"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

Oh and SeaDragon,

The Sun Dorks? You are going to go with that one? Really? I mean you could of gone with something like "Scum Devils". But the Sun Dorks? That's just sad. But don't feel too bad, if my team got worked like yours did last night, I wouldn't be on my 'A' game either.

Keep in mind he's the same guy who came up with "Yuckeyes." I don't think wit is his strong suit.

And yeah I think your team is getting screwed.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on, you are smart enough to realize that people are upset that the Buckeyes for where they are ranked. People are upset with the polls for ranking them.

Just curious. Who has beaten anyone this season? I mean every big win suddenly looks not so big the following week.

Well just looking at the team below you, they have beaten a #17 Auburn at Auburn and beat the #5 team West Virginia. Is that someone for you?

I mean all we've done is win every game on our schedule so far. Excuse the :censored: out of us. How dare we not step aside and let the truly deserving teams move back up where they belong.

You are absolutely right. But all that USF, BC, ASU, Kansas and Hawaii have done is win every game on their schedule so far also. Excuse the :cursing: out of them for questioning why the rankings are the way they are.

(Just a side note, I am not being hostile or anything towards you. I know it sucks to have to defend your team for something you don't control. I am just saying there are teams out there that have done the same as the teams ahead of them and are obviously feel screwed. That being said I am not too mad with the top 3 right now. The rankings will sort themselves out when at least one of these teams loses a game. No need to get all upset about the rankings right now. At least I am trying not to with ASU right now)

PopHeading-1.gif

Oh and SeaDragon,

The Sun Dorks? You are going to go with that one? Really? I mean you could of gone with something like "Scum Devils". But the Sun Dorks? That's just sad. But don't feel too bad, if my team got worked like yours did last night, I wouldn't be on my 'A' game either.

Keep in mind he's the same guy who came up with "Yuckeyes." I don't think wit is his strong suit.

And yeah I think your team is getting screwed.

Ha ha. Real funny. infrared: Be glad I didn't add an 'F' instead of a 'Y' to the Buckeyes. Also, Squeaks: Scum Devils? No... As a Huskies fan, the only true scum... is Waz-Spew. Everyone else is (or supposed to be) cannon fodder.

Carry on with the Buckeye bashing. All I can say is the view is always good from the top. Bring on The Bulls!

how you can read all of what i wrote and call it "buckeye bashing" like i didn't say anything about anyone else is beyond me. thank you for turning my "slightly shotgunned against the BCS" rant into 'smug osu fan vs. (assumed) disgruntled michigan fan' again <_< . anyway.

its not like any of what's said this week will matter. next week they'll be shaken up again.

Okay, just so we're clear on what the BCS would do here.

We're declaring our BCS conference champions as #1 Ohio State, #2 South Florida, #3 Boston College, #4 Louisiana State, #8 Arizona State, and #13 Kansas.

Obviously, the national championship game would be #1 Ohio State versus #2 South Florida.

Due to contractual obligations, #3 Boston College would play in the Orange Bowl, #4 Louisiana State is in the Sugar Bowl, #8 Arizona State is in the Rose Bowl, and #13 Kansas is in the Fiesta Bowl.

The Rose Bowl has the first choice, and since there is no Big Ten team eligible for selection, they would take #5 Oklahoma.

Next choice goes to the Orange Bowl, who would most likely take #6 South Carolina, the next highest eligible team.

Next choice goes to the Fiesta Bowl, who probably would take #9 West Virginia, next best team. #7 Kentucky is ineligible because they would be the third team from the Southeastern Conference.

Finally, the Sugar Bowl would take the next best team, #10 Oregon.

In review:

NCG - #1 Ohio State (Big Ten Leader) v #2 South Florida (Big East Leader)

Rose - #8 Arizona State (Pac-10 Leader) v #5 Oklahoma (At-Large)

Sugar - #4 Louisiana State (SEC Leader) v #10 Oregon (At-Large)

Fiesta - #13 Kansas (Big XII Leader) v #9 West Virginia (At-Large)

Orange - #3 Boston College (ACC Leader) v #6 South Carolina (At-Large)

Note that Hawaii is currently ineligible for selection as they are not at least in the Top 14.

LvZYtbZ.png

Damn, Mizzou should of beat OU. They just beat themselves in the fourth.

Even with the loss I'm not overly disappointed. We played a really good team in their place, and lost by only 10, and it should of been closer, or even the other way around. The botched hand off killed us. O well, we'll get our revenge in the Big 12 Championship game :D

Wow. Came to this thread to post about my gameday experience this weekend and found this. Have to disagree with your comments because I was at this game and OU dominated for most of it. Mizzou moved the ball, I'll grant them that, and I agree the difference was OU's defensive touchdown. But I think it's wishful thinking though to suggest Missouri "beat themselves" or that the game was closer than the 10 point margin. OU moved up and down the field and had they wised up earlier to running inside, which they did pretty much at will, they would have won big.

Before today, though inexcusable, the only home college game I'd attended was at Georgia Tech. I say inexcusably because I grew up in New Orleans, 90 minutes tops from LSU's Tiger Stadium. I say home college game 'cause I have been to the Sugar Bowl. My wife's a Sooner and has wanted to take me to an OU game since we met, insisting it would trump just about any other game experience I've had. I was skeptical but DAMN! She was right!

We spent the day walking the campus and attending the homecoming parade, then it was off to the game. The attendance was 85,000 and to hear half of them yell "BOOOOMER!" and the other half respond "SOOOOONER!" was unbelievable. You can hear it yourself on

but in person, it is amazing. It rolls like thunder. I also enjoyed seeing the Sooner Schooner come out after each score. My wife was in the band while she was there so she was able to give me a lot of inside scoop about what's going on behind the scenes on game day.

The way that place erupted when OU scored the defensive TD was the 3rd craziest crowd reaction I've ever seen in person. #1 all-time was Tom Dempsey's 63-yard FG in 1970 and #2 was when the Saints blocked a Falcon punt in last season's "return to the Superdome" game.

I'll post pics from the game soon.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Ha ha. Real funny. infrared: Be glad I didn't add an 'F' instead of a 'Y' to the Buckeyes.

You're not witty. There's no shame in that. Be glad you didn't add an F? What exactly should I be glad about? It would have been just as stupid if you had used an F as it was when you used a Y.

Carry on with the Buckeye bashing. All I can say is the view is always good from the top. Bring on The Bulls!

how you can read all of what i wrote and call it "buckeye bashing" like i didn't say anything about anyone else is beyond me. thank you for turning my "slightly shotgunned against the BCS" rant into 'smug osu fan vs. (assumed) disgruntled michigan fan' again <_< . anyway.

its not like any of what's said this week will matter. next week they'll be shaken up again.

Sorry about that. It wasn't my intent at all. The "Carry on" thing wasn't directed at you. It was simply a preemptive strike at all the Buckeye bashing that was sure to follow the poll coming out.

I should have created a new post for my rant. The only part of my reply intended for you was "who has anyone beaten?"

My mistake. I screwed up.

BB52Big.jpg

It is like Bill Simmons said, this year is like year 10 of a NCAA Football Video Game Dynasty where teams like Middle Tennessee State and Kent State become national powers. I enjoy the fresh blood personally. In the early 80s Miami and Florida State rose out of nowhere to become "traditional powers" so why not USF?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Ha ha. Real funny. infrared: Be glad I didn't add an 'F' instead of a 'Y' to the Buckeyes.

You're not witty. There's no shame in that. Be glad you didn't add an F? What exactly should I be glad about? It would have been just as stupid if you had used an F as it was when you used a Y.

Sorry about that. It wasn't my intent at all. The "Carry on" thing wasn't directed at you. It was simply a preemptive strike at all the Buckeye bashing that was sure to follow the poll coming out.

I should have created a new post for my rant. The only part of my reply intended for you was "who has anyone beaten?"

Hey! We aren't supposed to be admitting our mistakes and screw ups. Remember, our book is supposed to be SHORT! :)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Hey! We aren't supposed to be admitting our mistakes and screw ups. Remember, our book is supposed to be SHORT! :)

I never said I was wrong, I simply admitted I had misplaced a post. We're still good on the book. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Sorry about that. It wasn't my intent at all. The "Carry on" thing wasn't directed at you.

The only part of my reply intended for you was "who has anyone beaten?"

ah...well in that case, that's exactly my point. it makes no sense to argue who's number 1 in this system. it comes down to prestige, to perceptions, and to votes. granted you still have to win the games, but as boise state found out last year and the third unbeaten team (providing there is one) will find out this year, that doesn't always count for much.

Damn, Mizzou should of beat OU. They just beat themselves in the fourth.

Even with the loss I'm not overly disappointed. We played a really good team in their place, and lost by only 10, and it should of been closer, or even the other way around. The botched hand off killed us. O well, we'll get our revenge in the Big 12 Championship game :D

Wow. Came to this thread to post about my gameday experience this weekend and found this. Have to disagree with your comments because I was at this game and OU dominated for most of it. Mizzou moved the ball, I'll grant them that, and I agree the difference was OU's defensive touchdown. But I think it's wishful thinking though to suggest Missouri "beat themselves" or that the game was closer than the 10 point margin. OU moved up and down the field and had they wised up earlier to running inside, which they did pretty much at will, they would have won big.

Before today, though inexcusable, the only home college game I'd attended was at Georgia Tech. I say inexcusably because I grew up in New Orleans, 90 minutes tops from LSU's Tiger Stadium. I say home college game 'cause I have been to the Sugar Bowl. My wife's a Sooner and has wanted to take me to an OU game since we met, insisting it would trump just about any other game experience I've had. I was skeptical but DAMN! She was right!

We spent the day walking the campus and attending the homecoming parade, then it was off to the game. The attendance was 85,000 and to hear half of them yell "BOOOOMER!" and the other half respond "SOOOOONER!" was unbelievable. You can hear it yourself on

but in person, it is amazing. It rolls like thunder. I also enjoyed seeing the Sooner Schooner come out after each score. My wife was in the band while she was there so she was able to give me a lot of inside scoop about what's going on behind the scenes on game day.

The way that place erupted when OU scored the defensive TD was the 3rd craziest crowd reaction I've ever seen in person. #1 all-time was Tom Dempsey's 63-yard FG in 1970 and #2 was when the Saints blocked a Falcon punt in last season's "return to the Superdome" game.

I'll post pics from the game soon.

Yes, yes, I will admit that the OU offense was running all over the Mizzou defense, and the secondary was absolutely horrible, obviously the zone wasn't working the way it did against Nebraska, they should of done something. However, when the third quarter ended the Tigers were up on an OU team who now has a 51-2 record at home under Bob Stoops, which is a big thing for Tiger fans. We're used to sucking.

Don't forget though that Missouri safety Pig Brown almost intercepted a ball in the endzone when Mizzou was leading in the fourth, and they probably would have scored on the possession when Daniel and Maclin fumbled (damn mis-communication). The Tigers have never been this good in my lifetime, and I have lived in Columbia for all of my 19 years.

I seriously think if those two plays went the other way then Mizzou would have won. OU fans are used to winning and being a big powerhouse, we have never really been one. I dunno why exactly but you kinda really pissed me off there. We'll see you :censored: ers in the Big 12 Championship game, actually probably not, we'll probably lose to Iowa State like always :(

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Note that Hawaii is currently ineligible for selection as they are not at least in the Top 14.

There is another entrance for the non-BCS conference teams that not many folks mention:

If Hawaii's in the top 16 in the final BCS standings, and are higher in the standings than a BCS-conference champion, Hawaii would get into a BCS bowl game.

There is another entrance for the non-BCS conference teams that not many folks mention:

If Hawaii's in the top 16 in the final BCS standings, and are higher in the standings than a BCS-conference champion, Hawaii would get into a BCS bowl game.

Oh, I know that. But that's for an automatic berth. Until they are in the top 14, they are ineligible for an at-large berth.

LvZYtbZ.png

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/foot...e.ap/index.html

I can see why they got fined since it is a hazzard, but this is the best part of college sports!

That attitude is one of the WORST parts of college sports, the fact that people that have nothing to do with the game cross the line and feel that they are entitled to become a part of the story. Enjoy your team's victory, but please remember that you're an observer, not a participant. You're not there to storm the field or court. You are there to cheer or boo (and to buy :censored: :)).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/foot...e.ap/index.html

I can see why they got fined since it is a hazzard, but this is the best part of college sports!

Better than actually winning?

Yep, in some cases, I think it is. At least if you take part in the celebration. The only similar experience I had was in '05 when Illinois beat Louisville to go the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship, and thousands upon thousands of students rushed Green St. (the main street in Campustown). I barely remember the game, but I absoutely remember being out there on Green St. So, even though you can't have the celebration without the win, I think it's better.

Note: I'm referring to non-violent, non-destructive celebrations. There's a difference between rushing the streets, or rushing the field, and turning over cars and ripping down goal posts. I don't see any issue with fans doing either, as long as it doesn't turn destructive.

Archived