2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

If you haven't noticed there are no numbers on the arms, only the front and presumeably the back of Mr. DiPietro. We've seen most of the teams jerseys, but haven't seen much pants or the socks at all, some of these uniforms may look better with all of it together.

capnISL6.jpg

The numbers are on the side

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
capnISL5.jpg

capnISL4.jpg

I flat out love these. They remind me of a more modern version of the Penguins cup jerseys. Other than the frontal number I think they're pretty sharp and they're consistent from one jersey to another.

PvO6ZWJ.png

jerseysplash2.gif

From a die hard Flames fan persepective, I am very pleased to see the collar has not changed, except for the inclusion of the NHL shield but still having the cool little hexagonal eyelet thingies for the lace-up, and that there is no visible piping at this time. I am also relieved that the previous rumours of the Flames going to a predominately black jersey have been shown as inaccurate.

I am still concerned that the Flames will have the vertical (by vertical I mean ugly, but I guess the Isles just proved that you don't need vertical stripes to be ugly...) striping under the arms. I pray to my gods that the jersey shown for the QC Flames is NOT our new design. I also worry that I can't rule out the Flames as one of the "four other teams" mentioned in the Islanders release of teams with numbers on the front. Can anyone "in the know" let me/us know?!

I actually like the new Islanders set, now that I've seen it worn. The only thing I'd change (besides the hideous logo, but I know that's a no-no) would be to add a thin white outline on the bottom part of the upper orange stripe. Just to make it consistent.

The extra orange makes it more bright and visually appealing.

Wow, those islander uniforms look a lot better once they're over the pads.

Which is what alot of the jerseys that everyone hates are going to be. Rangers especially (I still don't get the sheer explosive anger of some people over the slight shift of the wordmark...).

As for the Isles lose the shoulder piping and the jerseys are pretty damn near perfect.

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

I just got my new issue of Xbox Magazine today... They had a little half page thing on NHL 08 and it looked like the screenshots they had on it had the new jersey's in there, because I've never seen them. One had San Jose and Phoenix, unfortunately all i could see was the backs, But they both looked different, esspecially San Jose's. There was also a shot of Detroit and Chicago, Chicago looked like they do now, and Detroit had their new jerseys that were just released. The last shot has Edmonton and Vancouver. All there is for Edmonton is their goalie so I only see the upper chest and arms, I can see that the oilers jersey has the piping from the armpit to the neck, the arms are white all the way to the glove and blocker, and the logo is the same. Vancouver has a blue jersey like the vintage they used last year, again all i saw was the back, so i dont know what logo they used. Here are quick pictures I made from what I saw.

San Jose:

SJ.gif

Phoenix:

PHX.gif

Vancouver looks like this (I'm guessing on the logo, but the stripes are correct):

van-1-small.jpg

This is all I could see of Edmonton (in the red box), I made it quick (and crappy) but I think you get the point:

EDM.gif

Lebanon Warrior Football

LebanonWarriors3.jpg

Looks like I missed a lot over the past few days...

ISLANDERS - Looks like crap. I was hoping that leaked pic we saw a few months back would turn out to be fake but it appears that it was the real deal. Such a shame. NOTE: Islander fans, PLEASE don't buy that monstrosity!! Looked horrible hanging up and looks just as bad on a player.

DETROIT - I am not a fan of the lettering being on the right of the chest. Yes it can work because it is, in an inadvertant way "retro", but if they wanted to do something which would have been great would have been to put the wheel back in the centre. I am guessing we all agree it was put on the right side due to RBK's oversight on positioning of the lettering.

CALGARY - I reported a few months back that I had heard/seen that they were going to be going to a black primary jersey. Well, according to that ad, it is not true. I believe what I saw was made around feburary/march and therefore may have been out of date. I am still sticking by my claim that SOMETHING will be different with the flaming C on either one or both of those jerseys.

Now, something interesting that I saw out in the wild today...

16-08-07_1806.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

ISLANDERS - Looks like crap. I was hoping that leaked pic we saw a few months back would turn out to be fake but it appears that it was the real deal. Such a shame. NOTE: Islander fans, PLEASE don't buy that monstrosity!! Looked horrible hanging up and looks just as bad on a player.

DETROIT - I am not a fan of the lettering being on the right of the chest. Yes it can work because it is, in an inadvertant way "retro", but if they wanted to do something which would have been great would have been to put the wheel back in the centre. I am guessing we all agree it was put on the right side due to RBK's oversight on positioning of the lettering.

CALGARY - I reported a few months back that I had heard/seen that they were going to be going to a black primary jersey. Well, according to that ad, it is not true. I believe what I saw was made around feburary/march and therefore may have been out of date. I am still sticking by my claim that SOMETHING will be different with the flaming C on either one or both of those jerseys.

16-08-07_1806.jpg

Out in a store already?

Is that captain's 'C' different then the one they used last season?

Hi, how are you?

I just got my new issue of Xbox Magazine today... They had a little half page thing on NHL 08 and it looked like the screenshots they had on it had the new jersey's in there, because I've never seen them. One had San Jose and Phoenix, unfortunately all i could see was the backs, But they both looked different, esspecially San Jose's. There was also a shot of Detroit and Chicago, Chicago looked like they do now, and Detroit had their new jerseys that were just released. The last shot has Edmonton and Vancouver. All there is for Edmonton is their goalie so I only see the upper chest and arms, I can see that the oilers jersey has the piping from the armpit to the neck, the arms are white all the way to the glove and blocker, and the logo is the same. Vancouver has a blue jersey like the vintage they used last year, again all i saw was the back, so i dont know what logo they used. Here are quick pictures I made from what I saw.

San Jose:

SJ.gif

Phoenix:

PHX.gif

Vancouver looks like this (I'm guessing on the logo, but the stripes are correct):

van-1-small.jpg

This is all I could see of Edmonton (in the red box), I made it quick (and crappy) but I think you get the point:

EDM.gif

templatesca0.png

So based on this I guess Edmonton is going with the top-center template and San Jose is going for the top-left. In fact, I guess so are Phoenix and Vancouver minus the coloured yoke.

These photos were posted on HFboards:

sjpho.jpg

oilers_leak.jpg

I despise the piping, but I was fearing much worse (ex. Islanders, Sabres, etc.) for the Oilers. I'm reserving judgement until I see the home blue and some clearer shots. I really hope the pictures aren't hiding any RBK x-treme!!! underarm / side panel performance striping.

16-08-07_1806.jpg

Out in a store already?

Is that captain's 'C' different then the one they used last season?

I believe it is the text from their away jerseys, not their homes. The text you see in my Avatar is what they had on the back of their homes last season.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

16-08-07_1806.jpg

That logo looks really nice.

16-08-07_1806.jpg

That logo looks really nice.

It is not too awful in person... but it still looks like its missing something. Held up to a shirt with the old logo though, it looks a heck of a lot better. It seems that this logo only really works on a shirt/jersey but not on its own...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

sjpho.jpg

OOOH HOOO!!! I think I'm going to like the new Sharks unis!!!

Is it just me or does it look like that picture could be of a New Jersey Devils player?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

16-08-07_1806.jpg

im an islanders fan, and im buying it, and frankly your opinion dont mean squat to me

Archived