"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

Is Michigan/Ohio State for the Big Ten Title?

Yup....

That one TD-killing penalty against Iowa really looks bad for Illinois now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know much about Big Ten football. How long has the University of Wisconsin dropped everything for everyone in the stadium, marching band and ESPN crew included, to dance to Jump Around? That was the damndest thing.

Basically the season the song was released. They came back to prominance during the 1992 season, when the song ws released. They reahed teh Rose Bowl following that season.

OK, I have to go out and light a candle for the Orange Bowl tonight. It was a dump, as talked about in the thread about the Hurricanes moving, but it was my dump!

From Miamiherald.com yesterday, this sums it all up:

"It's the only place in South Florida where you can stand up for the whole game, drink beer and be an [expletive]. Dolphin Stadium, like [Jim] Mandich says, that's for the people who sip Chardonnay.''

Am I looking at the stats wrong, or did Illinois really have the ball for nearly fourteen minutes in the 4th quarter?

Oskee-Wow-Wow, indeed.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Am I looking at the stats wrong, or did Illinois really have the ball for nearly fourteen minutes in the 4th quarter?

Oskee-Wow-Wow, indeed.

I know they had it for the last 8:09.

Navy 65-North Texas 56. :blink:

At the start of the 4th Quarter. Welcome to Collegiate arena football....with the TRIPLE OPTION!!!

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oskee-Wow-Wow, indeed.

Nope. The Illini did pretty much control the clock in the 4th quarter. Something tells me that the old Zooker still can coach a bit.

Now, the people who root for LSU and Oregon are cheering for they'll be the new 1 and 2 in the polls. Of course, there is the darkhorse (or darkbird, if you will) in Kansas.

Oskee-Wow-Wow, indeed.

At the start of the 4th Quarter. Welcome to Collegiate arena football....with the TRIPLE OPTION!!!

Good thing Navy defends our nation better than they defend the run.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Oskee-Wow-Wow, indeed.

Let me update that Navy-North Texas score for you guys: It's now a final score... Navy wins 74-62. I kid you not. I was wondering if a basketball game broke out.

Oskee-Wow-Wow, indeed.

Let me update that Navy-North Texas score for you guys: It's now a final score... Navy wins 74-62. I kid you not. I was wondering if a basketball game broke out.

I've been waiting for the ESPN scoretracker to catch up; I thought it had suffered a meltdown. BTW-NCAA record 94 points in the first half, and record (for a quarter) 63 points in the second.

Oh...and Texas shivered Cap'n Leach's timbers, as the Red Raiders did their best HMS Queen Mary impression, losing to Texas 59-43

Today, we are all otaku.

I thought I saw that Oregon was off today. That makes LSU 1, Oregon 2, right? Or is OSU still hanging around there?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Oskee-Wow-Wow, indeed.

I think The Buckeyes ran three plays on offense in the 4th quarter. It may have been more, but only a couple more.

I thought I saw that Oregon was off today. That makes LSU 1, Oregon 2, right? Or is OSU still hanging around there?

I think Ohio State will drop to at least #7 after this. The media wasn't crazy about us being number one to begin with so we'll pay a steep price, at least in the writer's poll, for losing today. I wouldn't be surprised if we fell out of the top ten. No complaints here. We got our asses kicked at home by an unranked team.

It would take a whole bunch of weird :censored: to happen for Ohio State to get back in the title picture. It's possible but highly improbable.

BB52Big.jpg

I left Kansas out of my calculus. Do they get to be number one this week?

The real "style point" part of their schedule doesn't begin unless they beat Missouri next week. Beating Oklahoma State will not do enough for the Jayhawks to vault both Oregon and LSU.

Today, we are all otaku.

I left Kansas out of my calculus. Do they get to be number one this week?

Nah, it'll be LSU. Oregon will get screwed for not playing this week and they'll drop to three. If they win, Kansas will move to two.

I am against a playoff, but I am beginning to understand why everyone wants one so bad. I just can't buy that USF or Boston College were ever better that the teams they were in front of when they were ranked #2. There is just way too much emphasis placed on being undefeated. Did anyone ever really believe that USF was a better team than say Georgia?

BB52Big.jpg

The problem is that if Oregon and LSU win out, they'll play for the national championship, regardless of what Kansas does.

I disagree. If Kansas beats the #5 and #6 team (as of now, both of those teams will move up after this week) in the final few weeks of the season then they'd certainly move up into one of the top two spots.

IUe6Hvh.png

The problem is that if Oregon and LSU win out, they'll play for the national championship, regardless of what Kansas does.

I disagree. If Kansas beats the #5 and #6 team (as of now, both of those teams will move up after this week) in the final few weeks of the season then they'd certainly move up into one of the top two spots.

Personally, I agree with you, but I'm trying to think how the voters would think.

LvZYtbZ.png

I dunno if i'm in the right thread, but why is BC in gold pants on the road against maryland? what happed to the all-whites?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Personally, I agree with you, but I'm trying to think how the voters would think.

The voters will think that Oregon did not prove itself in a Conference Championship game setting (even though the Pac 10 has the Round Robin) and should not play in the BCS title game. :P

Seriously...if Kansas beats both Missouri and Oklahoma, their computer numbers should be enough to get them in the game.

Today, we are all otaku.

Oh...and Texas shivered Cap'n Leach's timbers, as the Red Raiders did their best HMS Queen Mary impression, losing to Texas 59-43

Cap'n Leach wants to make some refs walk the plank.

Boston College also continues the National Trend of the #2 losing, then proceeding to go on a multi-week swoon, until they wake up outside of Atlantic City naked with a barbie doll. USF and Cal say "join the club".

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived