NHL looks are certainly upgrades, others are only sidesteps into a new style, but a few of these I fear will be looked back upon years from now and seen as goofy as much of the late 70s looks (I'm looking at you Vancouver Canucks Flying V, and you LA Kings Yellow Jersey).

You made great modifications, but I thinks that Pred's new look is not as bad as most of people tell. It's definitely better thant their old ones, and I love the "Nasville" script over the away crest. You just removed the yellow lines on the chest and script. Yeah it looks great, but I don't think it makes a big difference.

The two looks cool for me.

AllyB96

Quest for the 25th : HABS ALL THE WAY !

Vincent Lecavalier - 1998 NHL Draft - 1st pick overall, TB - from Rimouski Oceanic, LHJMQ

lecavaliersignature.jpg

1996-1997 CHL Rookie of the Year -- 2003-2004 Stanley Cup Champion -- 2004 World Cup of Hockey Champion and MVP -- 2006-2007 Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy Winner -- 2 Times NHL All-Stars Game Participant

I like the new shoulder patch that they have. Its a great update from the logo that was on the mustard jersey.

I agree with what you did though (taking away the nashville print) Like how are you going to tell what the heck that says when your watching on TV or at a game?

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

How did a SKULL logo, which is WHY we are the PREDATORS (the Saber-toothed Tiger skull found downtown), kill the identity of the team? Actually, I have always liked that logo and feel that it is very relevant to our history.

I wasn't referring to the logos. The skull logo is a good logo, but it was the nameplate over the crest of the white sweater and the unnecessary white side panels on the blue sweater was what killed it.

How did a SKULL logo, which is WHY we are the PREDATORS (the Saber-toothed Tiger skull found downtown), kill the identity of the team? Actually, I have always liked that logo and feel that it is very relevant to our history.

I wasn't referring to the logos. The skull logo is a good logo, but it was the nameplate over the crest of the white sweater and the unnecessary white side panels on the blue sweater was what killed it.

To me, the nameplate is almost a throwback of sorts to the Mustards, since they had Nashville in the front, eventho it was small.

Had they introduced the skull as the primary back in '98 I would agree with you. Instead they choose to go with the techno-cat. They introduced the skull after the current logo had been established as the team's primary. Because of this it looks like the primary logo died, which is probably a look the team should avoid given the rumours surrounding it.

Had they introduced the skull as the primary back in '98 I would agree with you. Instead they choose to go with the techno-cat. They introduced the skull after the current logo had been established as the team's primary. Because of this it looks like the primary logo died, which is probably a look the team should avoid given the rumours surrounding it.

Around the 3rd or 4th season, the approached the NHL about making that the Primary...the NHL refused, saying the logo was "too scary".

I don't think it makes it looks like the Primary "died"...to those who know the history, it symbolizes the skull found underneath the building downtown

Around the 3rd or 4th season, the approached the NHL about making that the Primary...the NHL refused, saying the logo was "too scary".

I don't think it makes it looks like the Primary "died"...to those who know the history, it symbolizes the skull found underneath the building downtown

It should have been the primary from the start.

What I'm getting at is that since they decided to go with a "live" cat from the start a skull logo would give off the impression that the primary died, regardless of the city's history.

Archived