"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

Well, the SEC has "Crooming", and I guess the Pac 10 may have "Stoopsing"

Arizona leads #2 Oregon 17-11 in the 2nd Quarter....BUT Dennis Dixon is out with a knee injury.

24-11 now. Still second quarter. Some Big XII teams are licking their chops/planning on taking care of business methinks.

34-24 Arizona wins.

I was there. Great game, but Brady Leaf definitely was no Dennis Dixon. It is kind of sad that an injury might have led to the result of the game.

... see what happens when you have to depend on someone named Leaf? ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn, i'd love to see something like a Kansas vs West Virginia/Arizona State matchup, but I have this sinking feeling its still gonna be something along the lines of an Oklahoma vs LSU/Ohio State championship.

To paraphrase Apollo 13; For Ohio State to play in the National Championship Game about 28 miracles have to happen...we're on number two. I don't think you need to worry about The Buckeyes messing it up for you. But I agree, in this crazy season it would be great to see a Kansas-West Virginia matchup. New blood would be a good thing.

BB52Big.jpg

...I knew Arizona was going to win. I was seriously thinking of betting one of my friends here that Arizona would win. I decided not to since we were just joking. But I would've seriously done it, because that dude was thinking "No way in hell Arizona beats Oregon." and I was like "Dude, have you not been watching football this year?" Ah. I could've been $50 richer today.

My friend actually did bet someone $20 over this game. He was just acepted into UofA earlier this month and the other kid is a huge Ducks fan. The Ducks fan actually gave him a 10 point spread too.

There is no doubt in my mind that the winner of the Big XII will face LSU/WVU/OSU/ASU in the national title game. If the winner beats one of the others, and possibly 2 of the others they deserve a National Title shot.

saBS.png

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm suprised. I think Nutt's done a pretty decent job at Arkansas.

Anyone who knows about SEC football knows that Arkansas is generally the 4th-best team in the Western division, year-in and year-out, and their talent level shows that. Despite that, he got Arkansas into the SEC Championship Game twice, among other things.....

I'm suprised. I think Nutt's done a pretty decent job at Arkansas.

Anyone who knows about SEC football knows that Arkansas is generally the 4th-best team in the Western division, year-in and year-out, and their talent level shows that. Despite that, he got Arkansas into the SEC Championship Game twice, among other things.....

Yes...but he's losing in-state talent to other schools, has really not done as well with Darren McFadden as one would expect, and the impression I've gotten of Arkansas' program is that the NCAA infraction meisters are about to descend on that school with both feet.

Couple that with his patron Frank Broyles leaving/retiring/being forced out, and the turmoil the program was in following the Offensive coordinator fiasco this past offseason, and his departure really isn't that surprising.

Besides...when fans are renting planes to fly banner advertisements calling for your ouster during games, I would suggest calling a good realtor.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hawaii 28 Nevada 26.

Nevada subscribes to the Herm Edwards school of clock management.

I'm convinced Hawaii's losing to Boise State next week.

Today, we are all otaku.

Well, it's starting to look like Tressel has Michigan's number again. OSU is up 14-3 in the third and Michigan is just stuck in the mud here. Buckeye fans, you may want to start getting hotel rooms in Pasadena.

What else is known right now?

-The new front runner for the Heisman? How about Florida's Tim Tebow. The first man in College Football history to throw for 20 touchdowns and run for 20 touchdowns (he has 2 passing TD's and a rushing TD in the game against FAU).

-For those in the lower divisions, the playoffs are underway. I have to wait a week to root for UNO since they have a first round bye. :)

Ohio State 14

Michigan 3

So long LLLLLLoyd.

What's Mike Hart got to say now? He wasn't even a factor. He didn't get a hundred yards, in fact his entire team didn't get a hundred yards on offense did it? I'm glad Hart and Henne could come back so they could win a national championship and beat Ohio State. How'd that work out for you fellas?

At least they won't be whining about being left out of the BCS title game this year.

BB52Big.jpg

Ohio State 14

Michigan 3

So long LLLLLLoyd.

What's Mike Hart got to say now? He wasn't even a factor.

He was a factor early, but when you have absolutely NO passing game, it is tough to run. Henne hurt the team by staying in there. The injury was showing and he rarely had a pass on target. Mario Manningham, who is from Ohio :rolleyes: , dropped about 4 or 5 passes also. I honestly think it would have been a totally different game had Mallett played more.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Ohio State 14

Michigan 3

So long LLLLLLoyd.

What's Mike Hart got to say now? He wasn't even a factor. He didn't get a hundred yards, in fact his entire team didn't get a hundred yards on offense did it? I'm glad Hart and Henne could come back so they could win a national championship and beat Ohio State. How'd that work out for you fellas?

At least they won't be whining about being left out of the BCS title game this year.

Will Ohio State whine when they are left out as well?

Today, we are all otaku.

Ohio State 14

Michigan 3

So long LLLLLLoyd.

He was a factor early, but when you have absolutely NO passing game, it is tough to run. Henne hurt the team by staying in there. The injury was showing and he rarely had a pass on target. Mario Manningham, who is from Ohio :rolleyes: , dropped about 4 or 5 passes also. I honestly think it would have been a totally different game had Mallett played more.

They're all from Ohio, Michigan high school football is nowwhere near as good as it is here so they have to come to Ohio to get talent.

4 in a row feels so good because as a kid I grew up watching the great John Cooper teams get their :censored: tossed by underdog Michigan teams. It's good to be on the other side of things.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Ohio State 14

Michigan 3

So long LLLLLLoyd.

He was a factor early,

He was? I must have missed that play.

I honestly think it would have been a totally different game had Mallett played more.

Yeah and you had all sorts of excuses...errr...scenarios that would have meant a different game last year too. You've lost four in a row to Ohio State in just about every way possible. You're not as good as we are. Deal with it.

Will Ohio State whine when they are left out as well?

Nope. (at least I won't) We weren't even expecting to be in the hunt this year. It's been all gravy this season. This was a "rebuilding year." I'll take 11-1, beating Michigan, the Big 10 title, and a Rose Bowl bid in a rebuilding year every time.

How about this...We'll bitch if we don't make it next year. :D

BB52Big.jpg

How about this...We'll bitch if we don't make it next year. :D

Nope....Illinois' winning the Conference and going to the Rose Bowl next year.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived