2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Whine, bicker, be a child, resort to name calling all you want mvp...

the redwings jersey is that old classic "change for the sake of change"...they didn't change a thing on their jersey, so figured, lets put it on the other side, people will justify it however the hell they choose to.

That's enough about that.

Telling you to stop whining is the same as "name calling"? Wow...

If you cannot tell the difference, whether you just really SOMEHOW cannot see it or you just choose to ignore it, then so be it.

Everyone else sees the problem but you.

Wade-sig.png

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the 51 pages of this thread, and the last few of the previous thread, vcx has thoroughly established himself as the Village Idiot of Vancouver. If this becomes the second NHL Logos & Uniforms thread to get graveyarded, there's your main culprit.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

...anyways, I like this change. It's unique while still tying into the tradition of the Wings, a team that has changed little over the course of their history. Thank you, RBK Overlords for making a change that couldn't really be avoided at this point, but making it awesome.

Here's the article from that news source:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islan...0,1248933.story

Why in the hell would anybody quote a freakin' FASHION DESIGNER about NHL uniforms? That, more than any other example I can think of, is what's wrong with this situation.

Having said that, the Isles jerseys could've been worse. MUCH worse. I'll give it a B.

Over the 51 pages of this thread, and the last few of the previous thread, vcx has thoroughly established himself as the Village Idiot of Vancouver. If this becomes the second NHL Logos & Uniforms thread to get graveyarded, there's your main culprit.

Hi Pot, i'm Kettle.

Anyways, if those are the islanders new jerseys...i dont think they are THAT bad...i mean could be worse, they could be like the panthers & predators.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

...y does his pads have stars on them.. they look cheesy -_-

American born goaltender, represented his country a few times in wjc's and etc...his mask has it as well as the American Flag. I think he loves his country, what do you think?

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

31894936.jpg

That is a horribly ugly jersey soooooo busy, way too many elements. Thank god the Senators won't have the fugliest uni's, I would take the buffaslug any day over that.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You maniacs! You blew it up! DAMN YOUZ! DAMN YOUZ ALL TO HELL!"

(That's not fake, right?)

There we go. :P

Snooch to the Nooch!

Hi, how are you?

Okay... so much frickin' nonsense is being thrown back & forth here, it makes my eyes bleed.

First of all... why can't the Red Wings stitch a "C" on top of netting fabric? They can, it's not rocket science. You're telling me that with all the crazy technological advances we've seen in fabrics in the NHL over the past year, that they aren't able to sow the captain's "C" on top of some netting? C'mon... of course they can. If RBK had designed all the jerseys and given the templates to the teams, don't you think they would have known that you can stitch a frickin' "C" on any fabric? They did figure out a way to put stripes over the different fabrics, even though we were originally told it could not be done. So I'm gonna say that the Red Wings changed the positioning of the "C" because they wanted to change it or because they didn't understand the RBK template. What more can I say? It's not RBK's fault, it's the Wings' fault. They could have put the "C" on the right but they chose to put it on the left. That's what they did... they had their choice in the matter and they decided to put the captain & assistant lettering on the left. You see, all this bullcrap about the teams not being able to stitch things onto the netting that is found under the armpits of the new RBK jerseys is such a load of bull. Have you ever stitched things on a jersey? All you need is thread and a needle. Like I said, it's not rocket science. There is no conspiracy theory involving RBK here. So bitch all you want at RBK, a smart designer would've found a way to put that "C" or "A" on the right side of the jersey.

Secondly, those new Islanders jerseys look like utter crap (assuming they are real)... no bones about it. They had some of the nicest jerseys in the NHL that still ressembled what hall of famers like Mike Bossy, Denis Potvin and Clark Gillies wore and they decided to throw all that in the toilet. I can't possibly fathom why... but I'm sure it has something to do with the way this whole organization is going down the toilet. Way to go Islanders.

So to recap... yes, the new RBK jerseys are pumping out crappy jersey after crappy jersey. But who's really to blame here? The teams that pick crappy jerseys. You could make really nice & really comfortable jerseys with these new RBK templates, but all we're seeing is a bunch of sub-par choices for jerseys by NHL teams that don't really understand that in the year 2007, the sky is the limit. We could've had some really nice designs, but all we got was designers misunderstanding what these new RBK jerseys were all about. That clearly shows that they do not work for RBK.

I say... and we all should say this.... SHAME ON THE DESIGNERS!

And I challenge anyone to tell me why it would be so hard to come up with a nice concept using these RBK jerseys. Hell, alot of you guys do it on a daily basis in the concept section of this board.

thecatch.jpg

The islanders could be screwing with everyone wearing a bunch of prototype jerseys to throw everyone off on the real designs, i mean that's what i would do.

Why do we only see Rick Dipietro wearing the jersey and no one else? That yoke with just white is what ruins that jersey...that and the orange making up most of the sleeves...looks horrible. They should have taken a page out of Detroit's and Boston's book about going retro or staying the same.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived