Outdoor NHL Game

charger77

They couldn't get any seats closer to the ice?

That's what I was thinking, too. I mean it might be out of the question to set up temporary bleachers because it would obstruct the view for people in the lower bowl, but I'd think you'd at least set up some chairs on the lawn and charge primo dollars for them. Or maybe they'll do General Admission tix so some people can stand around the glass.

There is another tread open which talks about the logo for the game, but here are the prices. I don't know what to think about them. Still too high. Then again, if it continues, you have to do it in a US city which isn't really NCAA football centric.

AMP/NHL WINTER CLASSIC TICKET PRICES

Press Box-$110

100 Level- $90

100 Lower- $60

200 Ends-$55

300 Center- $39

300 Corner-$29

Is this at the BuffaField or Heinz?

Wait, nevermind. Unless the picture's not accurately rendered for the game, I'm not seeing yellow seats.

It's at Ralph Wilson Stadium, outside the City of Buffalo. The Buffalo Bills actually play in Orchard Park, N.Y.

I know its New Years Day and all, but wouldn't it have been a better idea to have it played when there aren't a slew of bowl games being played that day to get some extra exposure?

And, what happens when its an unseasonably warm 42 degrees or if theres a blizzard or sleet or whatever?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I know its New Years Day and all, but wouldn't it have been a better idea to have it played when there aren't a slew of bowl games being played that day to get some extra exposure?

And, what happens when its an unseasonably warm 42 degrees or if theres a blizzard or sleet or whatever?

They can play the game as long as temperatures aren't above 60 degrees. So 42 degrees is fine. As for rain/snow that's a risk for any type of these events I'm sure there is a contingency plan.

As for Bowl games remember with the BCS the important bowl game isn't until a week later and overall there is only 2 BCS bowls are played that day both after this game would be over. I'm sure they did the research and figure ratings will be higher on New Years when everyone is home watching tv than another random Saturday or Sunday even p against some bowl games which are all lower level bowls at 1pm.

They can play the game as long as temperatures aren't above 60 degrees. So 42 degrees is fine. As for rain/snow that's a risk for any type of these events I'm sure there is a contingency plan.

As for Bowl games remember with the BCS the important bowl game isn't until a week later and overall there is only 2 BCS bowls are played that day both after this game would be over. I'm sure they did the research and figure ratings will be higher on New Years when everyone is home watching tv than another random Saturday or Sunday even p against some bowl games which are all lower level bowls at 1pm.

In addition, Upstate NY will not have a bowl team (Buffalo and Syracuse suck), and Pitt plays in too loaded a Conference to get to a January 1st Bowl. Penn State might be a factor, but right now I'm thinking Roses for them, so they'll play in the evening.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Thats because the NHL is run by idiots who start the season during the MLB postseason

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Thats because the NHL is run by idiots who start the season during the MLB postseason

What?

When do you want them to start season? Guess what there is something big going on in the sports world at any time except for maybe August. I hope you not suggesting they start in August. They start the season any later then the playoffs run into July.

In addition, Upstate NY will not have a bowl team (Buffalo and Syracuse suck), and Pitt plays in too loaded a Conference to get to a January 1st Bowl. Penn State might be a factor, but right now I'm thinking Roses for them, so they'll play in the evening.

And also add that NBC has no bowl game that morning so it's not bad counter-programming against some of the other weaker bowls.

Archived