2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

No, it was changed because for the Senators, everything must be bilingual (in french & in english). Got to www.ottawasenators.com if you don't believe me, you will find a webpage in both of Canada's official languages. It was deemed a better idea to simply put the laurels on the logo, rather than having an english only logo. It has nothing to do with design & aesthetics or the team being ready for relocation.

Wow - relax a little. It may have been a little of both - a lot of these logos have to appear in many different forms (TV, print, etc.) - so I do think you are right. But as a professional designer - I am well aware of the "rules" of design and scalability has a lot to do with the final design!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if you read that in a rude voice, it was meant to be read in a calm and quiet voice. I never get angry. B)

Your right that the logo didn't lend itself very well to being shrunk. However, what I told you was the official reason that the media & team gave to us, the fans.

thecatch.jpg

attachmentphppc5.jpg

I realize this is not 100% accurate but it seems from what we've gathered at least in the ballpark. The more I look at this, the more I could live with it. It's not...bad. A bit non-descript but could be a lot worse.

attachmentphppc5.jpg

I realize this is not 100% accurate but it seems from what we've gathered at least in the ballpark. The more I look at this, the more I could live with it. It's not...bad. A bit non-descript but could be a lot worse.

A tad bit off topic...but that 3D Senator logo bugs me. It looks like the guy is trying to be funny and hold an over ripe banana to his ear pretending it is a phone.

I don't like it one bit.

Yeah the more i look at the 3d logo the more i think it sucks, either put the shield completely behind him or take it out altogether, the way it looks right now is dumb how it's just off to the side.

I don't care what look they are trying to achieve by doing that, it's not pleasing to the eye.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Yeah the more i look at the 3d logo the more i think it sucks, either put the shield completely behind him or take it out altogether, the way it looks right now is dumb how it's just off to the side.

I don't care what look they are trying to achieve by doing that, it's not pleasing to the eye.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

A tad bit off topic...but that 3D Senator logo bugs me. It looks like the guy is trying to be funny and hold an over ripe banana to his ear pretending it is a phone.

I don't like it one bit.

I'm sorry, but I gotta do it. I... I just gotta.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't like it one bit.

I'm sorry, but I gotta do it. I... I just gotta.

Dude, that's not even the best one. :lol:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/badgerphone

Now that we see the new 2D version of the Senators logo, the centurion is in fact wearing a red hooded sweatshirt. 632453689_thumb1.jpg

Also, I hope the Senators correct the placement of the 2D logo on the shoulders with these new uniforms. They botched it on their red toga jerseys with the left shoulder facing the player's back.

Lastly, can I offer another reason as to why the Senators removed "OTTAWA SENATORS" from their original logo? It simply looked better with the laurels as opposed to the letters. (Though the bilingual reasoning is the actual story.)

attachmentphppc5.jpg

Surely the defending Stanley Cup losers can do better than that? It's like the ASG template, but squared off....making it less interesting...

attachmentphppc5.jpg

I don't like it one bit.

OK.... that's all I'm seeing now. And it made me laugh.

Also, I agree that the 3D looks off. Centered on the jersey seems to help it look more balanced to me, but something about that banana... er, shield just doesn't fit.

attachmentphppc5.jpg

Surely the defending Stanley Cup losers can do better than that? It's like the ASG template, but squared off....making it less interesting...

You know what would make it more interesting- a big swoosh on the front! :D

Hey, at least the swoosh would give the jersey an "Ottawa identity" and some degree of continuity with their old look.

attachmentphppc5.jpg

You might want to use the new, updated 2D logo for the shoulders.

Ducks - 0% off

Atlanta - 15% off

Boston - Already out

Buffalo - 15% off

Calgary - 15% off

Carolina - 0% off (Already know how it will look)

Chicago - 0% off

Colorado - 25% off

Columbus - Already out

Dallas - 15% off

Detroit - http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?prod...dy_bestsell_img

Oilers - 15% off

Florida - Already out

LA - Revealed 40% off

Minnesota - 15% off

Habs - 15% off

Nashville - Already out

NJ - 15% off

NYI - 15% off (???)

Rangers - 15% off

Sens - 40% off

Flyers - 15% off

Phnx - 40% off

Pitts - 15% off

SJ - 25% off

STL - 40% off

Tampa - 15% off

Toronto - 15% off

Canucks - 40% off (hehe)

Caps - Already out

http://hfboards.com/attachment.php?attachm...mp;d=1187151458

http://hfboards.com/attachment.php?attachm...mp;d=1187151458

Another concept someone at HF made- my computer is barking today so these links are the best I can do right now.

How are non HF members supposed to view them?

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived