Atlanta Falcons

MattMilone

Ok, so the Falcons quaterback had some problems. It's obvious Arthur Blank is trying to get his brand as far away from "Bad PR Vick," . . . Blah Blah Blah.

Here's the latest update, with two extra helmets just to see what they'd look like. Honostly, I think Oregon U. has better helmets than these, but why not throw them out there. Also outlining edit to the logo (barely noticable, but I think it's better) and no ALT this time. This is a response to the "make the team's primary red" requests. So I did. I kept black, but only as a trim, and replaced most white with silver (with exception to the AWAY's, no silver jersey :( . . .) Anywho, let's have another go.

NFL_AtlantaFalcons2-1.jpg

I was gonna ask a question should they tweak the jerseys, since they would be washing their hands of the qb, since they changed uni's into Reeve's last year. I'd just keep the current piping and dispose of the crazy sleeves they have, but for yours I'd take off the horizontal stripes on the sleeves,

I was gonna ask a question should they tweak the jerseys, since they would be washing their hands of the qb, since they changed uni's into Reeve's last year. I'd just keep the current piping and dispose of the crazy sleeves they have, but for yours I'd take off the horizontal stripes on the sleeves,

i understand that vick has got some problems (trust me, i know, look at my name) but that doesnt mean that the entire organization has to change its identity... he may have been a leader but he wasnt the organization... i love the falcons current set, the only thing i think they should change is make the sleeves on the reds black and make the stripe down the side red with black piping, everything else is pretty much perfect... these... hate em... sorry, bro, just not feelin it, the best thing they did with their new set was ditch the grey and the straight line striping wouldnt work since theyve gone with the modernized angled tapered stripes and piping... the red pants... i think i threw up a little, and i hate 95% of jerseys that have colored numbers with white outlines... the saints can kind of pull it off, the rams can kind of pull it off... there is no reason that the lions black jerseys should have blue numbers... its hideous...

i understand that vick has got some problems (trust me, i know, look at my name) but that doesnt mean that the entire organization has to change its identity... he may have been a leader but he wasnt the organization...

Naw... he was only the face of the team as well its de facto onfield leader and highest-salaried employee, around whom entire schemes were attempted and based. He was kinda sorta more or less the organization. Of course, I'm not expecting anyone with your screen name to agree with any of this... :P

As far as the concept goes, why not reestablish red as the primary color? Black is a vestige of the Jerry Glanville Era. All of the other places that Glanville infected have shed or scaled back on their gratuitous use of black; the Falcons could do the same. Black was always a trim color, so I am not saying eliminate it. Just make red dominant again. Silver instead of gray could be a great link to the past, as well as just having a nice look to it. And metallic pants work with the home and away jerseys. These are a step in the right direction.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

well they have taken a step in the right direction by making the red jersey the primary and the black on an alternate. the problem is its going to be associated with the vick era. i don't follow the falcons that much but didn't the falcons ever have a black helmet/red jersey with the old falcon logo?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Red helmet would help this quite a bit, IMO, as they'd "look" more like the Atlanta Falcons, at least, to many of us.

The other thing would just be consistancy. I preferred look 1 to 2, as in 2, the grey is only in the jersey striping, and really, you'd be better off when it's really nowhere else in the uniform, to just make it white or red, depending on the jersey.

By going to a red helmet, the Falcons would continue to separate themselves from looking like their division rival Buccaneers.

I don't get this comment. If anything, the change to a red jersey and a switch to a red helmet makes them more like the Bucs. That black helmet brings distinction, especially with respects to this concept.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived