Texas Tech Red Raiders..............

Thunderstruk

I caught a little bit of this game, and from above the black streaks on the front and back look like an X with the player's head in the middle. Just a little something I noticed. I like the red pants, but not a big fan of the jerseys themselves.

AM.gif

Oooh, I really like that number font. Much better than the Serpentine on the wordmark.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I hated Tech's pants, because I hate that style. Then again the black on red without white or a lighter color (silver) to separate them, is bad and starts to look muddy. I did like Tech's numbers though.

I agree, Tech looked pretty good. However the backpack looking yoke has got to be abolished ! :cursing: I also like the SMU red jerseys (w/O the piping) Not a big fan of the blue helmet either. The old white one was better, some people might associate it to the death penalty days, oh well.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

It's sad to see how college football has become this nike orgy of piping, yokes, and modern uniforms. These uniforms look alright, but I'm disappointed in the lack of traditional style uniforms in major college football these days.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Tech unis lack balance. It's black and white on the top, red on the bottom. If the numbers or yoke were red it would look much better.

I agree. The red pants stick out in a bad way.

And the thick black streaks are ugly.

It's sad to see how college football has become this nike orgy of piping, yokes, and modern uniforms. These uniforms look alright, but I'm disappointed in the lack of traditional style uniforms in major college football these days.

i can tell you theres more teams in the NCAA with no piping over teams with piping... and by the way these aren't done by Nike.. it was done by under amour... get used to piping its called change... not everyone likes change, if everyone hated change than football players would still be playing in leather hats...

spacer.png

Archived