Outdoor NHL Game

charger77

Pens season and/or half-season ticket holders get to buy get their tickets for it tomorrow...

...In other words...Im going.

I thought everybody could buy them tomorrow?

There is no chance I am not going to this. I will be up in the 300's somewhere but I'll be there.

saBS.png

There is another tread open which talks about the logo for the game, but here are the prices. I don't know what to think about them. Still too high. Then again, if it continues, you have to do it in a US city which isn't really NCAA football centric.

AMP/NHL WINTER CLASSIC TICKET PRICES

Press Box-$110

100 Level- $90

100 Lower- $60

200 Ends-$55

300 Center- $39

300 Corner-$29

Here's the full prices from Letsgosabres.com:

# $225.00 - Red Zone/Goal Line Club

# $203.00 - Club Seats

# $110.00 - Upper-Level Lower-Bowl

# $90.00 - Middle-Level Lower-Bowl

# $60.00 - Lower-Level Lower-Bowl

# $55.00 - End-Zone Seats

# $39.00 - Upper-Deck #1

# $29.00 - Upper-Deck #2

# $10.00 - Limited Obstructed-View Seats

Prices too high? Those are great prices! Some perspective: I just dropped 70 bucks for a so-so seat to the Oilers' home opener against the Sharks.

I had off from work today so I decided to check what kind of tickets were available. They went on sale at 10:00. I got onto ticket master at 10:09. Only the most expensive tickets were left. I started to stream the local Pittsburgh show on ESPN radio and people were calling in saying how the game was already sold out.

And also add that NBC has no bowl game that morning so it's not bad counter-programming against some of the other weaker bowls.

Weaker bowl game? This hockey game will hardly be competing with weak bowl games:

- Outback Bowl (11 AM)

- Cotton Bowl (11:30 AM)

- Gator Bowl (Noon)

- CapitalOne Bowl (1 PM)

These games are the cream of the crop outside of the BCS games. If the NHL wanted to go against "weaker" bowls, they should try the time between Christmas and New Years.

And also add that NBC has no bowl game that morning so it's not bad counter-programming against some of the other weaker bowls.

Weaker bowl game? This hockey game will hardly be competing with weak bowl games:

- Outback Bowl (11 AM)

- Gator Bowl (Noon)

- CapitalOne Bowl (1 PM)

These games are the cream of the crop outside of the BCS games. If the NHL wanted to go against "weaker" bowls, they should try the time between Christmas and New Years.

Yes, but thanks to the BCS, nobody gives a d@mn about those games outside of the fans of the teams that are playing in them.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

- Outback Bowl (11 AM)

- Gator Bowl (Noon)

- CapitalOne Bowl (1 PM)

I couldn't name one team that played in any of those bowls last year.

- Outback Bowl (11 AM)

- Gator Bowl (Noon)

- CapitalOne Bowl (1 PM)

First, I would argue that the Holiday Bowl is the best non-BCS bowl game. Secondly, as pointed out above, while those may be good games, they only draw viewers who are rooting for one of the teams playing. The Cotton Bowl hasn't been a relevant bowl in more than a decade. Is NBC going to win the day ratings-wise or even beat a bowl game with hockey? Absolutely not. But for a network which already has the NHL contract and nothing else to show in that time period, it's not a bad programming choice.

Where should I go? Scalpers or StubHub?

I can't believe this sold out in 40 mins. I knew it would sell out today, but in less than an hour :o My dad was going to get tickets after work, but I guess not now.

I have always used Razor Gator for NCAA Tourney tickets and never had a problem.

I've scored ticks so I'll be there :)

The game will also be on CBC for all you canucks.

That confirmed for CBC to be shown?? I thought it might be shown on NBC as well.... I gonna have to check the tv schedules and see for myself...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I've scored ticks so I'll be there :)

The game will also be on CBC for all you canucks.

That confirmed for CBC to be shown?? I thought it might be shown on NBC as well.... I gonna have to check the tv schedules and see for myself...

Yes the game will be on NBC in the US, CBC and RDS in Canada.

Archived