2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife bought me a white wild jersey when they first came out and I swapped it for green. Wish I'd kept the white, since they are keeping something fairly close to it.

I know I am in the minority, but I don't like the circle logo or anything about the former wild alt vs the green home.

Overall, though, given what has come out, I think the Wild have done a bit better than most teams. They did not get to crazy with striping or anything. As far as I can think of right now, they have the least connectivity between the two designs. I am not sure yet how I feel about that. I suspect the circle logo will one day end up on the white jersey, but I hope that the big logo will end up on the dark instead. Also, I know I am in the minority here as well, but I'd rather see no laces. Laces at home and not on the road? I think the Wild are a rare team for me to favor the white jersey.

Stripes on the bottom of the home would have been nice as well

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I have the white Wild, I wish I had the green.

I love it. Man I'm gonna miss it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

The Wild look alright, nothing Earth shattering, but I still don't understand why add the piping on top, and get rid of a bottom stripe (on the homes)?

I actually like the piping here. I think it makes the placement of the green on the shoulders look less arbitrary. Overall, I think this is a slightly better jersey than the red alt, though I agree stripes should be at the bottom.

POTD (Shared)

My wife bought me a white wild jersey when they first came out and I swapped it for green. Wish I'd kept the white, since they are keeping something fairly close to it.

I know I am in the minority, but I don't like the circle logo or anything about the former wild alt vs the green home.

Overall, though, given what has come out, I think the Wild have done a bit better than most teams. They did not get to crazy with striping or anything. As far as I can think of right now, they have the least connectivity between the two designs. I am not sure yet how I feel about that. I suspect the circle logo will one day end up on the white jersey, but I hope that the big logo will end up on the dark instead. Also, I know I am in the minority here as well, but I'd rather see no laces. Laces at home and not on the road? I think the Wild are a rare team for me to favor the white jersey.

Stripes on the bottom of the home would have been nice as well

Yeah, they kept the stripes on the bottom of the away, why not home? And, FTR, I'm not that big of a fan of the reds either, but I would have liked to see both the unis match up, maybe see what it'd be like for the white one to look like the dark? Eh, oh well.

qvAvG.jpg

The Wild look alright, nothing Earth shattering, but I still don't understand why add the piping on top, and get rid of a bottom stripe (on the homes)?

I actually like the piping here. I think it makes the placement of the green on the shoulders look less arbitrary. Overall, I think this is a slightly better jersey than the red alt, though I agree stripes should be at the bottom.

I do agree that it works, the piping looks good, but I'm thinking it would fit better with the bottom stripes that were on the original alternate. Kinda looks incomplete, ya know?

qvAvG.jpg

Definitely well done!

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

The Wild home is far superior to the road white. I think the roads could be nice, except they decided to keep the hideous "WILD" patch on the shoulders. Surely they could have come up with something a bit nicer?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Great now my Green Wild jersey is defunct. DAMN!

With alternates returning in a year or two, and the fact the 2 new jerseys are different, they should certainly bring the green back as the home.

As for the new jerseys, I love the away more *bottom stripes yay*. At first it seemed kind of odd the have sleeve stripes and bottom stripes that aren't the same size but I think it will grow on me.

Overall, it seems like their's only one equation that really matters

No vertical striping = A concept that's not ugly as :censored:

The Wild home is far superior to the road white. I think the roads could be nice, except they decided to keep the hideous "WILD" patch on the shoulders. Surely they could have come up with something a bit nicer?

Complete agreement. I can't stand that "WILD" patch in that oh-so-cutting edge font they used. It looked dated the minute it flew off the macbook of some hack graphic designer.

Maybe a flag of Minnesota? :P

Actually, that'd be a helluva lot better.

Here are the Wild pics, for those who don't want to copy and paste:

unveil2.jpgunveil4.jpgunveil3.jpg

not bad but the problem is the home is identicle to the islanders set just change the colors.

Except it's not identical to the Islanders sleeves. The Islanders sleeves are Orange, Blue, White, Orange. The Wild are Green, Cream Red. As you can see the Islanders have two segments of one color on the sleeve where the Wild have one of each on the sleeve. The only similarity is the shoulder piping.

Archived